Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 16 hours.

[2018 Q1] Consumables
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raginggnome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

So do you still go find the purple potions, gyvels etc., and just pour it into the flask and it preserves the potions longer?

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Is the belt thing in place and does it reolace your waist slot or is it an added slot to the character?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

There is no belt yet. I need to decide on the implementation. I made some progress on that and pulled it all out because I knew it sucked.

So guys, just so you know how to use this correctly, although I feel it is very intuitive, I'll post a rundown here too.

* go to echuir the witch and buy a brewing flask
* use the name command to label the flask, e.g. "name flask sanctuary" will make it into a flask labelled 'Sanctuary'. There are some limits here, but mostly you can name it whatever you want, as long as it doesnt break the rules.
* use the pour command to transfer potions into flasks e.g. e.g. purples into your sanctuary flask would be "pour purple sanctuary"
* use the quaff command on your new flask. When you "quaff sanctuary" what you will see happen is "You quaff a purple potion"
* buy more flasks and do it again if you want

And to answer some other question I saw, the answer is yes the potions still decay. When they decay your flask will belch to let you know. Youre not really gaining ground here. I guess you are saving some item weight. You can also examine your flask to see roughly how much stuff is left in it. I believe I set the maximum as 15 drinks, while we figure this out.

This is a new item type, and there is still work to be done on it. Its a learning experience for me as well at this point. In time maybe we can have flasks that steadily regenerate their spells and things

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject:

Do affects like Gyvels seeing while blind transfer over?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

All those in favor of Nadrin being our guinea pig and finding out say aye!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject:

I'm going to do that thing I say I'll never do and spoonfeed you guys this one time

there are three player-visible state effects on items

(Glowing)
(Humming)
and (Invisible)

Items that are (Glowing) can be seen while blind.

^^^ if this is not the case on any item or item type, it is a bug and requires fixing

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

you guys can see how this affects my ability to gather information, I hope

if I can never tell you why you're wrong, because I can't give you information about how the game works, I can never test whether or not the thing you're reporting is intended

this is why we need you guys to make really meticulous bug reports for things you might think are obvious. They might be obvious to a player, but to an immortal it might be totally non-obvious. I am never seeing the things you guys see because I already know the systems before I try them, and I never go through the learning steps. This is why reporting BUGs and ISSUEs is extremely important.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

I thought gyvels while blind is a hardcoded hack.
If anything wouldnt it be the humming shit you can find blinded

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

nah it used to be all glowing items were visible by blind last I checked

someone might have messed with it, I'll check

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

yeah it's been nerfed, this used to apply to glowing weapons and armor but now it's glowing potions only

I'm OK with shifting that to the humming mechanic, I don't think it does anything else. We have to make sure players will be ok with the potions that will change from glowing to humming, that might affect old school items like purples

I always thought they were glowing because you could see them with like your mind's eye that perceives magic. I didn't think they were necessarily emitting light (or else they would illuminate the room like a torch). I assumed you'd be able to see them even with your eyes closed if you were really close to them (touching)

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

lol. thanks for the spoon fed bs

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Nobody messed with it since the last 15 years. bat bones and gyvels are hardcoded. when did you check? leaked second age code? FL code? this is a big game changer nerf if it was ever one and I would expected rage threads and mass quitting in the quazark forums. I'd like to be properly informed about it. I think its more likely they made a hack to get gyvel working because the old AR way would be to remove blindness from the game and let glowing let you see stuff without a light source

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: