Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 9 hours.

I am back again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: I am back again...

Hey everyone,

As some people probably noticed, I returned after a long absence. The only characters I associated with this account directly which I care to share are Morgolta and Solaine, both from earlier times.

My most memorable characters all sucked in PK, I never even achieved a 50% ratio with any character. I think 40% was my highest ratio?

Anyway, I started in 2010. My most memorable characters from that time were Seliwyn (a chaotic good elvish thief who did everything wrong but received attention and I honestly think she was lawful good in personality; she was the last Page of Valour and also a Squire who never made it into the Knights) and Kaeralin (an avian healer (lawful good) who was my first character to reach 50).

I came back in 2011 after a short hiatus. My next characters in the lineup were Narcana (true neutral human illusionist in the Mystics, kinda bad character but I learned the potential of what you could do solo by assisting Dhua and Worrokk frequently; I had a lot of fun learning tricks from Ergorion's illithids too), and Fheona (lawful neutral human invoker and first attempt at major PvP; Officer of Justice, fought an illithid quite often, was terrible otherwise).

2012 was my best year here. I played Beljia, and I kind of laughed at the EXAMINE description of my scarecrow from the event. Beljia was... Basically my first successful attempt at leadership. Chaotic evil dark-knight, High Herald and my first character with a custom title, "The Mistress of the Tiger". I had a lot of fun overseeing people like Valox. Andrael was fun to RP with too. And Nycticora, you provided me with the impetus to stand up for myself and fight! After Beljia came Luranita, a terrible Mystic who I hated playing (lawful evil necromancer who worshipped Stryth; I hated the character and also having to deal with the Knights eventually after Rondak was gone).

2013... I also played Morgolta, chaotic evil drow invoker turned chaotic good. First tattooed character of mine (Myria's mark was on her), her element was fire. Tuston was able to convince me to turn Morgolta from a basic "kill anything which is weak" chaotic evil character into an actual character with a story. She became a General of Valour, but I don't think it counts when I was basically piggy-backing off of Balan lol. I deleted her soon after my 25th birthday in 2014, which was the day not attuning to your racial alignment now resulted in a permanent OUTCAST flag.

Finally, in 2014, I walked away after playing Solaine, a half-elf paladin (chaotic good) who worshipped Myria and managed to earn the Knight rank a bit early thanks to Ceridwel.

I came back recently after some adventures elsewhere, not surprised to note the lower player base but glad to see some familiar faces. I now have a Bachelor's Degree and am trying to work towards my Master's next fall after some misadventures like being hospitalized, having a bad marriage in another game (I role-played it out but it resulted in an actual divorce and long, drawn out argument which wasn't good for my health), and in general not feeling very good.

So that's enough of that! I still have an "annoying precise eye for detail", or you might even say a long-winded tongue.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

Welcome back! Have fun and don't take anything too seriously.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject:

Welcome friend!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject:

... SUP!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

You can now roll a squid necro too.

You're welcome.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Welcome back. Squid necro is hero class like vampire?

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:

yes, just like vamp

0 0 0
Dorimos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Well, I'll be damned. Lol Welcome back. If you are who I think you are, it has been a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject:

Yes, you probably knew me, Dorimos. I do recall Kaleb sort of watching Kaeralin, the two were like brother and sister... I do also recall some funny moments where Dydric would end up getting himself apprehended by Dhua or Varro (the best time was the two of them combined after Dydric threw himself at Dhua AGAIN and Varro was just around the corner).

But yeah, I'm back. I'm going to be back at my studies a week from Monday, but I may have some free time... We shall see.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:

Welcome back Widow and good luck in your studies! What are you taking?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject:

Dude, it's Kalist too.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Right? Guy shows up in the middle of everywhere.... <3 Kalist.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

@ Kalist: I'm going for a Master's in IT Management. Online classes, and I will probably try for some more original characters in my spare time. :D

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:

Awesome!

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

Not sure where else to put this update...

In AR, I have had a few characters since coming back. I have some active ones now too.

On the subject of academics... I changed majors from IT Management to Data Analytics... The four classes I already took will count as a minor or specialization of IT within a MS in Data Analytics. Currently taking one of two prerequisites (lower level classes); after that I only need eight classes to graduate (so ten in total, which puts my estimated graduation date somewhere in 2020).

I have also avoided additional hospitalizations, thankfully. 2017 was a nightmare...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: