Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

What's the hardest class to PK with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: What's the hardest class to PK with?

Just something a little different than the looking for best class to PK with. I think it would be fun and fruitful to experience to fight with classes hard to PK with. Because when you get to more melee based or mage-based class I think it gets easier.

So my vote for hardest class to PK with has to be (other than Healer) could be Psioncists. I know there are many who would dispute this but hopefully it will bring out a good response.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Invoker. They can't outdamage other classes round by round. They lack the series of maledictives that psionicists get to help them out. Only 1 defense meaning they'll probably take in more damage than they put out. A lot of prep and strategic planning. You'll never see a one-hit ko from invoker...

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject:

Gimped ass ninjas and thieves, specially the ninjas since they dont even get to steal crap.

Once you get to about 50 with a ninja, pk'ing is a bitch when all you can do is hope to land that lucky ass assassinate.

Hopfully with the changes to poisin there will be a little less gimpage.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject:

hardest: psionicist

runner up: vampire

mention: healer

though without race information, you can't really arbitrarily state what class is easy or hard to pk with (ie gnome warrior vs gnome ill)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject:

There's a class hard to pk with?

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject:

hmm true.

when i think of "class to pk with" i think "mass pk."

i suppose it all goes out the window when you consider the "perfectly planned, carefully laid out, and waiting to entrap your enemy-pk"

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject:

Invokers are like healers in that they have no lagging skills, no blinding skills, and no charmies to make dispel magic instantly fatal. However, they can deal out a large amount of damage quickly. Your opponent, even if generally skilled, can die from one or two mistakes. With a healer, you have to be an excellent tracker to finish any fight. Invokers make it a bit easier.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, invokers dealing that occasional *** damage through sanc and prot is always unexpected and often deadly. Healers don't dish out much damage, but they can still outlast anything -- dispel magic is really the only hope of killing a skilled healer.
I'm going with psi as the hardest to pk with, because they don't have the power hits invokers have or the tanking power of a healer.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject:

GodOfWar wrote:
Gimped ass ninjas

I will agree (And circle gets the square!)

Except thieves get dual backstab, and on aggregate, I'd have to say that this is far superior to assassinate.

Regardless, other than the lucky assassinate, ninjas basically blow.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject:

......... jeez. Ninja's get 6 attacks, dodge, parry, mals, blindness, and afflictive spells and a lag skill. THey get caltrap to gimp opponents and they get hide and invis for when they need to regroup. I don't see why people need to rely on the quick kill when there's so much potency to just drag out and ware out an opponent. Then add in the potential for 150 hp per tick with an additional 100 or so ever 6 ticks... and you're calling them gimped?.. Meh.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: