Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Something to ponder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieros

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject:

lol i love your response i am glad you don't respect people, you don't like the idea fine, but you do not have to insult in such a manner. I am giving you the respect by offering ideas, you don't like it at least respond in a manner to satisfy why these things cannot be done.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject:

kieros wrote:
if you rp well and you can hold your own, you should have a decent chance at getting to have an app class.

or the draw of the app classes are that they're for the creme de la creme.

And for the last statement about variety, why do you think that? Most people have moved on. Older players might swing by for a day or two, but a gimmick certainly isn't going to give them the same desire that they had at the height.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject:

so i figured out why we never get any good ideas implemented, and that's because no one can get along long enough and they argue at the drop of a pin instead of giving positive criticism.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject:

its what happens in any micro-environment where the most vocal and least moral begin to degrade everyone else as well. of course people are responsible for their own behavior, but people do start to behave like each other in prolonged exposure to their small group.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject:

or those of you with higher wis and int could just not join in the poo flinging...

("oh, but it's so much fun vanisse, stop raining on our parade!")

seriously though... i normally don't read many other forums but when i do i am simply astonished at the maturity and respect found elsewhere in comparison to here. if i was a newbie and directed to read forums here after coming from one of those forums, i'd run screaming in the opposite direction.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

I don't know if its just because I've been extremely busy, but the forums look like shit to me latelly. I haven't see anyone making a serious effort to appear intelligent - its just casual-speak and drooling "im gay" type stuff. Bring back monks! Really? Well, there's only one appropriate way to respond to that. And it isnt making the OP a monk warlord with vampire spells. Which reminds me, back in the day Pasha wanted monks to be allowed in warlords even though they can't even wield weapons. Fucking stupid.

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I do not understand how this continually happens on these forums, but my post was not to bring back a super monk. My post was to increase the application classes available to the general public. Of course monks would have to be tweaked and given some sort of disadvantage hence the reference to vampires ie not a good idea to fight during the day. I am using these examples because warlord and monks separately existed not too long ago. So rather than create a whole new race and class, why not use a previous idea that people had fun with, and just tone it down some how. I never said do it now (picture arnold saying that) simply could this be a fun possibility that seems like it could be done fairly quickly. I do understand that you have an outside life, and we probably do not understand how busy you are. But on the flip side, it would be nice to get a civil response or no response at all. It may be a hair brained idea, but at least its an idea and at least appreciate the fact that people here want to be here and want other people to play. Which is why I presented my idea in hopes of getting attention to this mud and ultimately more people playing it.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have made suggestions with the intent of generating other ideas from the masses and I was basically told to STFU. Not one of my suggestions involved a class or race that I had played and not one was for a single piece of benefit for myself. Questions as to why certain classes and races were simply not (or very rarely) played and things that might be done to change that were met with the usual resistance and then the typical flaming.

Dav has basically said it all, and I, for one, am appreciative of his candor. The mud is simply not a major priority for him, and who the hell can blame him. It is additional work for little (an overstatement) reward.

The mud simply is not going to change. Those who want it to, do what I do and give up on changes and be happy it is even up and running. Do not ask questions, do not campaign for change, and do not pass go.

To quote the Great Erlwith..."Enjoy it for what it is and not what it could be."

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Can we replace Great with Supreme please?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

You were told to shut up because your suggestions have sucked, not because of lack of interest. You may be overlooking the obvious, which is that your suggestion translates into an afternoon of sacrifice for me, and I am not going to waste perfectly good afternoons on crap ones. Its an effort//result trade-off. The state the mud is presently in is much different than it was a couple years ago, because of all the work we've done on it, and there isn't anything we introduced that was dry or dull, or even particularly "filler". We came along well and now we are on a plateau where we can afford to pick and choose ideas because the game is already substantially different from ROM and already living up to the expectations we have for it, and the kind of suggestions I read actually lead the game back in the wrong direction.

I was talking about me implementing my own ideas not these dogcrap ones that keep getting reposted.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat May 30, 2009 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

weapon ward should be nerfed. way too powerful.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Plus, if you're really that intent on getting changes implemented, I'm sure that coding prototypes for rom 2.4, submitting them to the imps, and letting them play around with it on a test realm is going to be much more productive than pouting about how you aren't being listened to.

$.02

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject:

Thieves should have hellstream.

Res is gay.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Res. How about a gay hellstream ,,, Viggs could cast his Thiefy Hellstream and then break out into a show tune and attempt to give any player near him a makeover ,,, Happy Endings would require some sort of Bring me something quest like bring me a Bed Bath and Beyond catalouge and a white wine spritzer ..btw Res is gay

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject:

Gay hellstream?

A rainbow hellstream!!

Baer, what do you think?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject:

A pretty unicorn's rainbow ===OBLITERATES=== you!

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject:

it's not that things need -change- it's just that altering some things or small random ideas with a reason to support it. like "oh i think since darkhaven protected can see other protected, then oathed people should be able to see valourian people --because-- if an evil pledged the oath and wants to fight a good, how does he know if it's ok or not? oath is sworn to eliminate attacking valourians, not good aligned people. so this way it would prevent becoming anathema since there is no way to tell..just an example/idea

also: the end result may end up negative or positive, but regardless of the outcome the person seems to get butthurt over no one thinking it's as good of an idea as the creator, the reason not be inputed is up to the imps knowing the game inside and out, and knowing whether or not it will impact too heavily..just my piece of mind aboot it

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I had this idea that would make everyone hate me but it makes sense to me. Fire giant kills halfling, takes his armor puts it on. How is it that it magically stretches out so that it can fit him? I suggest that armors should have to be taken to armories to be refitted to that specific races size.

-It would prevent the "drop all delete, log next char and wear" because the higher level an item is the more expensive it is to resize.

-Provides a more realistic component to the game

-I had another reason why but I forgot what it is... Feel free to flame away.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject:

wow..he didn't say pip! holy shit i think i finally got knocked up a peg!!

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject:

I think Dav is right.

Besides, the boy is busy flipping burgers at McDonalds and would rather come home and play w0w instead of code for a failing game. Like he said:

Quote:
The state the mud is presently in is much different than it was a couple years ago, because of all the work we've done on it -Dav

And you know Dav's ideas are always right cause he said it himself:

Quote:
The proof that this idea is dog shit lies in the fact that flies are crowding around it (Rem, Makhan) -Dav

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: