Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 16 hours.

assassinate/blackjack chance increase on login
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: assassinate/blackjack chance increase on login

What if when a character logs in, the chance to blackjack or assassinate that character doubles, triples, or even increased to 100% outright for a couple combat rounds?

Kato thought of this in chat after we reminisced about Ergorion's attempted on-login dunk of Morgolta that failed due to a whiffed blackjack.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I am 100% in support of this. The wow factor on this is awesome. I have sat in place at a logout point waiting for someone to log back in before, and I have had people do it to me. I think the idea is a great one.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject:

I remember that vividly. I tracked morgolta and saw the spot he logged out and waited hours maybe for him to log back it. It was in the sands of sorrow by the dragon.

Edit: I fully support this

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject:

Why limit to just thief and ninja....charge as well?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject:

Charge, pulverize, sleep.. it seems like a good plan to have this in place just to get those people who wimp out instead of just playing the damn game.

Fully support this.

I ... I see the future! Ninjas and thieves camping all the guilds of Serin!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

What the fuck is serin??

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Gameworld was renamed from Thera to Serin, don't you remember?

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I think he's being facetious...

Anyway, yes this is a good idea. Whoever came up with it is a smart cookie. It rustles my jimmies when people hoard forever and ever without PKing and can't be killed.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Ehh.. I don't know. Aren't there already higher success rates when both targets are calm? At least that is what it felt like when I was playing Arunore, giving even higher chances for rogues seems an easy button. I'd much more interested in the Thief pathways mentioned a year or so ago than to change the class before it's revamped again.. unless Ninja

Assassinate has moderate damage even when failed, and should probably be boosted if not already on sleeping targets, but that is the only scenario. It just seems like an easy button imo

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

That is chance to land on sleeping targets, not the damage output.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

This isn't something that affects regular rogue play. This is an idea that would let a rogue kill a hoarding healer by waiting in his logoff room for 8 hours, instead of putting in all that effort to see it fail yet again

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Except you're targeting all fresh logins, not just those hoarding healers. Having played a thief thoroughly I still think this is just unnecessary. because after blackjacked you still have to pry/steal. So with this change rogues are just running around blackjacking/one shotting people who are not hoarding and have no clue they are there, or those new who might be on their way to retrieve an item. It's just cheese to me, and unrealistic. If you're a true rogue, you'll get the job done without having this free pass, just my opinion.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I admire the situational use, but I think I'd rather see some kind of a bonus for a rogue hiding undetected in a room with someone for a period of time.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Quit...log back on...quit... log on.. quit...log on. quit..log on.
"If I do this enough at northsquare or another high traffic spot, then I'll eventually get some guaranteed blackjacks/assass!"
"Sure, I'll group with you". "That was a good round of medics. Lets go sleep outside the area."... rest off adrenaline... quit...log on.. YAY! I get 100% blackjacks/assass on my unsuspecting group mates!

Meh......Don't like the idea. Granted, I'm not a fan of those eq hoarding, never in pk, quitting out when a top 5 evil is on, type of guys. But this idea is not the fix to that. Not to mention nobody will be logging out in town anymore...much less their guildhalls. The forest in Seringale near the ranger guildhall will, however, become the new northsquare!!

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I interpreted the idea as being the guy who logs on is vulnerable, not a ninja logging on and off to get a bonus.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

thats how I read it too.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Also - a few rounds of combat bonus, for someone who logs in JUST then is hardly a long duration of time. You'd have to move really fast to get it off in time.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject:

or have a trigger, hooked up with a 'headshot' mp3.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject:

I think this idea is ultimately unworkable because it violates the core gameplay principle "never punish a player for logging in". I'm actually kind of surprised at the positive reception.

It seems like we'll need to come up with some new ways to make rogues feel more sneaky, ways for the player himself to be sneaky. This is really tough so if you guys get any ideas be sure to document them here so we can pull them up when we consider adding new rogue abilities.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:

I do think the timer to quit out should increase to about 15 mins or 20 mins if there are people in pk range.

Also I do not think uncabaled guys should have a place to give cabal items. If you want to fucking take an item, then join a Cabal if not then do not fuck with it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: