Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Why do Monk's need to have healing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: Why do Monk's need to have healing?

Thief/Shadow/Illusionist/Invoker/Berserker and Warrior have no way to heal themselves outside of sleeping/resting. Berserkers have a mini-super regen but it is no where near as affective as Monk healing. So my question is, why do monks need to have healing? Is it not a bit much for an already pretty dope class? Monks have acupuncture. That is all Shadows have, besides scrolls. That should be enough. Monks also are the strongest tanks in the game I have ever seen. If anything at all a monk should be able to convert some of his chii to healing but no where as much as it is now. Please Dav explain to me what you were thinking giving monks super strong healing.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject:

Let the record show. I was the first to say healing is OP.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject:

Sounds like someone just died to a monk.

1 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject:

If you stop a monk from healing its gg. That's why.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject:

They have healing so that they can restore lost hitpoints to themselves and their allies.

2 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject:

This entire game is based on running around and catching ticks, unless you are a Monk/Shaman/Healer, you can just beat your opponent down, go heal to full and finish them before they can even regen half of the amount of hp you can.

Dav you are going to figure this is bullshit when it is to late. I can not believe you sit on the sidelines while people keep letting you know this game is broken and do nothing about it. You said yourself you do not know how much longer Abandoned Realms has... seems you do not really care what we think anymore you kinda just do what you want.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

Well lets see, classes that can heal themselves or groupmates without using a scroll or staff to do so:

- monk
- healer
- shaman
- paladin
- bard
- ranger (herb)
- shadow
-dark-knight
- necro
- berserker
- warrior

Classes that can heal using consumables
- The rest

Great scott, its all the classes on the game! It must be broken.

Blow me.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

monk healing probably needs a nerf. it isn't the healing by itself as it is the healing combined with outrageous tanking ability. i keep trying to explain the concept of kits but it just goes in one ear and out the other. (ie you should not tank better than a warrior and heal near the efficiency of a healer in the same skill layout.)

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

Also I resent the comment that the game is broken. Far from it. Just because there are balance issues does not make the game broken. Every game on the planet has them. Every game has a wildly op class/fotm until it gets nerfed leaving room for the next fotm. The game is the furthest thing from broke. The only issue is davs unwillingness to except criticism if it isn't sugar coated/presented by one of his favs.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Lol how in the fuck would you consider berserk for a warrior as legit healing? It takes away 50 ac and slows your natural regen rate. You have to be high if you think that is even 1/10th as good as monk healing.

Dav I respect everything you do for the game but you are so blind to the fact that somethings are way to strong. Its whatever though man I am getting ready to make a huge transition in my life and video games are going on the back burner. So even if this does get fixed I will not be able to experience it.

0 2 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Why aren't you pwning everyone with a monk to show us how op it is?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I think the monk healing just went over your head. Sailed right over it and led monks into the promised land, where they have an aura of invincibiilty that defeats you. That's what happens when you make false assumptions about a system and don't fact check them.

The monks have the most cumbersome heal in the game and it is the ONLY preventable heal in the game. It is staggered instead of being given all at once. It requires them to stand still - literally, they can do nothing else without interrupting it - for six whole seconds to use. You cannot begin setting up another heal until your other heal has worn off, so that means in any given tick, a monk trying to spam heal must spend half of that tick not doing anything at all. It is not the kind of heal you can just cast 10 times then sleep ticks to get the mana back. It is extremely, and I do mean extremely, careless to try to spam that against an opponent who is not a slug. The only "pro" is the mana efficiency, which is arguable from a class that doesn't have trance or good mana/level.

You mentioned berserk - not only does it do almost same amount of healing as monk healing does, instantly, it also launches elemental damage at the opponent and buffs the warrior hit/dam. That is a very significant fact, one that for instance, forces invoker to mana shield vs warriors. That one is amazingly mana efficient and not spammable but if either of those statements were false, it would be bar none THE single beat heal in the game, and when you use it, if the occasion calls that you only needed to heal once anyway, then it IS. Also, berserk doesn't slow natural regen rate. Also, no class gets more hp from a tick than a warrior. A berserker sleeping by grim ward at level 50 can easily get 100 hp ticks. He can sleep tick, stand up and berserk and instantly gain 200 hp and giant hit/dam boost. That is bad ass. Don't discount berserk.

So why did ergorions monk beat lorne (berserker)? Its because Lorne was lagging hard and unable to roflstomp him. That's the only reason.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

The Lorne fight it looked like Lorne was trying to pull the grim ward regen trick you just said. Healing has changed since then so the regen between the two of us probably would have been closer. But I had a plenty of mana left at the end of that fight to keep slugging it out if I wanted/needed to.

I also don't necessarily believe the classic lag excuse. Because his in combat skills from the log we're going through at a normal rate. I think he intentionally chose to try to regen and got fucked by it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

It should be quite mana efficient because the opportunity is there for the guy your fighting to jump on you and prevent your heal after the mana has been already spent. So actually lag / slow player is a reason to win fights. This of course gets a bit ridiculous with the ford but beyond that, charge/dash are there for use

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject:

Ballz. I don't have time to roll another monk.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

remember dude that just because you could kick ass with something doesn't mean everyone else can

Look around at the other 50s and tell me their players would all be able to use monk healing as well as you think you would. Would you still charge them with a mino zerk and not give a fuck? Yes you would.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

3 monks in top 5. Monks are op.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

That is only because the pk stats just reset for the month and the rest of the players haven't logged in yet.

0 0 0
Vari

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure that Ergorion isn't stupid enough to actually be serious with his comment.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

So having seen this thread then making myself a monk to play around with I think that if you are one of the players that is complaining that healing on monks is overpowered you are seriously lacking on your tracking skills. The amount of time it takes healing to run it's full duration, making it so you can't move at all is about equivalent to fighting a shaman/healer/paladin and letting them move far enough away to cast/commune cure critical three or four times. It also is random so you're getting between a cure light and cure crit so you have to be lucky to get all cure crits. To summarize I think this is more of a lack of tracking skills then to heal being anywhere near op.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: