Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 18 hours.

Word of Recall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ok so +1 to scrying. it makes a little sense i guess but I kind of worried it'd be like making everybody into assassins, but if you have to be a certain class to efficiently make it, it does suddenly become a cool trade skill

do you want me to limit it to mystics to create / sell ? also, what are the objections, would being scryed occassionally make you not want to play AR (keep in mind we've had psis and assassin in the past who both did exactly this), i assume this would make uvet very scary, but you guys already die anyway so does that matter or would you think it'd be better to have the chance to scry her before she gets fully stacked?

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

If mystics get something like this, they need a cabal item too.

They already have a number of HUGELY PK-useful powers. Mystics are in this weird can-be-aggressive-but-not-too-aggressive gray area, with advantages and no drawbacks. I would be very opposed to giving them anything else, I think what they have might now might even be a bit much -- we've seen tons of mystic gear hoarding in the past, and that doesn't make anybody happy.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I really don't like the scry idea. The psi power never sat right with me and it seemed like assassins were cheating when they'd find you anywhere. If I'm overruled here, I'd like the scry only to be possible from one location like a crystal ball somewhere (not the Mystic Tower that's protected by Justice in Timaran).

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Just my two cents:

Recall is fine the way it is, as a swift escape. I feel that nerfing it will ultimately hurt the "less" skilled people(Such as myself) and/or newer players. Recall is essential for not getting steamrolled by the elite every time out and as has been said will cause most people to quit even trying to skirmish and quit out if they don't have a clear upper hand. Having just deleted a low hp character that relied on recall to not get three rounded repeatedly, it didn't take long to discover that skilled players could still track me even after recalling.

I don't think being able to scry is a good idea either. It would increase the lethality, again tipping the scales in the favor of the elite(who it is already extremely difficult to shake off.) They would instantly be able to find you and finish you off in a losing skirmish. It only takes about ten minutes to check every area in the game to find someone. With a scry skill you would never have a fighting chance against a better player and might as well just quit out.

I think both things would change the game entirely too much and while it would be the most fun for the veterans it would detract and discourage newcomers. If such changes were made I wouldn't instantly quit the game, but dying so often would take the fun out of the game for me and I would eventually become bored and leave. DYING SUCKS. I find it more acceptable dying while having a chance to survive with recall and being able to somewhat evade against obviously superior players or players who have a ridiculous gear advantage which seems to be the way things are currently. Dying to a lucky dispel or bad timing after fighting a number of skirmishes is more palatable then not having a chance at fleeing a losing skirmish and dying the instant someone with skill guns for you. Conversely I think it is more satisfying when you finally kill that person that has evaded you and skirmished you several times over a period of time.

#soapbox

2 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject:

gomer in this thead, just saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

also, the next time kato complains about recall, im just gonna link him this video to remind him about the thread

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

when kato complains about recall it sounds to me like "waah only a low double-digit percentage of the kills I try to get end up in me getting the kill, the rest of the time they run away" and I'm just like I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for you

0 0 0
gomerstyle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

Roflmfao Ok Dav you got me on that one, thanks for making me crack up that crap was funny as hell.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

hey I don't float ideas like this to improve my PK ratios - I was vocal a month ago about protection being silly and OP in certain contexts, and word nerf would actually kill my efficiency, I bet.

The fact remains that as the game has gotten bigger, recall has had a bit of a power creep. As long as we all acknowledge that it's happened and that it's what we want, fine by me.

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Too much time and thought put into something that needs no change at all.

2 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject:

all redeemed by getting gomer happy

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: