Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

How open are you to new ideas?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How open are you to new ideas?
AR is fine the way it is and shouldnt be changed.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Changes should only be made when necessary.
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Changes are fine as long as they are balanced and improve gameplay.
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
Game test everything!!! Bring on the chaos!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: How open are you to new ideas?

Theres been alot of interesting discussion about adding new game elements and i'd like to see how many people are in each camp.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject:

I'm fine with new ideas, so long as they're well thought out, and have only been posted when they can answer all the requisite questions. New ideas are fine, in and of themselves, but when people have "new" ideas that aren't new at all, or are just a paragraph explaining why this race/skill/class/spell is just "so fucking cool, omg it pwns, noobzor!"

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I sense a lot of hostility on this forum from people who had rejected ideas and take it as a personal insult. This hostility seems to be either directed at the other forum users for telling them it was a stupid idea or to the immortals for not coding it in withen a week - or both. And now we've just recently had two people banned because they took their hosility too far. Chill the hell out people.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject:

I voted for #3.

I've posted (and offered my opinion on) SEVERAL ideas, for races, classes, skills, etc.; none of them has ever gotten very far, with one or two having slightly more 'positive' than 'negative' critiques. So from a "creative" standpoint, I definitely welcome peoples' ideas and suggestions...

<caveat>

...within the guidelines of balance, 'fun factor' and gameplay improvement.

</caveat>

When suggestions are thrown out like buttons, especially from new players that haven't experienced enough of the game to make an 'educated suggestion,' that's when I have problems. Not because the ideas come from "n00bs/newbies," but because that usually MEANS that the ideas are unbalanced, unoriginal or pointless in the AR environment.

These ideas usually start with something like "I think it would be COOL if...", or "My old mud had <insert race/class/skill here>, so can the Imps code that in please?" Those "what if" ideas aren't the ones that generally are well-received, and unfortunately there's a large portion of the forum public that can't collect their manners long enough to give the obviously new player a decent explanation of "why" their idea doesn't work. Instead the poster is greeted with "YOU FUCKING IDIOT! THAT WON'T WORK," or "Stupid n00b, muds aren't for kids!"

Keep the ideas coming, always. They might not be accepted "as-is," but they could easily be the spark that someone else needs to flesh out a really great mud-changing suggestion.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject:

There are a couple of things that could be added to improve the game, but there are a few problems in it already to my knowledge only helpfiles, i'm sure they will add in religions and stuff when they have smoothed everything out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mind_Flayer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject:

*does a lil jig*
I can't wait for religions!!!
I'm afraid that once AR jumps to number 1 on mud connector that we will be flooded with a bunch of n00bs though,that will be painful

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: