Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

I agree that makes me a sad panda. I mean I'm all for killing the level 25 twink hoarders but do it right! Roll a DK and steam-roll them.

0 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject:

*sigh* That's not what I meant. It's seen for how I think you meant it, though. I laughed a little inside.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject:

"Honestly if I see a level 25 with a full titanium suit I would be thrilled. That means I can just roll up an invoker, offer to group, wait til he gets to low health and just hellstream him."

Invokers don't get hellstream until 38. Come on ottif what are you an uber n00b?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject:

I changed it to forgive first month only

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah digitaltext. Because people like ottif is waiting to backstab. So if i am the twinked hoarder, I'll never group with ppl and hoard the shit and face rape u at 25 till you delete. I would rather not rank then face a backstabbing bitch. So yeah, good luck trying to backstab. I learnt that lesson recently, so I'm never gonna party with level 50s that i dont trust ever again. So yeah ottif, backstab more and soon all evils find themselves stranded very soon. Lll.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

This has to be one of the funniest threads I have read. You guys are literally complaining about not having enough eq when no one fights anyway. It didn't matter if we had 50 people on, or 17 people. The same people hoard the same equipment. I can honestly say I have never left a titanium plate at the auction house, so how the fuck does a level 30 fire giant warrior get it. Well someone cheated obviously. This pbase is it's own worst enemy. The number of rares is never going to be enough and you have a million different ways to recreate the titanium full plate go gamble go forge and is the 2 dam really going to make a damn bit of difference if you suck monkey balls and get destroyed because u didn't wear saves or someone better than u just out murder flees you.

This whole thread is stupid, stop auctioning rares and stop cheating for your friends if you don't want some lvl 30 taking your precious full plate.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

there are 0 complaints logged about titanium fullplates being multied on the auction house so it didn't happen

0 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

@merlandox

Well, that's one way to look at it. Though I'd say turning on your group mates as an evil-aligned is perfectly fine. Even if you're not hoarding, it's within the scope of acceptable RP for such a thing to happen at the hands of an evil or even neutral-aligned char against a group mate.

My remark was about the idea of a player logged in as char abc seeing a shiny(s) on another char, then carrying over that IC knowledge into OOC and making it the original intent for rolling char xyz; who is supposed to be mutually exclusive to char abc. I had no names in mind, and ottif never said he still does it. It's not so much the action itself, it's the extant mindset that births the action that's depressing.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Auction house multi is something your non-immortal players will not be able to easily identify.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

lol this thread is funny. both sets of titanium tenor are on level 50s

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget to mention that both of the level 50s log minimum hours!

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Well yea Erg I think I was level 42 when i killed that hoarding vamp on my invoker by pretending to be a friendly drow and betraying him at the ideal moment.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Why would a vampire group with anyone in the first place? n00bs everywhere

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I will say it is annoying seeing a few chars, especially the ones in the top 10, that are decked, log on 3 days a month@6 hours a day....hardly ever ever fight anybody...might have 2 pk's in the past 3-4month... but at the end of the day are able to say "Hey, I have nice equipment!".
You've literally accomplished nothing with your char except power-log hours in 2-3 days a month, and hold on to equipment. I know, I know... well kill them and take their shit. Problem with that is, half of who I talk about logs out and avoids the fight, or I just do not see them at all due to their infrequent log on times. Three 6 hour log-ons a month out of 720 hours a month means a very, very low chance of even seeing them, much less killing them.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I like the rare system, because it is simple. Play X hours, lose rares. Any updates we make here should stay simple.

We have had lots of suggestions for changing rares. The one I personally liked was identifying the problem as one of "circulation". We had the idea that if rares had not circulated in a while, it would become "dormant" and ignored. The player would have to reactivate it with relics, but that would only be allowed if it was permissible for it to circulate. This would go off played X hours still but on the item itself being in the realms and not on the player

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

I've figured that the window for anything serious to come out of this thread has long since closed, and I have treated it as a joke since somewhere 2/3 of the way down page 1.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject:

There actually is an ongoing study on rares that I will update with whatever opinions we see in this thread.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

Make sure titanium full plate for everyone is on there. Seems to be a common theme.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject:

Ergorion, this is an ideas forum. This is for suggestions to improve the game. This is not a bog where ideas go to die. It will influence the shape of the game for sure. However, I have barely even had time to read the posts to decide a course of action yet and you have already derailed it. Fuck off idiot.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

nice.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: