Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Nyct already linked the list, it shows hours played for every toon, It is easy to copy and paste the people in question for each month. I am not butt hurt. I am just offering solutions to problems. I could care a little less if it makes you feel better. Dav is thinking of something I am sure! We will all see in the future, if it is worse than it is now, that is our own fault. I gather my own information for my own purposes. I think there is an underlying problem here, just waiting to see if there is a big enough band aid. In the end it all comes down to us doing whatever we want as long as we follow the process. Also I would love to fight you, on any toon of yours, but that would be against the rules to set up an OOC fight in game. Maybe when brawl day comes around, I'll whoop your little tight ass.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

that list just shows total hours played. for the month.it resets. you said you have a list you compiled. I want to see it. because I think your wrong on your argument. guess what I have 3 characters in the top 10 of that list. and about 7 in the top 30.

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Exactly prove my point. How much loot is 1 person really holding on to? People are too crazy. I mean its one thing to have fun and enjoy the game, some people just try to damn hard.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah except that I don't run from fights. I start them. and I'm always on.so what's the problem? come take them.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

You are a bit off topic. This is not about you and your Epeen. Calm down and stay on topic. You are obviously biased because you play so much and have so many toons with so many rares. IMO you are part of the problem not the solution.

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

not off topic. you said ppl hide from pk. I said who. you shrugged it off. so I said I'm the one with Rares you say I'm off topic.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Its not you. I am 110% sure of that. I know who it is. I am not going to call them out. I am saying they do exist. They know who they are. No one is afraid of you darling. Trust me on that one.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Beia's right. Everyone's scared of me. Not even a competition.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

upon extensive review, I have determined that nobody is hoarding except Grimjark

I think the best way to solve this problem is to make fun of him until he gets mad and makes a mistake

1 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

More like Grimjerk right?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

could make Rares have a minimum amount of pk adrenaline for the month.... like need 15 minutes of pk adrenaline accumulated to keep rares

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Interesting idea. I just have my fingers crossed for this one! If we see a change we see a change.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

Grimjark and Flydoria.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

I think we'll bump the rare limit but I'm not in a hurry to do it.

I think there is a new area incoming that has a bunch of rares in it

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Then you have level 30s logging minimum hours, AFKINg the entire time with gear like this.

<used as light> (Glowing) (Humming) a blackened crystal rose
<worn on finger> (Humming) 'Nezzruhziazan', the Band of the Tarantula
<worn on finger> (Glowing) an iron spider
<worn around neck> a dragonwing cloak of darkness
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a cat's eye neck pendant
<worn on head> (Magical) the dead star circlet
<worn on torso> a vest of dark satin
<worn on arms> (Glowing) (Humming) the Armbands of Order
<worn on hands> (Magical) (Glowing) (Humming) a pair of spiked light-steel gauntlets
<worn on legs> (Magical) reinforced golden greaves of perfection
<worn on feet> (Glowing) (Humming) some spider-climbing slippers
<worn about body> an unmoving black cloak
<worn about waist> (Magical) (Glowing) a superior silver girth of perfection
<worn around wrist> a wraith band
<worn around wrist> a wraith band
<wielded> (Magical) (Glowing) (Humming) a mace of the unholy spirits
<dual wielded> (Glowing) (Humming) a dark dagger of voodoo
<floating nearby> (Humming) a voodoo doll

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I think we need to at LEAST make all that end game gear restricted to level 50. If a low level logs off with it, poof it recycles. Where is the incentive to enjoy some of the most bad ass features AR has to offer, when all the good gear you can get from it is hoarded by a low level player you can't even attack? Lack of incentive = less intrest in playing = lower player base = no one around to help and entice newbies when they log on. So in theory this shit is killing the game.

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Restricted levels on rares was one of the worst changes thrown into AR in the last few years, it did not last long before it was reversed. I would hate to kill that level 30 who is hoarding and not be able to loot them. There must be another solution besides restrictions. You also must throw blame on the ones who helped equip that stale warrior.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Both level restriction and loot restrictions have failed in the past. I'm curious what kind of creative solutions we can come up with as a community. I don't know how to prevent people from being excessively boring in their eq stasis characters.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Level restrictions on gear that requires a group to go obtain, Like everything in winter, Redhorn, Battlezone... All the RED zones on the map should have restricted equipment. The Armbands of Order, one of the hardest and rarest things to obtain in this game should not be on a level 30. I will stick with my proposal, all HIGH END equipment should be auto purged from anyone that is not level 50. The only people who are not going to agree with this are the people who have lowbies with bad ass level 50 gear.

The last time this topic got brought up, it got derailed by the sacrifice items for relics/cabal currency. That obviously has not fixed the problem, it was a great addition but did not fix the problem.

Another idea would be .... Some High end items do not last through the monthly reboot, regardless of anything. So for instance, Orders equipment would not last through the monthly reboot, no matter who has them. They would have to be obtained to use them during the month. This could work with different UNIQUE weapons also, some of them could be requestable armor or weapons. Or even a shorter timer, like The Band of Destruction, only lasts for 15 days, then it turns into a broken band of destruction or something.

Last edited by beia on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I disagree with restricting the high level shit to level 50 only because that penalizes the level 42 elf paladin who might score a kill against a level 50.

I think if there is a solution to this it'll definitely have to have a lot of input from a bunch of different people.

If the main problem is people with super good eq don't fight and just log minimum hours to make sure they don't get purged, why are they even playing? I don't mean this in a condescending sense. I mean this in the sense that I come from a completely different mindset (if I have eq, I'm going to put it to use and try to roll some n00bs). I don't understand the mindset of having the best gear in the game just to jerk of to star damage as you run through the mines on repeat and stockpile 1,000,000,000 gold.

There could also be the support character. Someone who doesn't want to pk or risk pk and lose their rares, but does use that l33t eq in winter raids so that others can get some nice shinies if they're in.

What makes this situation so tricky is that if you choose to penalize a certain type of player, there will be overlap that affects a different type of player.

1 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: