Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

Who started the Deiminos war?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who started the Deiminos war? (Otherwise known as the Justice war)
[KNIGHT] Ssrthak Xibiullo
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
[LEGION] Kragon Anghar
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
[NEWBIE] Fatticus Fatsus
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Wasn't around for the Justice war
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Who started the Deiminos war?

Let's see what people think...

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Justice Knight war origins
----------------------------
"The war was started over a simple matter of a petty criminal Ssrthak. One night Ssrthak and Sosolito assaulted Drengar under the cover of the night, slew him and took all of his items, armor and weapons. He was then issued a flag for breaking the law. Three justices hunted the coward who endlessly hide within Thera. They found the criminal and attacked him, before they could land the killing blow Ssrthak ate a spotted purple pill and teleported to Winter. Deiminos felt that he did this as a last resort to suicide and retrieve his items from the pit. Ssrthak then continued to ask Drengar to watch the pit for his items so nothing was taken from bystanders. Jezikapine, Drengar, and Deiminos sat at the pit with special guards, ready to loot the criminal's corpse. Ssrthak was beyond determined to keep his things, he did not stop trying to obtain all his things from the pit. Deiminos made a valid point and figured that a criminal should not be able to just teleport, die, and then ask
Justices to protect all their things.

Deiminos went to outside south gate, closed it and summoned Ssrthak away from his pit. Deiminos would not let Ssrthak through the gate, and kept it shut with a firm grip. Ssrthak was no match for Deiminos and was forced to take the river back into town to hopefully get back to the pit, soon as he entered town Deiminos summoned him again hindering all progression towards the pit.

Finally Ssrthak began to cry a chorus of anguish with such words such as... 'Deiminos, stop.' 'Deiminos they are breaking the law.' 'Stop, stop!'"
If you want the rest, you can buy it from a Herald Twisted Evil

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject:

Why would someone say eating a purple spotted pill is suicide when you're otherwise faced with certain death? The last 20 times I've used teleport I've come out safe. I think a 90% chance of escaping death (using teleport) is far less suicide than staying there just to die.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject:

Was this before summoning citizens became fineable?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject:

The truth is that Kragon announced the first declaration of war against Justice, sending a note to every cabal and rogue 50 except Justice and Herald saying that the strength and corruption of the Justices present were strangling the life out of Thera and urged all to join him in his war.

Ssrthak responded saying that he would never ally himself with the Legion, but said nothing about whether or not he would fight alongside us against Justice.

Warmaster Occanim replied saying that he enjoyed the order Justice provided, and thus would side with Justice in this matter.

This basically left Kragon to wage his war alone with some help from other Legions and certain rogue 50s, the only one I can remember now is Gorulk, who eventually got outlawed. The legions involved included Azaran, Groq, Kragon, Laronea, Narenthyl, Triliwyn, Isarith, Britck, Vashious, Karidan, Leightein, Katriena, and Vieras.

About a week or two later after Kragon's note, Ssrthak announced his own declaration of war, except Ssrthak sent it to Justices as well, who promptly outlawed him and every other Knight, including lowbies, without actually giving out an (OUTLAW) flag.

After this, Knights began to turn their attention to Justices, and often left legions alone, though we had a few scuffles here and there.

Occanim and his warlords were mostly neutral, mainly because the few times he intervened, he got relentlessly gangbanged by multiple Knights.

Sometime later, Deiminos was granted the title Executioner of Infidels while Jeradan managed to figure out how to give (OUTLAW) flags.

Shortly after dying to Azmoroth in the "gimp illusionist vs immortal drow shaman" log on the late network54 logboard, Kragon deleted and was followed by Karidan.

Sometime shortly after Karidan was inducted, Davairus proclaimed that we would side with Justice and turn against the Knights, and offered Jeradan a treaty. Jeradan accepted the treaty and we continued to slap around the Knights with Deiminos, Drengar, Argoris, Aquilathon, and some others.

After Legion had enough fun gangbanging Knights, Davairus decided to turn against Justice again. All the legions one by one started breaking the treaty and resuming hostilities vs Justices, but Deiminos never realized it was by a decree from Davairus, and assumed those legions to be renegades. Davairus by this time had also announced his famous 'Kill Deiminos Alone and be Forsaken' reward. Karidan was the last one to continue feigning an alliance with Justice, and tried to take advantage of it in D'al Kadar when he attacked Deiminos in Gorylon's laboratory when they were trying to get a zombie. After taking a beating from a blackened bone, Deiminos manages to pass door and word to town, after which a short battlement run occured with Karidan getting flagged in the process and died soon after. Since his triton continued to fight Deiminos after Karidan's death, Deiminos was very hurt when Karidan got back all his stuff, and quickly unghosted after some heals and attacked Deiminos again. This resulted in a quick death for Karidan, with Deiminos still quite alive.

Soon after, Katriena manages to kill Deiminos afk and becomes Forsaken.

After that, everything starts going downhill, but with some luck, Deiminos suddenly manages to condeath himself and the war is pretty much called to a close.

Last edited by b00mslang on Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject:

* pretty interesting history from your point of view. i have to say ssrthak actually cast the first stone in the war after involving justice in his declaration of war, though kragon may have had the first idea before him. though at the time, the idea was pretty much shrugged off because there weren't enough people mad at justice. when ssrthak blew his lid and kragon was already pushing for it (and justices not "pushing" for a war but certainly ready for one), i guess the war was inevitable.

* forgot to point out ssrthak con-died and the war was pretty much over.

* "Sometime later, Deiminos was granted the title Executioner of Infidels while Jeradan managed to figure out how to give (OUTLAW) flags.
" ~ that sentence put a lot of suspense into your little story haha.. get ready for the stand off between the executioners and the outlaws !! when i read that it made me go 'damn, that was a really fun time.'

0 0 0
Bigbeans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject:

I ended the war! Wink Got the final kill on Deiminos and Ssrthak on like the same day or something. Although it never was really a war in Legion's part more or less just annoyed.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah, i was in warlords, but in kansas at the time right after the beginning so i missed the whole thing, it is a pretty interesting story, it actually might sell well if a certain herald would write it up, a good idea eh torkalen?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Warlods didn't take an active role because Taurth and Rylek were very much against it. Warlords siding with Justice was Davairus' idea, not Occanim's anyway.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
certain rogue 50s, the only one I can remember now is Gorulk, who eventually got outcasted

Gorulk, my failed attempt at a decent fire giant warrior, was (OUTLAW)ed, not outcasted. I actually just ended up deleting him finally, pretty soon after the war was over. He hung regularly with Legions during the war, and scored several Knight kills and a couple of Justice kills during that time (along with getting Deiminos and Drengar demoted temporarily, but that's a different story).

I still had Sebryn at the time, and I actually compiled all the shit-talking notes between Knights and Justice (and Warlords) into a book, which I was selling for ~10k a copy. Jeradan actually made me a custom earring for creating the book, which didn't really cover the war as well as it could've but at least gave a rough following of the escalation of events... threats made on each side, etc. I wish it would've been coded into the game and made available for sale to the Heralds, it was kinda neat.

The general consensus among the Heralds at the time (and from what we gathered, it was also the popular opinion) was that Ssrthak's proclamation was what had sparked the war, with the Legions taking it as an opportunity to go gangbang-heavy on both sides. Then everybody viewed the whole thing as strange, since the Warlords jumped in on the side of the Justices, and it was looked at as:

KNIGHTS and LEGION - vs. - JUSTICE and WARLORDS

Knights AND Legion?!? On the same side?!? It all seemed strange, but as b00mslang pointed out, they still had their run-ins... it just seemed that it was more of the "let's see who gets killed and then attack whoever's left" approach from the Legions at that point.

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject:

At the time of Ssrthak's note, there was no Executor of Valour. Decisions were made by vote of the Guardians. When Ssrthak sent his note, he said he was voting for war. It was actually Jeradan who started the war by accepting Ssrthak's vote as a declaration. This is a fact, not a poll question. On the other hand, no guardians or other knights protested that a vote had not been taken, so it wasn't like they were unwilling to have such a war. It was fun.

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject:

[ 16] [KNIGHT] Ssrthak: War.
Sat Apr 24 17:52:32 2004
To: Knight Justice Herald Legion Warlord
I vote to bring Justices and Knights to war. If they will not follow the
laws they are supposed to uphold than I will not ever follow laws. I right
to all because I would have all know. Once before Deimions broke the law
and recieved only a minor punishment, if I were to slay a light walker I
would be cast out of the light. He is simply slain a few times and demoted,
a light punishment compared to a life time of being hunted. If they cannot
do their job how they are supposed to do, they do not deserve the title.
Ssrthak.

<100% 82% 100% 7pm>

The night has begun.

<100% 84% 100% 8pm>

[KNIGHT] Holy Knight: 'Alert! Deiminos has intruded upon our cabal!'

<100% 84% 100% 8pm>
[ 17] DEM [JUSTICE] Jeradan: Knight Corpses.
Sun Apr 25 00:46:31 2004
To: Justice Warlord Knight Legion Herald Immortal
I will humor Ssrthak and his petty declaration of war. Do not be
surprised if you find an increase of Knight corpses scattered across Thera.
It is surprising, however, that a Knight would call upon the assistance of
others in their cabal matters, including the Legion. He does not directly
say so, but be assured, this is what his intentions are. Honor? Virtue?
Have they been thrown away in the midst of hate and anger? I will indeed
expect his reply, if he chooses to do so, to have many spiteful messages.
This is indeed most expected, however it is not the intention of this
message to you. Let it be known that for the duration of this silly war,
that the Knights are not protected by the law. This is a message of both
opportunity and warning. If you decide to back with the Knights, then your
outcome will be the same. There will be nothing but pain on the side of
chaos and this so called quest for "goodness".

Jeradan, Eternal Advocate of Order

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject:

If I recall correctly, the whole war started with a deviation from standard justice policies. In effect, there was no way to seek retribution on Deiminos and Drengar's Gangbanging (it happened to Gnome Heralds Sad). When an outlet was given to release some of this supressed anger (Ssrthak's note and Jeradan's acceptance), nearly everyone who 50 jumped on it. The turbulence that accompanied war was set well before any formal declarations were in place due to resentment felt on the part of the player and not the character.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject:

I thought Ssrthak started the war because he got killed or something. At the time if I knew it was a vote I would have written a lengthy response voting for NO war with justice. As said before, Knights just did not have the skill or manpower to take on justice. I was around for a bunch of fights early in the war but got tired of the 1v2 or 1v3 fights that more often then not ended in a naked elf thanks to chain bash. After a few of those I just lost all heart for a war that I never wanted to take a part of.

Looking at that note though, it can be taken either as a decleration or a suggestion. He should have said 'I propose..etc...etc...and would call upon other high ranking officials of other sects to cast votes..etc..etc'. Guess Jeradan just took it as a decleration...and made Knights pay for it.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:

Well you KNOW that the Imms were looking for some action. They certainly got it too.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject:

i'm glad kalist wasn't on my side, or i woulda been short one man! :)

our side was pumped up and ready to go. and people wanted the war pretty much because the evils in justice at the time were pretty much bastards.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

I could've swore only Louis was a bastard. I never saw Drengar carry on the war by himself.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject:

Animosity was immense at the time against Deiminos (& Drengar). I'll give my vote to Ssrthak for igniting the spark.

There were several battles in which I participated where Knights and Legion allied against Justice which involved not just casual parallel attacks but planned and coordinated assaults. I was quite happy myself about the entire matter. It was rather unfortunate that events in my personal life (a month of exams and then a busy summer) left me no choice but to decide to delete and quit AR permanently on my next death at one point, which came very shortly thereafter in a massive assault on the Justice cabal grounds (I got 2-rounded: dispel and full zombie/overseer assist.. it was pretty hilarious in retrospect), so I never got to see the end of the war. I've been AR-free for six months now, which is sadly only my third longest sabbatical. :-/

I have to say, though, that I enjoyed the Knight vs. Legion war undertaken some time previous more (I was a Knight for that one).

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Well if you ask me. At the time I was Guardian alongside Liatran and Ssrthak. For the most part we were the only ones in knights really part of the war. It wasn't until we thought we could get a few more to get more fire power. But instead the whole Outlaw thing came in and screwed the lowbies from ranking up.
But who or what really started the war? Well I would see quite a good number of notes from Ssrthak that Deiminos and his bitch were always trying to bang him the moment he left town. And on several occassions he did die to the panzies. From there Ssrthak wrote his vote note, of which I voted for and Liatran was no, but since Ssrthak and I were on primarily we pushed forward for the war. I can't remember but I sorta sided with Legion to fight Louis. Several times I think we all fought Deiminos near the legion keep. Then there would be Drengar who would ran his ass off the moment Deiminos left.
And of course this was a justice won war because of all the new things they were given. At that time Knights didn't have a leader (mortal/immortal). Pushed forward for one but Dav never did it. So all the other cabals were getting skills and stuff for the war and Knights were just sitting ducks. Only way we really won some fights were just from plain bangs with me and Ssrthak vs anyone we saw. The good ol days of Knighthood, that is until I got outcasted...lol. What was the reason again?
I forgot but its something stupid.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject:

i've been in an unofficial war against justice when i was in knights. it was a lot of fun and we ruled over them for a time.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: