Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

Sliths

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Add more class options for Silths?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Who cares?
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Doesn't matter, Sliths RULE anyways!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

theLearner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Sliths

Shouldn't Sliths be able to choose from more classes? There's a monk Slith, why not a ninja? Sliths are known for being mercs. so wouldn't they have a more diverse field of profession than just warrior, ranger, monk?

I could see thief, ninja, berserker, and maybe Dark-Knight being added.......

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Could you honestly see a really big snake, with a really big tail.. probably with a very nasty snake smell hiding in the shadows? Heh.. okay.. if you can invision that.. I have this giant thief idea I want to sell to you.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I think the reason that sliths are so limited in the classes that they can choose from is not from a rp basis but a gameplay basis. A slith thief or ninja would be overpowered and unbalance gameplay. Even though AR is known to be a rp/pk mud, it's still more pk oriented and always will be. Need to balance the equation first before adding any more options to it.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Sliths were orginally intended to be a warrior only class, just like werebeasts were intented to be ranger only and minotaur, berserker only. If sliths were to become dks,ninjas, thieves etc I could well imagine them putting avians out of business. All of the classes mentioned above can learn scrolls for flight and sliths have higher str,same dex,higher con with no vul plus a few race abilities.

A slith thief for example would be overpowered with high dex for backstabbing, high strength for stealing, high con for hp and shed skin for a nice circle stabbing action while fighting solo. With advantages and stats like that, a slith thief would render most, if not all, other thief races obsolute.

We want a balanced list of races to choose from all of which have their individual pros and cons. Not one almighty race that becames an automatic choice for power players.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We want a balanced list of races ... Not one almighty race

Then get rid of gnomes... those bastards are waaay too powerful to be allowed to stay... Twisted Evil

On a different note... anybody wanna take bets as to how long it's gonna be before Dav moves this thread to the correct "polls" section? *cackle*

0 0 0
theLearner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject:

Even just adding berserker though........ Sliths need more. But I can see the point on the thief. Whats wrong with klnocking Avians from their posts?..... I wouldn't mind it.....

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject:

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
Could you honestly see a really big snake, with a really big tail.. probably with a very nasty snake smell hiding in the shadows? Heh.. okay.. if you can invision that.. I have this giant thief idea I want to sell to you.

Dern you! Sliths are not snakes! Whenever you say that I think Trogdor! Gah! I usually think sliths as being bipedal lizards, hunched over, and with a tail. Just because they can unhinge their jaws doesn't make them snake-like! And I've always taken that as an insult to my characters when someone calls me a snake, or a reptile, or something stupid. It's quite fun getting worked up over it. But who am I, the lowly noob, to spout such random passages? *thinks*
Exclamation
Syn has taken over my brain! AAAAAAAAH!
Sebryn wrote:
Quote:

We want a balanced list of races ... Not one almighty race

Then get rid of gnomes... those bastards are waaay too powerful to be allowed to stay...

On a different note... anybody wanna take bets as to how long it's gonna be before Dav moves this thread to the correct "polls" section? *cackle*

I think Dav's dead. This is still here.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Heh... not anymore...

Oh, and the snake/lizard thing...

When you think 'slith,' think 'Lizard Man' from Soul Calibur.

Last edited by Sebryn on Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Or Iksar, from Everquest.

:cough:

0 0 0
Tsabo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject:

that is if you take evercrack

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dern you! Sliths are not snakes! Whenever you say that I think Trogdor! Gah! I usually think sliths as being bipedal lizards, hunched over, and with a tail. Just because they can unhinge their jaws doesn't make them snake-like! And I've always taken that as an insult to my characters when someone calls me a snake, or a reptile, or something stupid.

First of all, it was to emphasize a point Shade. Second of all
Quote:
or something stupid
Fuck You Too.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject:

Sounds like someone got ass raped this morning...Sheesh. Never heard the hampster be so blunt. Usualy he dances a bit more...

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
Quote:
Dern you! Sliths are not snakes! Whenever you say that I think Trogdor! Gah! I usually think sliths as being bipedal lizards, hunched over, and with a tail. Just because they can unhinge their jaws doesn't make them snake-like! And I've always taken that as an insult to my characters when someone calls me a snake, or a reptile, or something stupid.

First of all, it was to emphasize a point Shade. Second of all
Quote:
or something stupid
Fuck You Too.

Read the post right. I was talking about people calling my character names. You almost sound like a corporate lawyer.
And most of your points do not need emphasizing. They give me a headache as it is.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject:

Shade...just back off from the hampster. I am going to get the ass end of this if you piss him off too bad. Leave him be. ANd...type the post right you tard. You called his name for sliths stupid...Him being within the bounds of what you were calling stupid. So...

Fuck you too. Bwahhaha!

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject:

sweet_canadian_mullet wrote:
Shade...just back off from the hampster. I am going to get the ass end of this if you piss him off too bad. Leave him be. ANd...type the post right you tard. You called his name for sliths stupid...Him being within the bounds of what you were calling stupid. So...

Fuck you too. Bwahhaha!

And yet you try to flame others...
I will back off the hampster.
But you are still probably going to get the ass-end of this anyways. You have a tendency to attract certain things like that Laughing The first one that somes to mind is... Matrix.
--EDIT--
New theory!
The hampster is taking a grudge out on me because Syn infected my brain on that one post that I made.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I say put back all the unique races' class selections.

Slith - Warrior
Beast - Ranger
Minotaur - Berserker

It makes them more rare and interesting characters.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Shade I find flaming fun...I enjoy watching other people for their faults and getting on their nerves...And in return I would hope they would fire back a bit. But the hampster is a different story. He either doesnt flame or he goes off big time. I will give you an example.

I was about 14...and bein a prick. And the hampster did absolutely nothing but sooner or later...I got under the skin. So he bodyslammed me. And I shut up. So its an all or nothing kinda thing. Not only will you be daft by the ridiculous assanine comments he throws...But you will be crying for a week and me and his g/f will get his ass attitude. So do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. Flame at me. I will flame back.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Yea, mullet, you piece of crap, we don't care about your personal life (your dates w/ your bro and his g/f) or personal interactions. Evil or Very Mad But back to sliths, they're cool, but AR needs more gnomes.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject:

Word.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject:

sweet_canadian_mullet wrote:
Word.

I didn't do much to piss the hampster off, though.
I hardly ever flame, but I love flaming flamers that love to get flamed by flaming flamers that flame.
There's a couple IQ points lost for ya.
And while they are being restored: GNOMES SUCK! Ooooh yeah. I said it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: