Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Q3 2023 Strythowe'en Patch: Bring on the Boos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

Wow team, that's an amazing update. Thanks!

0 0 0
Scrynor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Dav, could you clarify what "roll vs int" means? I don't fully understand the illusionist notes. Especially dreamstruck.

Also, is your posted dupe level formula correct? As written that would mean at level 50 they are always 50 regardless of hit roll?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject:

scrynor, higher int makes it easier to connect, but your victims int makes it more likely to miss, you have to roll to find out who got lucky. It is like a save, but very basic. I'll be updating helpfiles this weekend so I can check the dupes hitroll formula then and put it inside that.

1 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

holy shit what a shake up! Love the bard changes and even more depth to the necromancer!

0 0 0
deioped

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject:

[quote]*Pixie losing pixie things for choosing religion will now only lose their racial stuff if they tattoo AND are not religion overlord.[/quote]

What's a religion overlord?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:39 am    Post subject:

I'm just pumped for Kento to roll a bard and kick ass. Maybe I'm wrong, though, who reallyh knows.

1 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:21 am    Post subject:

deioped, that is the deity's favored, their chosen mortal. Their left hand on Serin essentially. The highest you can get in religion, iirc.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Religion overlord to my understanding is the "default" religion, e.g. what you get before any initiation or pledges. Seeing as many people sacrifice to "The Overlord" by default, that makes the most sense to me.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Can't edit, but what Andrael is talking about would actually be the adept. According to the help files, they're actually capable of outcasting people within the religion...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

So the pixie thing would probably be more understandable if you first understand why the pixies are "religionless". That is because they are predisposed members of the emerald forest grand-pooh ba's cult. if you've done your homework, meaning ever been to emerald forest and read his desc, you will have realized that he (grand pooh-ba) is not actually a deity at all but rather a charismatic dirty old man type, with a fondness for all the nymphs. More info about the poobah that this is parodying if you want it can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Poobah .. but all we need to take away from that is that pixies depend on a close connection to that society to do pixie magic.

Right now, if you have a pixie character, you will find it has a glittery mark similar to a tattoo. That is needed for pixie powers. Previously the game required your religion to be kept as "The Overlord" for pixie powers, but now it just looks for that mark instead. That is not to be confused with the game overlords that are killed to level up. It says the overlord because that is the default religion string, as in, what you start out with if you hadn't picked one (i.e. "religionless"). "The Overlord" just refers to Stryth, whose title was "the Overlord of Thera", but the entity that matters is the grand pooh-ba.

TLDR: you have pixie powers until you get a tattoo, and a religion tattoo cannot be obtained until you visit the Grand Pooh-Ba and renounce yourself from pixie society to remove the pixie mark.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:28 am    Post subject:

That is some DMT level stuff there.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that is quite the update patch.. Thanks for the hard work guys. That new flee-murder thing doesn't sound right. If I'm getting my butt kicked, and I flee, and have to pass back by my opponent, he gets a free "hold you up" in the form of "continuing round"? Am I understanding this correctly? Sometimes you time those flees while your opponent is lagged from whatever spell/skill they just used. Giving you that moment to get by them.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject:

@xenyar just wait for them to enter the room you're in and run past.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

the point about lag is decent but if theyr lagged just let the 3 seconda expire, actually.. i am sure youd quickly get a feel for that because most lag is for six seconds

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Waiting out 3 seconds means your losing 3 seconds worth of space. That's crucial for monks/clercis/hybrid healing, mages that depend on energy scrolls or vamp touch, or while you're trying to get enough space to have time to recall. This change might favor heavy hitters more than those who lean on attrition. I'll have to get some experience with it to get a more informed opinion.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject:

Helpfiles are updated, just yell at me if I missed something. I'm concerned that we have not put stuff from the last few patches into a prominent enough place that it can actually be found.

As for the walking back into combat, depending on the timing. That was tested the most out of any change and I saw the testers go from an initial reaction like "wtf..." to "please dont ever change anything about this" pretty quickly during testing. Now it is in a wider audience it gets another level of scrutiny but initial feedback was more than positive. If/when we establish general approval of the concept then we can further consider what new gameplay elements should belong around that. Its important to remember that only player characters can re-initiate - not charmies, for now.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject:

someone's been busy, game seems almost playable again though!

0 1
boo,
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject:

not surprised to see Xenyar the #1 recall abuser being salty tho

0 0 3
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure you're smarter than you lead on...at least I hope so. If you actually read what I posted, you'll see I'm not complaining about recall. I was bringing up concerns about spacing for those that lean on attrition in the scenario Dav and I were discussing.

The recall lag is going to help me more than it's going to hurt me. I currently don't have any concerns about that change.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Neat update, I'm motivated to roll something now.

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: