Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

The motivation assessment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theobserver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: The motivation assessment

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/assess/mot_survey1.php

This is a MMORPG personality test kind of quiz, a bit like the KEAS thing we posted about a while back. Only its kinda different. It'll take about 10 mins to complete. Post your results!
(Orginally posted by Davairus)

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject:

"Your Achievement percentile rank is 96%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 6%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 89%."

Man, and I thought I actually was somewhat sociable.

Turns out I'm a sociopath.

Good times.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject:

Advancement-76%
Mechanics-2%
Competition-86%
Chat-23%
Relate-28%
Teamwork-99%
Discovery-0%
Roleplaying-99%
Custimization-5%
Escapism-1%
Achievment-46%
Socializing-65%
Immersion-2%

Wow
I dont even know what half those words mean lol
I didnt really think I was that good of a team person Confused

0 0 0
Nuonorp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject:

Haha, this is the second time that I've taken this, and I think it's trying to tell me something:

Advancement: Gamers who score high on this subcomponent derive satisfaction from reaching goals, leveling quickly and accumulating in-game resources such as gold. They enjoy making constant progress and gaining power in the forms offered by the game - combat prowess, social recognition, or financial/industrial superiority. Gamers who score high on this subcomponent are typically drawn to serious, hard-core guilds that can facilitate their advancement. Your percentile rank is 51% on this subcomponent.
Mechanics: Gamers who score high on Mechanics derive satisfaction from analyzing and understanding the underlying numerical mechanics of the system. For example, they may be interested in calculating the precise damage difference between dual-wielding one-handed swords vs. using a two-handed sword, or figuring out the resolution order of dodges, misses, and evasions. Their goal in understanding the underlying system is typically to facilitate templating or optimizing a character that excels in a particular domain. Your percentile rank is 4% on this subcomponent.

Competition: Gamers who score high on this subcomponent enjoy the rush and experience of competing with other gamers on the battlefield or economy. This includes both fair, constrained challenges - such as dueling or structured PvP/RvR, as well as unprovoked acts - such as scamming or griefing. Gamers who score high on this subcomponent enjoy the power of beating or dominating other players. Your percentile rank is 29% on this subcomponent.
Chat: Gamers who score high on this subcomponent enjoy meeting and getting to know other gamers. They like to chit-chat and gossip with other players as well as helping out others in general - whether these be less-experienced players or existing friends. Gamers who score high on this subcomponent are typically drawn to casual, friendly guilds. Your percentile rank is 8% on this subcomponent.
Relate: Gamers who score high on this subcomponent are looking to form sustained, meaningful relationships with others. They do not mind having personal and meaningful conversations with others that touch on RL issues or problems. They typically seek out close online friends when they need support and give support when others are dealing with RL crises or problems. Your percentile rank is 15% on this subcomponent.
Teamwork: Gamers who score high on Teamwork enjoy working and collaborating with others. They would rather group than solo, and derive more satisfaction from group achievements than from individual achievements. Gamers who score low on this subcomponent prefer to solo and find it extremely important to be self-sufficient and not have to rely on other gamers. They typically group only when it is absolutely necessary. Your percentile rank is 40% on this subcomponent.

Discovery: Players who score high on Discovery enjoy exploring the world and discovering locations, quests or artifacts that others may not know about. They enjoy traveling just to see different parts of the world as well as investigating physical locations (such as dungeons and caves). They enjoy collecting information, artifacts or trinkets that few others have. Your percentile rank is 5% on this subcomponent.

Role-Playing: Players who score high on Role-Playing enjoy being immersed in a story through the eyes of a character that they designed. These players typically take time to read or understand the back-story of the world as well as taking time to create a history and story for their characters. Also, they enjoy role-playing their characters as a way of integrating their character into the larger ongoing story of the world. Your percentile rank is 67% on this subcomponent.

Customization: Players who score high on this subcomponent enjoy customizing the appearance of their characters. It is very important to them that their character has a unique style or appearance. They like it when games offer a breadth of customization options and take time to make sure that their character has a coherent color scheme and style. Your percentile rank is 9% on this subcomponent.

Escapism: Gamers who score high on Escapism use the environment as a place to relax or relieve their stress from the real world. These players may use the game as a way to avoid thinking about their RL problems or in general as a way to escape RL. Your percentile rank is 9% on this subcomponent.

Your Achievement percentile rank is 21%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 10%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 10%.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject:

Dude that has to be the worst score in the history of all time.

If that happens to offend you, I didnt mean it, just need to get my posts up Very Happy

0 0 0
Nuonorp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject:

Haha, I know. The last time I took it I got roleplaying somewhere in the 80's, and most of those scores were higher. But, uh, maybe it doesn't mean I scored low, but that I'm actually growing up and away from MUDding?

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject:

Hey maybe
Sounds like a plan maybe Ill take it again and see if I get lower

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: