Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 17 hours.

Best race for healer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Best race for healer?

human
dwarf
avian
halfling
storm
elf

Which is the best?
And what about ethos?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject:

I personally have always been a big fan of Dwarves as healers... Been wanting to try a storm giant though too. But I like dwarves cuz of the amount of health you get with them, along with a decent amount of mana to go along. Just the vulnerability sucks especially in lower levels.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

Human healer. You get a formidable shield block without any racial disadvantages and without losing any weapon options.

0 0 0
m1co

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

look at the expert talking, if humans rock so much then why were you playing dwarf&elf healers?

<insert pwnface here>

0 0 0
Daodus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Healers, like all other classes, can be played in different ways. For a first time healer, I highly recommend dwarf *only kind I've gotten to fifty*. They've got formidable shield block and parry, as well as magic resistance. Just all around great. Though halfling healers are major fun too. Haven't played one since the changes to halfling though. I recommend dwarf, then storm and then elf, and so on and so forth.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I did like the magic resistance, especially when fighting shamans. Nothing better then watching a shaman spam blasphemy and fail as your divine ret beats their heads in. The shield block was great too, but I found that any melee class with water based weapons could eat throuh my hps in a flash.

As far as elves I did enjoy the auto-sneak, but not enough hp for my taste and the shield block is under par.

I still say human, humans have great balanced stats, quick exp. gain, nice pk range, and no vulnerabilities. Especially if it's your first healer.

*Edit: And, as far as ethos, depends on your race. If you go dwarf, your only option is chaotic. If not, you'll have the vainglory as your primary weapon most of the time. (Can't use wild or water weapons as a neutral/dwarf which cuts your selection of maces down).

The other races, I'd say it's up to you. Chaotic is nice for wild attacks, but neutral has it's bonuses too.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

well, i prefer elves because of the mana they get, plus they have autosneak so i can run in and start the fight, then let the others take care of damage, but i have only had one healer, so i still need to experiment

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Elves are good but you spend alot of trains on hp. A properly equiped dwarf can take water attack pretty good plus if you place the trains over hp and mana you will have a tank of a priest that can take and dish out decently but as the higher ranked mobs get you'll still get your ass kicked and it just takes experiance to survive with a healer.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: