Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 22 hours.

Quest Mistake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Quest Mistake

So, I logged in at level 1 and got paired up with a guy who was all about leveling right away. So, I left mud school, and got up to about level 10. Now I have like 4 quests that seem to need to take place inside mud school (like, look at the Herald's junk), and I have no way of completing these.

Seems to me quests should vaporize once they have no chance of being completed, yes?

Also, that quest where you have to locate the bank is malfunctioning. I visited that place like 20 times, and still never got the darn thing.

Sorry to be such a pessimist, but without newbs like me, you probably wouldn't know there was a problem, eh?

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject:

There's only one quest that you need the newbie area for.

As for the bank one, you're probably not doing it right. These new quests are very specific.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:

Heh, that'll teach you to power rank instead of doing the first quest. I've seen players figure out the bank step so I'm not worried you'll either figure it out or just ask someone and find out. Quests are something I'm ok with players giving each other in-game hints on, since this is a multiplayer game.

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that whole "hey, go to the bank of the White Owl" part really confuses me. But you know, reading is hard for me, which is why I believe in electro therapy.

I tend to mess up stuff like that all time time. Because, next thing you know, I bring a white owl, squawking to the bank, or I try to deposit money into a white owl, and they really hate that, because why would an owl want money, after all?

As far as that whole 'that'll teach ya!' concept, how does that really teach me? I mean, the dude in the entrance flat out says 'hey, brotha, go south if you just wanna kick ass.' I mean, as much as I like reading signs that tell me how to 'GET', 'PRAC', and 'TRAIN', you know, I'm a little old for the diapers.

If you're still reading to this point, realize that most of this whole post was allegorical, and in no way is indicative of my actual meaning. Sorry for wasting your time. Very Happy

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject:

Call me sadistic if you want, but I seem to get my jollies in seeing everyone who went south and ignored the beautiful quest I wrote getting upset when they find they'll be doing without it for good. I'd even suggest rerolling just to try it rather than assume you'll just be reading signs. It takes just a BIT more brainpower than that.

Incase you hadn't noticed, these early quests (which are still sadly pathetically few in number) do a job of introducing you to some of the games more pragmatic features. If you've been absent for a long time, you'll probably even find out something new. First quest for example, besides forcing you to use some basic commands - as opposed to just saying they exist on some otherwise pointless sign - should be telling you about the MAP and MINIMAP features, which are absolute gold to know about. Second quest gives you our new outfitting in guilds advice. And so on. The banks quest, well that tells you about the bank, and another pretty neat thing later.

Now I'll give you a hint on the bank to calm you down a bit.. if you couldnt find what you were searching for, then you didnt LOOK properly..

0 0 0
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of Quest mistakes, I am trying to complete the first one in the mud school, like I have done many times before. But when I attempt to open the chest, it states "thats not a container". Seems kind of odd, does it not?

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm calm, I'm calm.

I took my meds.

Shocked

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: