Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Equipment disparities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Equipment disparities

I'm not going to say it completely throws things out of balance, just pointing something out. Neutrals and evils tend to have the rares spread out more evenly throughout the ranks. Meaning you'll see characters from level 20 - 50 with decent rares. Goods with decent rares are almost exclusive to 50, mainly because a majority of the good items are requestable only at 50, good can't loot other goods,(unless they want to get outcasted) So basically, a 50 good stands a better chance of being fully outfitted in suped up armor then a 50 evil.

Now that it's been stated clearly hitroll is more important then damroll, good aligns have the edge their too. Between mithril and golden dragonscale, they dominate the hitroll market. Sure, evils have red dragon, iron, and tainted, but its all damroll. Goods have living wood, which is damroll. Shittier ac then red, but still the same damroll. Goods and neutrals have corral rings, best evils can get is nice looking.

I can honestly say I'd trade a piece of red dragon for a piece of armor that had the same ac, but gave 1 hitroll instead. I will admit I have an evil, who is coming up on 35, and it's starting to worry me, now that obsidian bracers are dwindling to nonexistence and white gold are rare. I'd like to see a set of evil equipment that is equivalent to mithril.

Viva la teeth necklace until then.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

Honestly, there's a very nice selection of hitroll equipment out there for evils. you just have to look harder. And i'm not about to give away my own secrets.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Please point out where it was stated that hitroll is more important than damroll. Oh and, feel free to gamble some random hitroll gear, you can get +4 hit leggings and sleeves from Pel no problem.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Pel doesnt sell sleeves or leggings.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Coral rings were taken out.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Then try the drow city, or the illithid armor. I know theres a shop for it somewhere.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: