Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 13 hours.

Histories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ib3ndt1m3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Histories

I know I said I wasn't going to post, but this started bothering me...

I went back to the other board while this one was down today, just to keep myself occupied, and my mind started wandering towards a charactor I wanted to create. What I think my current charactor is most lacking is a strong history behind her.

So I thought I had seen a board where someone had offered to bounce ideas around for a charactor, make up histories and everything...mentioned that he had had fun doing that type of thing...? But when I went back I couldn't find the board. I was just wondering if that offer-whoever made it- was still open, or if anyone else wanted to pick it up. Thank you in advance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Well while you're sitting around waiting..the following is an example of how to write a history.

Quote:
Test was a great warrior of the Alignment. He was born thusly and here, and
grew up thusly. These experiences or aspirations led him to join this guild.
He travelled the realms thusly because of this reason and to do this. He heard
of such and such a cabal and wished to join it because of this reason. For
these reasons, the cabal Immortal saw fit to induct Test. Test lived the rest
of his days thusly, doing these great things and continuing to adventure.
As scribed by the Author.

0 0 0
ib3ndt1m3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry I should have used a better title. I'm not talking about written histories in the game. I suppose backstory was the term I was looking for. I want help creating a good history for this charactor up untl she is 17 and comes to Thera...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Character background information sheet here:
-> http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455

If you're just looking to describe your chars childhood, then there's two ways. The first is to pick an area from the game and describe your early life there. You could look for an area that's similar to your race, for example a drow who left the unlit city, but you dont have to. The other is to make up your own realm/area and later enter AR as an adult. Since the creator has you step through a portal at the beginning, you can act like you came from a different dimension. Anywhere which is an entrance point into Thera (Nexus, portal skills, creator portal) can be used to explain your arrival as an adult.

If youre just looking for ideas, well, wait for the guy who likes doing it, personally I'd rather people write their background themselves.

Does anybody else have an interest in this? I can add it to the game although whatever you write in it will be strictly between you and the immortals. Oops, and the graveyard =p

0 0 0
ib3ndt1m3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

I did my own history last time, I'm just looking for someone to bounce ideas off of. I basically know what I want the history to be, so its not as if I'm not writing it myself. I don't think I could play someone whose history wasn't written mostly by me, but there's just a few things that I want some help the flesh out. SO I'll wait for the guy.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:

I think it'd be neat if someone wanted to opt for that, but unnecessary for everybody. The questionnaire would need to be trimmed as well (3 enemies? How do you know at creation?), but it might work for those that want a little more "in-depth" look at their characters.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: