Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 15 hours.

Immersion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blarg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject:

The corpse of a cute rabbit weighs 100 lbs.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

I need to think about the rest of the gameplay implications of this one before I change it. It might also legitimately affect ranger steaks, etc.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Would a rabbit's corpse just be %m's corpse or is there seperate items for each animals corpse?

Shouldn't smaller animals yeild a smaller amount steak than larger animals? I know it's kind of complicated and I really wouldn't want to be in charge of creating/maintaining code for a more realistic butcher skill that made the appropriate amount of steaks for the different corpses that they came from, but it might make butcher a more balanced/challenging skill (Why am I saying this!? I take it all back, butcher should do a killing attack to all enemies nearby (DC 32) save for half damge).

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

bring the doughnuts back mmmmmmmmmmm doughnuts

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I agree!

Now that ranger skills like dirt and every bow-related skill has been nerfed, lets starve them.

Down with the rangers!

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

The Tree House
This is a small platform with four walls and a leaf roof rather than
a proper tree house. Nevertheless, it is very cosy and could accommodate
two quite comfortably. A pot of jasmine tea is simmering over a fire
and a few plush cushions are scattered on a rug in one corner. On a
shelf on the west wall are the complete works of Shakespeare , while
another book lies half-read on the floor.

also the "badly-written sonnet" is attributed to "the Bard" aka shakespeare

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Some exotic weapons are a little bit, um, strange, and I don't really see them actually being wieldable. An example of this would be an avalanche. Sorry, just not seeing it...

On a less important note, I think the sign in the travelers rest is a bit odd.
Code:
5) THE MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BAR WHOEVER THEY LIKE

So if the management does not like me, I can't be kicked out, right? Laughing

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Speaking of exotic weapons, can we get that dream catcher changed to like a blowgun or somthing. Also the snot slinger and snot arrows are kinda lame. How about great bone bow and bone arrows or somthing. Anyways lots of good work Davairus.

Grayden Grim of the bloody fields of flesh

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with the "dream catcher".

If you ever read the book by Roald Dahl called The BFG, you'd have read an account of dreams being like small spheres that float around bumping into sleeping people. A "dream catcher" is a rod with a net on the end that the giant used to catch these spheres. They're then bottled and he does whatever he did with them.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

dream catcher would be fine if you didnt associate it with another work of fiction. why couldnt you have said a few real cultures have had dreamcatcher devices and theres other historicalc mythological refrences to such a device?

the avalanche seems fine to me, after all, werent the hobbit swords called orcrist and glamdering? i could see someone naming their weapon the avalanche, or even this way, cars are named something particularly stupid, the centra, the accord, etc.. ships were the same way before cars, and if you produce more than one and still call it by the same name as in the case of replacement ships or same model cars, isnt it then a(n) (name)? so it could be one of many made. if you actually consider to yourself mentally envisioning an actual avalanche in someones hand, I just dont know about you.. imaginative imagination, or literalist unimaginative..

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

i loved the bfg! Very Happy

for gr8mage:

dream catchers are found in certain native american tribes from the mid/southwest. depending on which source you ask, they are used to either capture good ideas and dreams, or filter out bad ones. many cultures hold dreams as signifiers of luck and portenders of the future. considering how pervasive the importance of dreams seems to be throughout the world, it probably wouldn't be surprising if thousands of works of fiction had references to dreamcatcher-esque items. thousands of works of fiction have goblins and orcs wandering around in them too, with rusty armor and chainmail, but no one has a problem with those...

if you don't want to picture the dream catcher in a real-world sort of way, take some of your own advice and use your imagination instead; it could be an object that twists the mental state of the opponent to the extent that they begin to believe they are living in a nightmare, where nasty invisible things are taking bites out of them, or something that channels collected dream-material from the wielder and strikes the opponent with that otherworldly force.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:

dream catchers are found in certain native american tribes from the mid/southwest. depending on which source you ask, they are used to either capture good ideas and dreams, or filter out bad ones. many cultures hold dreams as signifiers of luck and portenders of the future. considering how pervasive the importance of dreams seems to be throughout the world, it probably wouldn't be surprising if thousands of works of fiction had references to dreamcatcher-esque items. thousands of works of fiction have goblins and orcs wandering around in them too, with rusty armor and chainmail, but no one has a problem with those...

if you don't want to picture the dream catcher in a real-world sort of way, take some of your own advice and use your imagination instead; it could be an object that twists the mental state of the opponent to the extent that they begin to believe they are living in a nightmare, where nasty invisible things are taking bites out of them, or something that channels collected dream-material from the wielder and strikes the opponent with that otherworldly force.

Vanisse... would you consider making sweet sweet love to me?

I know this is kinda threadjacking... but I just had to ask...

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

considered and discarded Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

so you actually considered it... Banana

heh heh he...

*leers*

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

while we're on the idea of dreamcatchers, i am native alaskan, my whole family uses those things, funny, i think they actually work, but i am already biased on them, so dont take my word for it, plus my WHITE friends mom makes the things and sells them....

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject:

Back to original topic.

I was wandering around Archanos and I didn't have a recall potion (silly me) and discovered this no-exit room that really bugged me.
Code:
Mahatma's Inescapable Trap
  Mahatma, that silly thief, is here, and he steals everything you have.  He
says, 'Here, have a quick trip to your temple.'  He plunges a black dagger
into your back ...

-He's not in the room.
-No one is stabbing me with any dagger. (I am dying of hunger).
-I still have my stuff, even when it says he stole it.
-Gandhi advoketed peace, not violence.
-WTF is that random hermit for?
-He refers to the temple, which is a bit odd.
-I come back later and all my stuff is still there.
-(more random stuff)

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Kazagistar, more about no-exit rooms in general. A lot of them imply death while you're in there, even though you may not actually die. Such as something like drowning to death in a pool when you can just calmly take out a recall potion and quaff it.

Although the temple thing in Mahatma's trap kind of makes sense to me... the thief knows that when people die they go to their temple. So he's just trying to be witty when he says "Here, have a quick trip to your temple" instead of saying "I'm gonna kill you! OMFGPWNED!"

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I just noticed this.
Quote:
I take it all back, butcher should do a killing attack to all enemies nearby (DC 32 save for half damge)

Hmm, whats half of an instant kill?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Those kind of rooms are a throwback to the ancient single player text games, where you walk in.. and you're dead. Game over, press any key to try again. Its not completely inappropriate for multiplayer but they can obviously use a little more work.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject:

A cute and very overweight rabbit is here.

Problem solved.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: