Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 21 hours.

Knights/Healers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Knights/Healers

Ok people that play a Elf healer normally want to join Knights and have the automatic quick help no questions asked from Knights and they get good same a Dwarf so why even have healer if your gonna be a weak little basterd half your levels and get your ass kicked. It makes no sense to me healers can get really good and are defensive but why not let them in Knights still it's like Shamans or Dk's not being allowed in Legions.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject:

They are not allowed in Knights for obvious reasons... they're healers and Knights kill. They get to be nobles instead.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject:

And they also protect good their not gonna go around healing evils they can do some really good damage if thats the case take damage spells away and don't give them weapons.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject:

The only good damage spell they have is "dispel undead". Notice that says "undead" not "evil". The spell behind that name however, IS dispel evil, and that is something that is eventually going to change.

As for their weapons, since they dont have "enhanced damage", its hard to get a healer doing well with his hits, and its more about whittling people down slowly while you spam cure critical and sleep the ticks.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Notice that says "undead" not "evil". The spell behind that name however, IS dispel evil, and that is something that is eventually going to change.

Hah! I'm so happy to hear that. Stupid healers=)

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject:

Ok you realize some of the changes are cool but the ones that aren't people are leaving weakening Healers you might aswell take out Healers and Shamans. You talk about balance Shamans tower over Healers in power as it is and weakening their spells should just make god class unbeatable fucking titans that own shit no matter what. Level 70 mob against lvl 1 god bam death to mob cause this is getting alittle unbalanced ok really unbalanced

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject:

Ok I am not going to respond to something incoherent. Learn to write.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject:

Learn to think.

0 0 0
LABruinCub

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject:

Dav, thank you for making the change to dispel undead. Healers shouldn't be able to kill... hence the name... to have otherwise would be like priests running around slaying people. I was also tired of getting dispel undead to death because it does ***DEMOLISH*** to unsanc'd evils while healers could simply run around with protective shield, fly, cure crit, sanc and recall/teleport and generally wear you down.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject:

Its up to you to get your point across clearly. If I can't understand what you are trying to say on the first read, I'm done. I've got koopas to jump on (super mario world rules).

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

LABruinCub wrote:
Dav, thank you for making the change to dispel undead. Healers shouldn't be able to kill... hence the name... to have otherwise would be like priests running around slaying people. I was also tired of getting dispel undead to death because it does ***DEMOLISH*** to unsanc'd evils while healers could simply run around with protective shield, fly, cure crit, sanc and recall/teleport and generally wear you down.

Hasnt been changed yet. Teleport has though.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Y'know, this thread brings up a very important topic...

I've gotta find a good emulator and get Super Mario Bros/World...

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to say soldier, but you are still wrong.

Healers should not be killers. They ARE able to still defend themselves rather easily. Throw on some decent saves (mainly mental), get a mental savebreak armor, toss up a divine ret., dispel away. That will do a pretty good job of keeping the shamans at bay.

And Sebryn brings up a very good point. Anyone know where I can get a Road Rash emulator?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

romnation.net if its still up

0 0 0
dashpunk217

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject:

Coherent thought might be asking for a little too much from him... I'd settle for punctuation marks. Healers and shamans are nowhere near the same. Healers are 99% defensive while shamans are 99% offensive. Look at their spell lists and see the differences. Cabals kill, if you don't have offensive abilities you have no business in a cabal.

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject:

All I got to say is I miss my healer Knighties...only race I did not play was avian and halfling...but its not like they could do much hoarding...

0 0 0
Goldenriver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I'm in the dark here, but in a few other MUDs healers have the power to resurrect people from the dead. I.E. during that time immediately after death when you're a ghost, if there is a healer around, they can cast a spell when in the same room as the corpse and return you (good/neutral only) to life, cutting down a lot of your experience penalty if it was a mob death. Obviously it costs a ton of mana and they have the decision to resurrect whomever they like.

Maybe healers already do that and I'm just oblivious, but it seemed to give healers more leverage. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject:

Soldier, I hate to be an ass...(No comments from the peanut gallery) but...er...you have HORRIBLE sentence structure.

As to why Shamans tower over Healers so well is a simple thing...They specialize in opposite fields. Shamans destroy, weaken, and harm most forms of life almost as much as a fat kid likes cake. Healers, on the other hand revere life, and seek to enrich, create, and encourage life.

It's far easier to end life than it is to create life. Barring that, Healers and Shamans have their own specific purposes. Shamans make some of the better evil tanks, a quality that their Light-worshipping cousins share. That's basically where the similarities end, barring skills.

Shamans, you see, get blindness, plague, poison, etc. etc.
Healers get spells that alleviate/cure blindness, plague, poison, etc. etc.

Sure Healers aren't tailor-made to kill, because it's not in their nature. They're not supposed to run around smiting people with the "holy power of uberismomgroflcopter!"

This is not to say it can't be done, but to get back to my original point...Healers revere life...Knights...revere certain lives. Bloodthirsty healers are a biiiig no-no.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: