Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 1 hour.

Retaining "new players"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Davor wrote:
Quote:

Lydana
Immoral

Is it just me or???

Either you're trying to be funny (in which case it worked) or your spelling sucks, Davor... I was just shocked to see the girl was still slummin' it here with us addicts...

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Snicker.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

going off one of zuk's posts but i think it would be kind of interesting to see someone use "thees" and "thous" effectively. would be kinda cool.

have you ever played Chrono Trigger and if so do you remember the frog warrior (the knight)? his speech and his actions are cool.

0 0 0
Flight_Control

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Suggestion.

Maybe make it not so hard to rank with yourself and a pet? Groups are nice, but some magic users are just refused groups. Kinda not cool.

1. I still think we need a goblin siege.

2. Maybe a meteor shower? If you find a piece of a meteor, the imms give you something cool. Or maybe the shopkeeper can make a rare out of it? Random cool armor or weapon thing?

3. We need a quest imm. I'd volunteer for the job if anyone would be interested. (Burzuk? Davairus?) I know I'm new to this MUD, but I think I can learn quick.

4. Stock market! I just need more cash flow. Protection from Legion is crazy expensive.

5. How about evil dragons come to the lands and pillage and hack shit up so people have to go fight them? Make em hard to kill.

6. We need the mudsex thing. I'm checking out Erdana and DAMN. It's so boring out in the wilderness with nothing to do. I JEST, I JEST.

Write me back and stuff guys.

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

As much as I love Chrono Trigger and Frog (including how he talked), Frog's grammar was pretty horrid with thees/thous, etc. I mean it sounded cool, but it was way off grammatically.

I can't think of any examples, though, which is probably a good thing.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

haha see Ashr? yeah you're right about the grammar but he was a badass anyway.

yo flight control:

1. I still think we need a goblin siege.
* we had gobbies sieging seringale every mud day for the past several years.. aint that kinda mundane

2. Maybe a meteor shower? If you find a piece of a meteor, the imms give you something cool. Or maybe the shopkeeper can make a rare out of it? Random cool armor or weapon thing?
* hidden random items sound kinda cool to me

3. We need a quest imm. I'd volunteer for the job if anyone would be interested. (Burzuk? Davairus?) I know I'm new to this MUD, but I think I can learn quick.
* torkalen is quest imm

4. Stock market! I just need more cash flow. Protection from Legion is crazy expensive.
* stock market in medieval fantasy setting? lots of easy ways to get money if you can't kill anyone (just tedious) including task (i made 400k off of it but you do need to know about where to find stuff), sell stuff to shopkeepers (especially after a storm), and selling rares as opposed to using them (if you die frequently), etc.

5. How about evil dragons come to the lands and pillage and hack shit up so people have to go fight them? Make em hard to kill.
* kinda cliche but we have sieges from time to time, but that's harder to do so you need davairus or resatimm to coordinate it. whine to resatimm and it'll happen as long as his in-laws let him play mud

6. We need the mudsex thing. I'm checking out Erdana and DAMN. It's so boring out in the wilderness with nothing to do. I JEST, I JEST.
* Who's Erdana? Sethronu's got three heads so he can please her better than you can. Am I allowed to say that?

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Heh...thought everyone knew I play Erdana. Flight control, you're Reidai, right? You are so random...I was so bored right about then Smile. You were so awkward...hehe. Funny guy. And here's my friend telling me you just killed him. Way to go!

0 0 0
Flight_Control

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Elaedon: No.

Ha. I am NOT Reidai. I won't tell you who I am.

Search some other of my posts and maybe you can figure it out.

I'm pretty new here...probably been here about 4 months or so...managed to die quite a lot. Gave up on my first 2 characters and now I'm just finally getting the hang of it. I can usually get away unless someone is insanely fast. Also managed to kill a few people myself, so I'm satisfied.

The mud is great, although I'm used to a bit more hp and not getting 1-rounded by mobs (i have quite a few mobdeaths on my current character due to exploring and getting equipment).

Sethronu:

We need a big ass goblin seige with some bad ass goblins who completely destroy the cityguards. That way, the players might actually have to do something about it.

Just some suggestions to make the game a bit different and add some spice (but of course not too much) to it.

I don't know who the immortals are online at any given time, and I know that mortal/immortal interaction is frowned upon. However, it would be nice to have games within the game (excluding the whole quest thing, which I have to admit is pretty snazzy).

Anyway, someone want to code my meteor idea? That would be the shiznit. Thanks Smile

0 0 0
Flight_Control

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Sethronu:

Just cuz you have 3 heads doesn't mean you have the technique.

Quality over quantity. And you know that Flight_Control takes her higher, and higher with the non-immortal tongue technique.

Boo-ya!

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Elaedon: No.

Flight_Control wrote:
I don't know who the immortals are online at any given time, and I know that mortal/immortal interaction is frowned upon. However, it would be nice to have games within the game (excluding the whole quest thing, which I have to admit is pretty snazzy).

Any character over level 51 is an Immortal ( you can see ranks beside immortals names on the who list) and if they are visible, they are welcoming player interaction. Mortal/immortal interaction is not frowned upon here - providing you dont harass the Imms to get your character equipment Rolling Eyes

Heralds have the ability to run little quests and games although they might need immortal help if the quest you have in mind is complex. So if you have an idea for a quest, ask a herald if its possible.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Flight, I don't believe you don't play Reidai. Also, you're more than a little deranged... Confused

0 0 0
Flight_Control

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Actually...

Elaedon:

I'm an invoker you probably know pretty well, you thief of hearts you. You should, um, take advantage of the wilderness when someone takes you into a private cave.

Hmm?

Also, I've got another character you won't know about. And I swear to God, hope to die that I am NOT Reidai.

Torkalen: I'll be looking for you for you when I've got quest ideas.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

Invoker, you say? Hmmmmmmm... Morbious maybe? He's the only one I know...About your other character, I bet it's Siridan Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Flight_Control

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Invoker:

No, I'm not Morbious. No, I'm not Siridan. I don't rank all that much. I have a low level invoker and now another magic user that I just started. I thought I was messing with your thief the other day or earlier today. Maybe it's not you!

Uh oh.

Fun fun fun. No one ever seem to be around when Im on...maybe because of the funky time difference?

Torkalen or Sethronu: I'm on AIM alot, if you have it. Let's chat about quests! Elaedon: Let's chat about something else!

Toodles.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Damn...who do you play then? And I don't have any thieves... Oh, and no aim either, though I do have msn.

0 0 0
Cirdan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

What is your msn then? Also has Elaedon died our is she still beating the evil out of the legions still?!?

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Cirdan! You're back! Hooray! ...Yes, I still have my monk, and only about 15-20 deaths on her. I also have a rank 38 invoker knight...Hellstream is so fun. It's great to see you're back...yeah, my msn is rabidgeckov2@gmail.com (it's actually my boyfriend's, but he doesn't mind, since he lives across the country). I'm not on much though...

0 0 0
Kren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Newbies (Like Me) need a place to learn Pking. How about an Arena that you can fight in but not die? You could make it so that you don't gain learning or proficien's because the point would be to learn how to use which skills. Put some buff programed mod's there that act more like a skilled player when no one is there to dual. Have the immortals and anyone else whose point of view be worth hearing be able to watch and give feedback.

I have never been full looted (although taking my light when I was a human fighting in the dark was a great move) I think players just know I don't have the knowledge and don't try to agravate things.

So I have a new flag and Joe Shmoe has a new flag what do I gain by killing him?

If people are serious about getting more people involved they should demand people lead more. Everyone is so preoccupied with ranking that you can level easy without knowing where the hell you are or how you got there.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I once suggested something along these lines, though I don't think it was ever implemented. Immortals have the ability to take control of mobs, Immortals are supposed to be decent at PK, so why not have an Arena for people to fight Imm-controlled characters with certain skillsets. These fights can end in pre-death Warlord Fatality Style, and if the player does win, allow them to gain some experience. Have generic classes - fighter, rogue, mage, cleric - and have the new players let them choose. AR's a pk mud, so let them practice.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

like the adventurer that leads you to the dragon through hoan dor, or death if youre a newbie, there could be a few more "follow me" type mobs that lead around, explain things such as areas, or the specific one youre in, maybe lead to aggro creatures like boogum and show how to scan, then warn the player what kind of creature that is.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: