Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

Justices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Justices

Now this is just my most humble suggestion. However, considering the lack of Justices/Deputies, and for that matter, the lack of available Justices in times of need, perhaps the requirements for Deputy/Justice should be made slightly easier/shorter. I do of course see the reason for requirements to join anything, and work and effort should of course be expended to prove dedication.

However, one must weight the options you have as a Cabal; Remain with very few Justices, and absolutely no law enforcement, leaving Seringale to much more future chaos (coincidentally creating exactly what the cabal is against) or lighten up on some of the requirements (at least for now) so that the city can return to a peaceful state.

The requirements to become a Deputy outweigh I'm sure some people's dedication to become one. Not totally because the requirements are difficult, but because speaking to every Justice is impossible, considering how rarely the different Justices are about.

Now I'm not sure what the requirements for becoming a Justice are, so I can't comment.

However I'm glad this game has not become one of those - that joining an order or group is like a full time job. With essays and hours of work - this is a game after all, and I just hope it will never become that sort of game.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:

"Deputies" are still being worked on currently. Justice requirements are found in 'help justice' but you won't find what the interview/testing guidelines are; those are reserved for applicants only. You don't typically get the answers to a test before you take it, do you?

Personally I think it's a matter of "timing" rather than a matter of the testing/induction process being difficult. Cabal leaders (both mortal and immortal) can't be around 24/7 to catch every applicant to their cabal and ensure that they're going through the induction process step-by-step. Real life does happen, believe it or not - and usually important matters take precedence over the game.

If you're applying for any position, be it an organization like Nobles or Heralds, or a full-blown cabal, the number one key is 'patience.'

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't complaining that it was taking me too long personally to become a Deputy or a Justice, and I would appreciate it if you did not insinuate so. I have no problem putting forth effort for something I want in a game.

The point I was trying to, and am still trying to make is that there is a lack of Justice presence in the realm, which allows for every outlaw around to simply break every law Seringale has at their whim. (Yes this is a largely IC issue but communicating in this sort of venue is impossible IC)

In my opinion it has very little to do with timing. Timing makes it seem like the realm is just at an all time low, and every cabal is suffering. They're not, in comparison. I see quite a few Knights around whenever I'm about, as well as Legion members (Even though their induction process is one of the more difficult ones) and a few Heralds. It to me is just bad luck for the cabal, coupled with a lengthy process of induction which may turn some away, or prolong the process of making Seringale a once again peaceful Town.

A perfect example:

Code:
Welcome to Abandoned Realms.  You will never be the same.
A Small Burnt Field
  You are standing in the middle of a small, open field surrounded by a
picket fence that appears to be made from mahogany.  The field is covered in
lush grass, covered in is scarred in various places by huge, black marks
that cut their way their way through the field.  There is a distinct smell
of burning in the air, and charred fragments sometimes rain down around you.
Looking up, the weather seems unstable above this field, as though many
different forces are trying to make it do what they command.  This obviously
is where the Invokers practice their powerful magic, controlling the raw
forces of the realm as only they know how.  The only apparent exit is south,
into the guildhall. 

[Exits: south]
     A coffer for donations has been left here.
(White Aura) Jerold the invoker guildmaster is here displaying his pyrotechnics.

You have 4 new stories waiting.

|94%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, day 10798tnl|
Eragon the stone giant mercenary yells 'Help!  Cliff just tried to blackjack me!'

|94%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, day 10798tnl| whp
Huh?

|94%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, day 10798tnl| who
[29 Drow  Inv] <PK> Claros the Theurgist
[    Elf     ] Sarion the Pilferer
[   Avian    ] Cliff the Grand Spy
[   Human    ] [KNIGHT] Navatar Wanideus the Holy Knight, Guardian of Valour
[   Dwarf    ] Aldacer Rhunn the Holy Knight
[   Human    ] Lukiashi the White Belt
[   Gnome    ] Ziauddin Sardar the Seeker of Cold
[   Minot    ] <PK> Eyderin the Master Destructor
[    Elf     ] <PK> Talendyr the Warder Captain
[   Duerg    ] [LEGION] Olphrys the Holy Shaman
[   Human    ] [HERALD] Saern Baine the Huntswoman
[   Fire     ] Zandor the Baron of Rage
[   Human    ] Merr Tarrent the Bringer of Famine
[   Avian    ] <PK> Arnhem Blackpalm the Infamous Crime Lord
[   Half     ] [HERALD] Jastor Bandylat the Master of Poison
[   Human    ] Parias Maluca the Leader of the Crusades
[   Slith    ] Kamay Loabee the Master of Steel
Players matched: 17
There are 19 characters on, the most on since startup was 22.

|94%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, day 10798tnl|
Eragon the stone giant mercenary yells 'Help!  Cliff just tried to blackjack me!'
The sun slowly disappears in the west.

|97%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, dusk 10798tnl|

The night has begun.

|100%hp 100%(784/784)mana 100%mv, night 10798tnl|

For one, chaos and lawbreaking in the city the second I enter the game.
Secondly, each of the other cabals save Warlord is represented at least once on this wholist except Justices. (And I've seen plenty of Warlords these past few days)

Now again, I'm not at all attempting to complain about any aspect of the game with this string/post. I'm simply arguing the point that Justices are needed to keep the peace in Town, there are very few at this time, and that there is a temporary and simple solution to resolving this situation. Yes this is a largely IC arguement, and had I any sort of way to present this on such a grand scale to the playerbase in character I would have.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Why not just apply to become a Justice instead of a Deputy then?

Seems like a simple enough answer...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject:

They dont have to get to 50 before they can even apply. They dont have to rank as squires for a while first. They dont even have to train their skills. So whats lengthy about it? Get to 30 (or is it 35 nowadays?). Pass an interview on the laws. That's all I remember.

The only requirement I see in place thats hurting the Justice membership is disallowing Lightwalkers. They made their selection pool significantly smaller doing that ...just look at all the nobles we have instead.

I think we just need more applicants, so Justice should work on promoting interest in their cabal.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah Monkey, go make an evil justice =P

Oh, and I'm with Sebby on this. The Justice interview/induction process isn't drawn out at all. And who cares if it is? When you are waiting you still get to log on and play your character. Is playing your character that painful?

Oh, and cabals come and go in waves (as has been said many times). Sometimes cabals will be weak, other times they will be strong. If Justice is in low attendance right now, take advantage of it and make a character who is chaotic and run around town breaking the law.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject:

This is the thing really, when you post there's a problem, the response you'll get is "go do something about it then"... hence my post "Justices need to promote themselves". Because people arent going to create Justices to help newbs, they're going to create Justices because they think they're fun.. and having Justice members post stuff on forum like ... well I dont log on much to space my deaths out.. that negativity don't exactly help.

So whats fun about Justice? Well. You spend hours coasting along in suspense, doing dick all, then eventually it happens, and after a few brief minutes of utter joy spamming apprehend, things are back peaceful again. For a Justice, the fun is in apprehending criminals, and if I was going to try to make it more appealing, that is where I would strike. But you should know before you play a Justice that a lot of the time you just sit around hoarding your mighty eq.

0 0 0
etso

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: My personal experience

Justice isnt that hard to get into, I applied at level 22, and within a week, I was in. All be it, luck that I was on alot when other justices where on, and I was able to pass the tests and what not, but it is not that hard to get in, you just need good dedication ( I was level forty something I think when I was actually inducted, but I was told to apply at an early rank so my application could be reviewed and I could be tested properly)

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Problem with Justice was neatly put by Dav,
1st: not really active cabal, sure it can get hairy... but mostly, drafty, and if you go seeking some action most likely people will be screaming Corruption (check Sasarai, Uguzu even Deiminos... errr especially Deiminos).
2nd: Really easy to get the boot. I would know Smile. Ramod would know even better. Zero tolerance, was at least not that long ago.
3rd: you should be fairly competent to be a justice, Justice is not noob cabal. You can't be in it without fair knowladge of lands and items. When I was leader there was load of vet justices so one could afford one or two justices that didn't know their way around and they learned fast (Niladein good example).
4th: Really meager class selection compared to most cabals. No illus, no goodies, no monks, no rangers leaves you with only handful of classes to pick from which CAN be an issue since substantial part people wish to play certain class rather then certain cabal.

All in all, they need some upsides other then being Knight's 2nd choice for night out.

Dav2

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: