Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

I'm back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: I'm back

Successfully finished a 6 month deployment without sinking the submarine. And now, I get 1 month of stand-down where I only have to come in to work once every 3 days. Whoopie. And I probably won't be going out to sea until december or january or so, and even then won't be going out for a full deployment until early summer. This means I'll have plenty of time to mud.

Thinking about doing a slith warrior or something. A lotta changes in these past 6 months.

P.S. Dex looks like it's way, way overpowered as a stat right now.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject:

Why dex over str?

dodge (parry, dual parry)
trip (bash)
dirt (hobble, but yeah, I'd take dirt)
??? (sideswipe, disarm, etc)

Also random thought: Why can't stone giants have just one more damn int... argh. Their dex still sucks and its not like the wisdom adding to combat luck helps them any. I'd make one but I'd feel like I'd be wasting practices to get something from 63ish to 75. Thats like the single reason I've never ever made a stone giant Sad .

Last edited by Slade on Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:39 am; edited 4 times in total

0 0 0
LABruinCub

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject:

I was watching some Pride matches on pay-per-view, and I can say that with Dex being the dominant combat stat, AR is truly in a world of FANTASY!

LoL, cus once in a while you'll see the more skillful combatant win, but if the combatant is outmatched in strength, then he will have to compensate with a TON of extra dex, like figuratively 3+ dex to overcome 1+ str.

But it's not the other way around, as in, the strongest fighters can win with just a small amount of skill, while the weakest fighters can only win if their skill level is so great as to overcome their strength disadvantage. As of now, AR's combat system is set up so that 1+ dex = 100+ str. =D

Trust me, fire giants would rock in Pride, not halfling muthas.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Divsky! Holy shit 6 months already. Did you successfully consumate every room aboard the sub? Oh, and get World of Warcraft. It's the new thing!

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:

Dude, before I left WOW was the new thing. I had a level 19 undead mage (specializing in ice. His name was FrozenDead on the Warsong server) before I left. Now, the new thing is Guild Wars, which I've already bought a copy of.

And no, I did not consumate every space onboard. It's pretty tough to get the commanding officer's stateroom while underway. However, I did get the fan room, combat systems electronic spaces (CSES) and aft berthing (like at least 100 times, thats where my rack was).

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject:

watup welcome back

0 0 0
Crale

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject:

I played Guild Wars for a while... It seems like it's really awesome at first, and I'm sure it could be if they add on a crapload of stuff with expansions... But after a while when I got to the top really fast, it was like jesus this is kind of boring. To top it off, if you don't have friends that get on a lot, or if you aren't in a guild, the gameplay isnt as much fun by yourself. Good luck though, and it is a great game to play, I just hope they add a lot of stuff on to it. Oh yeah, and welcome back to AR!

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject:

Welcome back, Div.

God damnit!

Glad to have ya back...You smart assed wanker.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:

welcome back, good to see you.

0 0 0
dashpunk217

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

welcome back, louise misses you at wal-mart

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: