Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

Darkhaven stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Darkhaven stuff

First of all, it'd be really nice if you moaned about things like this on the forum, so that I know there's a big problem. It isn't my goal to make a whole bunch of players unhappy. Now that said, I've been made aware of an issue with people not liking the Darkhaven town pick one bit, and thats due to the comparative shittiness of recalling there without being able to run (since your opponent will just nexus to Timaran and sit waiting).

I'm going to propose a few working solutions, say which one you prefer and maybe offer ideas to build on them:

Solution 1 - make Darkhaven a slippier area. Example, you run down alleys, come out on the other side of town. Like a sewers sort of thing.
(Makes Darkhaven safer)

Solution 2 - make the kaddar faeries lower level so high level evils can run by. This means high level evils with Darkhaven towns are hardier than low level ones.

Solution 3 - guards attack people with adrenaline not from Darkhaven, so its a town very hostile to hostile outsiders.
(Makes Darkhaven more dangerous)

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I would like the second option the most. Most newbie friendly of the three. And, of those who actually know the way, It would be a great alternative to going back through Timaran.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Crale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject:

I would prefer solution 1

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject:

Option 3 as long as the guards aren't too numerous or too strong (I can't recall).

I think the best option would be to connect Darkhaven to something else though, so they would have a more realistic Timaran type getaway. Maybe an eastern exit that would lead to the western part of the realms somehow, I don't know. Or maybe just more and/or expanded areas between Timaran and Darkhaven so its not just the dragon sea of north of town. Or maybe one or two new areas that connect off Darkhaven that don't really lead anywhere, but just by being there give someone more escape options, and a chaser more places to check. Maybe the dragon sea could keep going west into gnome village or something. Or some other way of getting to the Timaran / Eastern Road area, without going north (which takes a long time) or the uber predictable dragon sea. Thats the main problem with Darkhaven, you recall there and people know which way you are coming out, and thats the only realistic way in anyway, so you two are going to clash again. There isn't anywhere really to run.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject:

Didnt think there was a problem, But heres what I would do.
Make the Dragon Sea not the same area as Darkhaven , as it is now , you only have to go to the sea , type where and thats it ,
Somehow add areas or change the ones now ,so you can leave north and south and get somewhere . if you wanted to do the eastern way linking to the western way , that would be nice too , would come out somewhere near Valour.. for that Midnight raid from evil town to good town , nice little back door aye??

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:

Make a little sewer that runs out of Darkhaven.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject:

Criticize this. Thanks

Code:
         Battlezone
        /          |
       /           |
 Forest          Exile ---- Outerlimits
 Fareway                         |
   |                             |
   |            Dankbark --- DARKHAVEN
TIMARAN          Forest         |
   |               |            |
   |               |            |
  River  ---- Redhorne         Enthema
  Adelon      Mountain        |
                             /
                    Unlit City
                    /        \
 Sands of --- Escismir E'gal    Keep of D'al Kaddar
 Sorrow

Redhorne mountain = source of the river so it makes sense
Unlit City = Under the mountain
Escismir E'gal faeries are lowered down to level 36 or so
Legion cabal relocated to Outerlimits

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject:

I dont think the problem is Darkhaven...its just how Timaran is like the only way out of Darkhaven. Like basically Timaran is more central and Darkhaven is a big wing. You need to have more ways from Timaran to Seringale other than just one road.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject:

Uh look at above post/

0 0 0
Blarg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject:

How about a one way portal from the Lacramose temple to somewhere like the top of wyvern tower?

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject:

Just make sure those duergars on the path up the volcano are lowered in level or their aggroness removed so lowbies arent splattered everywhere

Not to mention the black druids and werewolves, unless that is a high level only route, which it would be

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I find solutions 1 and 3 interesting.

And I'm wondering, what would happen if the right side of Darkhaven was connected to the left side of Thera (illusionary isles, etc). Wouldn't that solve the problem of having to expand the realms east of Darkhaven so that people have places to run?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

That sounds cool (louis' idea). Kinda makes Thera a little more globish, not the flat world it is now, and it solves the problem.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:

would put it a bit too close to Valour though with an area which is large (easy to track and see if they went that way) and forest area that saps moves.. would probably need some filler areas in between.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking the exact same thing as Louis. What if you put another area on the east side of darkhaven that had a portal somewhere in it that linked to the sewers of Seringale? It would be a one-way portal that takes you from that area to sewers, but no return trip.

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Option 1 seems the best for me. The attacking guards would be used too much to help evils. If I knew how many guards were in the town and where they all were, I could easily regenerate my health and mentals sleeping in town. Since summon has been gimped intown there would be nothing that the aggressor could do to get to them.

The area map change around darkhaven is a great idea. This would make darkhaven a more centralized town and maybe start increasing the traffic through the area.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject:

So you like that new map? And I have a few new areas I can put in so we can make the world wrap around. But I don't know if I like that.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject:

uh wait. ya know.... I'd really, really, really hate to sleep like 5 times over to just walk from Darkhaven to Seringale when I'm past level 5...

right now the only ways into DH is through north of Timaran/battlezone, and river through Timaran. Those routes are insanely move draining.... my poor 140 moves will never be adequate enough to walk 1/4 the route through from DH to Seringale.

0 0 0
gomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject:

I like the new map, but would it be possible to connect the forrest fareway to the area above the dwarven mines....by the way of a new dwarven area????? Very Happy That way we could finally toss out Moria with some new dwarven area that would be a lot better then the current one. Ya'll got anything like that laying around?

The other thing is evils shouldnt need much protecting....right? Anyone that plays an evil should do so with the expectation(?) that they are all alone in this great big world and that everyone is out to get them.

And also the idea about connecting them to the seringale sewers or the illusionary isles just brings back the old problems from before. The one with the old map where someone could teleport back to seringale jump on the river and be gone in about 50 steps. I like the idea of some other way out of darkhaven instead of Timeran. I dont like the idea of weakening the Kaddar Faeries.... and anyway the way from the unlit city to the Escismir E'gal goes through the guy that is in love with himself and he isnt the easiest thing in the world to take...not the hardest by any means though....

I ran out of stuff for now, maybe more will come later.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I have no idea where anything is now...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: