Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

A short break.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: A short break.

Yeah... Wow... In light of recent first quarter grades, i'll be taking most of, if not the rest of, the school year off. I just tanked a 3.68 to a 2.45, and realzied that most of my extra time studying was spent in AR instead. Plus the fact that now, the GPA has to come up, or even my ACT score won't matter.

So, until the grades come up, i'll be forcibly limiting my amount of time in game. My OOC contacts still work, so anyone wanting to get ahold of me, use that route. Best of wishes until I can join up again. Good luck guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Nice. The rest of you, are going down with me. Twisted Evil

http://abandonedrealms.com/addiction.php

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Eh, I've got all A's in my classes this semester...

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject:

You've also got a wife to take care of you at night. The saddest part about QW's statement is not that his GPA dropped first semester of college, but that most of his time was spent playing AR. My first semester involved me going out with newly met friends and having a blast, be it wandering around a park at night, going to various plays, checking out dance clubs, or doing the frat party make out with random girls scene - mind you, this was not with all guy buddies. So QW, get out and don't be like n00bslang.

Speaking of which, didn't he go to Notre Dame in Indiana?

If it makes you feel better though, QW, mine dropped from 3.8 High School to 2.6 first semester to 3.3 second semester - it picks up when you're used to the situation. Good luck kiddo.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the serious things here is to consider that:

1. AR won't help you get a job.
2. AR won't pay your bills later in life.
3. AR will be here once you're the owner/operator of your own business.
4. AR won't get you laid.
5. AR won't order you pizza, as much as you might beg and plead.

So put the mouse down, step away from the keyboard, and go study. You'll thank yourself once it's all said and done.

Take the time to adjust yourself to college life, and then start adding in the extracurricular stuff after you've got your routine down.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:

5. AR won't order you pizza, as much as you might beg and plead.

[threadjack] Maybe that could be implemented...... [/threadjack]

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:

Hey! Just how many AR peeps in Indiana now? I'm at Indiana Tech (Ft. Wayne). There was someone tryin to get a hold of me around IN and I lost touch with them (my bad). I did pretty well when I was playin AR on a regular basis. Playin AR kept me going to my workstudy as a lab monitor. First semester a 3.5 and second was 3.3. I still get out, have a girlfriend (17 mo's), get my dance on (I gets down!), party, part of organizations, and all that good stuff. And you Imms know the time I put in on Dioraem, lol. [threadjack]And if any of you guys are facebook, let me know via Invokation.net or something.[/threadjack]

So with me, I've actually not been playin as much anymore and my grades are kinda slippin (been missin out on workstudy more often too). Sophomore year is hardest year anyway (tryin to figure out where you are in the whole college system and stayin motivated, blah blah). So maybe it's time to get my game up in AR again so I can get my grades up! THAT'S MY LOGIC (ADDICTION) AND I'M STICKIN TO IT! Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject:

Amdorin wrote:
Hey! Just how many AR peeps in Indiana now? I'm at Indiana Tech (Ft. Wayne). There was someone tryin to get a hold of me around IN and I lost touch with them (my bad). I did pretty well when I was playin AR on a regular basis. Playin AR kept me going to my workstudy as a lab monitor. First semester a 3.5 and second was 3.3. I still get out, have a girlfriend (17 mo's), get my dance on (I gets down!), party, part of organizations, and all that good stuff. And you Imms know the time I put in on Dioraem, lol. [threadjack]And if any of you guys are facebook, let me know via Invokation.net or something.[/threadjack]

That would be me, Amdorin. Razz

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject:

yea i'm on facebook

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:

wtf is facebook

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:

http://www.facebook.com/

I'm on there too.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Yeah same..

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject:

Yeah.. My grades are suffering too, and while I've cut down on ar time I haven't spent any of it studying... Somehow I'm managing to pull off an f in english... Dunno how that happened seeing as we haven't turned in any work all year. Almost every period the teacher is all "I don't feel like correcting your hw so for those of you who didn't do it your in luck" or "I had a lesson plan, but I really don't feel in the mood to teach it, so you can just do whatever today..." So yeah hopefully I can bring that up before next tuesday. Other than that I'm getting by in all my classes not doing any work outside of school... yay me
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject:

My GPA actually dropped a whole 1/3 point since I stopped playing. Coincidence? Statistical outlier? Who'll ever know. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Any AR players up here in New Hamp?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject:

I stopped playing cold turkey over 3 weeks ago now and have absoloutly no intention of coming back.

That has more to do with a growing distaste with AR's wonderful "balance" changes that one day reached critical mass causing me to just get a totally disinterested and rather spiteful attitude whenever I so much as think of playing AR anymore than with me wanting to stop playing for personal reasons. And I'm not even a PKer.

So you can put an end to AR addiction. You just have to not like AR anymore.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: