Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

New Cabal Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trillian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It's like the Field of Dreams people.. and you're all just trying to bring me down because you know I'm right.

You are a moron. Let me put this bluntly. Unless you're talking about clients, aliases, scripting, etc. There is NOTHING you have suggest that CAN'T be done with NOTES. You are a moron.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Cabals don't need that shit it's a waste of space. Like shit who gives a fuck have a bunch of friends call em up and plan the attack or have eachother on your msn or something. Don't waste peoples time you want it done you do it.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Remmy needs a bottle and a nap.

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject:

With forums being monitered it's a whole lot better than using AIM or anything ooc. Atleast this way imms can see what's going on delete what they don't like warn people, perhaps with something like this it will cut down on your ooc. You can improve your game with the help don't need to wait for you friend to log on in case some paladin shows up. Don't have to take the time in game to write notes while some dick wad is running in and out of your cabal. I for one don't have all that much time all the time, to sit and write a note about how my day went and what could have made it better. Atleast this way I can log onto forum check it fast see what people had to say and get off. If I log onto AR with some ass hat raiding my cabal I can't get on see what notes were wrote get off and go about my day cuz I don't have the time to log in. Dunno Trillian is a boob, an old wrinkly boob.. MWAHAHA.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I can't believe Remmmmmmmenon is suggesting cabals create offensive and defensive 'plays'. Let's just see what this might look like.

Taere is here.
Grimp is here.
Cramen is here.

Grimp says 'Alright, we're fighting four Legions and they have our item.'

Cramen says 'shit what do we do'

Taere says 'Alpha niner?'

Grimp shakes his head.

Grimp says 'Blue fourty two.'

Cramen says 'Is that the one where I run in, get them to chase me, then you two get the item?'

Taere says 'I thought that was purple doom?'

Grimp says 'No no, purple doom is where Cramen takes off all his gear then rests at the temple. They'll think he's linkdead so they will try to cheese him but we will be waiting to flag.'

Cramen says 'Why me? Why purple?'

Grimp says 'It doesn't matter, let's just settle on a play.'

Rolf walks in.
Ziizeas walks in.
Morfus walks in.
Vandrez walks in.

Taere closes his eyes momentarily.
Taere disappears.

Cramen squats and drops his load.

Jusitice is DEAD!!

[JUSTICE]Grimp: Good going guys, took so long to decide a plan that they caught us with our pants down.

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:

Rolf walks in.
Ziizeas walks in.
Morfus walks in.
Vandrez walks in.

Taere closes his eyes momentarily.
Taere disappears.

Aint that the truth....

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Trillian

Why do you even bother going to this forum then Trillian, do me a favor and just read your changes, and notes and whatever else in the game.

Obviously you're not a fan of forums so don't be a hypocrite. Now do someone else a favor and start writing a note when that person is coming to get you.

The Cabal forum would obviously have alot more then just plans to do stuff. Use a little imagination, Look at what is in the forum here, now narrow that down to Cabal specific stuff. Anything from equipment, to changes in cabal skills, to ideas on new ways to improve the cabal. So before you go and hack on what postings could be in the new cabal forum just turn the other side of your walnut sized brain and try brainstorming.

P.s Obviously Trillian's a Moron because he can't see the irony in posting in a forum for a game that he could OOOOBVIOUSLY get the information from in the game.

P.p.s. While you're at it take deadloser with you.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Trillian

Remmenon wrote:
Remmenon's post...

P.s Obviously Trillian's a Moron because he can't see the irony in posting in a forum for a game that he could OOOOBVIOUSLY get the information from in the game.

P.p.s. While you're at it take deadloser with you.

So, what specifics do you have for this forum idea? From your posts, it is nothing.

It's dead; drop it, grow up, and get over it. Petty namecalling after lots of ego-stroking seems to result in a lack of credibility.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: specifics

If you took the time to actually read my posts instead of "Oh geez that's so stupid.. Yuk yuk I'm gonna post something stupid too! HYuk HYUK" you'd find the specifics.

1) Tactics, training, and plans. These are like idea's and then postings saying how well they worked out.
2)General questions about certain cabal skills, and info on how to use them better since helpfiles are generally missing on them.
3)Ways to improve the Cabal. eg The recruit hopefuls. (How well they are doing, who looks worthy. Also talk on existing members, whether they hold their keep.
4) Off-topic talk on whatever.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
1) Tactics, training, and plans. These are like idea's and then postings saying how well they worked out. -- notes/tag/mock combat, forum doesn't do provide any additional benefits
2)General questions about certain cabal skills, and info on how to use them better since helpfiles are generally missing on them. -- notes, ask cabal imm, experiment, kinda what they're there for.
3)Ways to improve the Cabal. eg The recruit hopefuls. (How well they are doing, who looks worthy. Also talk on existing members, whether they hold their keep. -- That's what notes are for.

Sounds like what you're saying you want is an out of game method to check notes and stuff, because you can't take the time/risk to log on and do it in game. Fuck, if you really wanted, you could write the note before hand and then post it in game, quit out in 5 minutes. I won't even touch point 4.

From my experience with Heralds, the notes system does a good deal of what you want. Problem for you is you got a cabal to defend, and that you want the info without the risk. Kinda like the people who ask for who lists on aim.

<Hamp> of coures ghorvak gets off and taberagi logs on

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: figures

Yah figures you were in heralds, but just imagine this. If you could read all that crap, or get ideas for whatever on the herald postings. All heralds do anyways is just sit and read notes. That's why you're all about the note system. Well, when you actually have to do combat, You don't have time to scroll through a million notes to get maybe something that's useful.

Oh, by the way I know how bad you are when you do have to do combat.... *coughs* Ootneg the speedbag.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, when you actually have to do combat, You don't have time to scroll through a million notes to get maybe something that's useful.

You know, if you were active enough, it'd only be two or three notes a day. Oh, and for combat and cabals. Pretty sure I've had Justice, Legion, and Warlord -- so I know about notes and combat. I also know that Cabal isn't perma-fighting.

Just cuz you've had a perma-hide/steal 50 thief, doens't mean you're the shit. Just cuz you can kill a stone zerker 7 ranks down doesn't mean your the shit. Your idea is a waste of space.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Here's an idea

Don't bother talking to me because you had a bunch of useless characters that was in those cabals and quickly deleted after you couldn't hack it.
I had a thief, thief no less who was in the Dark Army pulling off some pretty resourceful stuff for a trash character and because of my success and so many people bitching about it, people like you, the warrior loving imms got rid of the whole stealth thing and every other little tactic I had away.

So don't talk to me about your crappy characters who got a glimpse of glory and deleted when they just ended up being a speedbag again. Why don't you just stick to Heralds for now and type a few notes and not bother posting on this forum.

P.s. Your just choked because not only do I dominate you in words on this forum, but My skillz as a player just totally beat you down like the cheese talking, slow minded, pathetic hack you are.

Oh and by the way, you post messages way more then me, and you suck on the game too.. so just stick to reading and posting notes as a herald.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject:

Rem. How about shut the fuck up?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject:

"Attack the post not the person". If you dont want to be banned follow the forum rules. This goes for everyone who offended here. I'll leave it there for now, consider this your courtesy warning.

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: my crappy 2 cents

I think actually that this would be a good idea. There is one thing, I "could" talk to ic but i'd be to embarresed, and it hasnt been brought up, I dont think. Cabal skills, were not allowed to talk about them on open forum, Theres a couple i can think of, I figured out now, but didnt, and had to do it on my own, cause i didnt want to ask anyone and look like an idiot. Shit like that, some new person joins knights, and needs to ask about these things. Or even legion, it would be a great learning tool for an early addict. Totally have to have the pass's tho, involved quite a bit of work. Would have to have some pretty willing participants. But like remmy put it, this post is getting alot of views, and only a little bit of negative feedback. and some good. Now I had to sit here and think about it, so alot of the positives have already been posted. And this isnt a patician, so its not like everyone who likes is going to come on here and say it(come on here and reply Wink jking) just the 2-3 ignent people who dont like the idea, prolly cause they really like the idea, just angry someone else thought of it, and u didnt

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Heh

Yah, sorry buds but after reading some other posts and what not, I figured out why a cabal forum just wouldn't work...

It's cause everyone who plays this game, is sooo involved OOC in like other forums or chatrooms or AOL chat or whatever, that the cabal forum thingy really has no need. It's cause everyone else is in a big OOC circle jerk, playing the politics of the game by licking nuts of whoever.

Heh, while we're on the topic of nuts..

Son: Daddy, if there was nuts on my wall what would that be?
Daddy: Well son, that'd be called Walnuts.

Son: Daddy, if there was nuts on my chest what would that be?
Daddy: well son, that'd be called chestnuts.

Son: Dad, if there were nuts on my chin what would that be? Would that be chinnuts?
Daddy: Oooh Hell no Son! That'd mean you're sucking a dick!

Heh, that little jokes on a ol rap song, can't remember who did that one.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject:

Justice status reports = GAY.

Just an off comment.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Hamp on this idea. As alot of cabal inner workings are already OOC, this would probably create an area for this to occure in a very controlled way. Most peoples argument seems to run along the lines of, "Its already OOC, why create more!?". Which, in and of itself, is a bit ludacris considering those lines of conversation are not monitered by anyone other than the NSA (down with spying! WOOT!).

To give cabal members a way to chat, about the game in a monitored enviroment would be an interesting experiment. Would also give guys like me a way to check notes and send IC notes from work or when we don't have time to log on, so that we can keep track of whats going on.

Make sure you take note that I said Experiment. As that is all it would be to me. Dav pointed out that favor seems to be pointing towards not doing this cabal forum bit. The proof would be in the pudding as I am sure anyone getting into a cabal would probably use it, contradicting themselves. Though only time and the forum actually being added would tell.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Twisted Evil Hmmm.... I actually think the idea of a cabal forum is a great idea.... That way you could tell people important things without wasting time on-game and other misc. crap. Save time and unecessary spatting on AR. In-game. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: