Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Thanksgiving Make a Wish Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Thanksgiving Make a Wish Thread

This is a thread for you to post something you really want to have added in Abandoned Realms. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee anything posted will eventually make it in AR, maybe because of too imbalanced suggestions, maybe because it'll be beyond my means (like too difficult to code), or just because someone strongly urges a veto. However I will accomodate the request if I decide it is reasonable, if I cannot do that, I will at least try to explain why (it might just be because its too early days in AR development to be able to implement that).

So here is the rules...

* You can only post once
* You can only make one wish
* You cannot make a wish that undoes someone elses, that will waste your wish

Looking forward to seeing what stuff you ask for. The deadline to post is thanksgiving.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
More lives for warlords.

We already have ways to give con quests, so I'm not sure what I can actually add to the code here. Going to pass.. maybe you can be more specific with the ideas at some point in the future. The necessary mechanics is already in the game. -Davairus

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Player thought, realm-wide quests that could be put forth in action by Immortals on a regular week/fortnight/monthly basis. The quests would span for a few days/a week until the plot is done/continued/twisted, succeeded by a new quest that would again involve players and immortals, so that people won't get weary of a particular quest.

(for example a "Capture the Chicken" hunt could be organised for chars with newbie flags on a fixed date etc)

Could bring variety to the only few things we do in AR (ranking/ganking/gambling).

Since you said "player thought" I guess this is up to you guys to get started on.. Heralds/Nobles spring to mind as people who got the spare time to run plots and quests. If you need an immortal to write a "NOTE TO ALL" to advertise an event then definitely we can do this for you. I dont think there's much more I need to do here. Will be waiting for you guys to get moving on it. -Davairus

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Some racial legacies for gnomes.

We add racial legacies in a manner that fits the other changes we are making, which has been combat modules. So that's why you haven't seen any for gnomes. We have just added another batch of racial legacies. When we roll around to things that influence magic, that will be the time to consider gnome racials.. -Davairus

0 0 0
Rolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
A racial legacy for drow shamans that improves mana regeneration.

See above.. we don't put racial legacies on top of unchanged code. Check out the brand new drow dark-knight legacies. -Davairus

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Fine, I understand what you were trying to fix when you made necro charmies flee when the master flees. To avoid the flee;run in;acid blast combo.

At the very least, make the charmies flee in the same direction of the master. You would think that there was a strong magical bond between them and they can sense which direction the master is running.

When you fixed the class, you went a tad too far, in my opinion. Just that little change, and I will be as happy as a clam.

We just made a change to rescue that lets the rescuer do a free round on the person that he's rescuing his target from, so try ordering your best zombie to rescue instead. I don't particularly want to add something to necromancers that's even stronger than what was taken away. -Davairus

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How about a lot more recial legacies in general.

Change the warlord duels back to stuns, maybe with more situations for deathmarks. I don't like the idea that someone is always going to die in a duel, makes less people want to fight them.

I'd rather leave the Warlord Code as it is for the time being, since its only JUST been renovated again. Its also supposed to be the most hardcore cabal, most Warmasters agreed that deaths would be for the best. -Davairus

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Some sort of balanced change to vulns... either:

A) Give EVERY race only one - including humans (also including sliths, minotaurs, half-elves, etc.)...

- OR -

B) Tone down the ones currently active.

The only current, largely exploitable ones (and ones which I see/hear complained about most often) are stone giant, and dwarf/duergar. Fire giants and gnomes don't even complain that much anymore, and stuff like elf/drow vulns don't really get much action anyway.

For example, humans could take a vuln to magic, as other races could be seen as having a closer tie to it due to their "mystical"/unique natures... or simply their longevity within Thera. I don't know the specifics, but I'd just like to see the bitching about this one stop.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Giants vulns has been somewhat addressed by the berserk/rage providing mental damage reduction. This penalizes cleric-type giants (where a vuln is needed) while favouring an aggressive style of play for their warrior counterparts. Dwarves dont do quite so bad as giants vs their vuln. -Davairus

0 0 0
Niladein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just give me the religions. All I want for christmas and thanksgiving is religions.

Alas.. I can't fulfill this wish yet. I feel your pain! -Davairus

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Since I can only vote once I would go for more racial legacies in general I liked the idea from the start and we only have them on a couple race/class combos. I think they add really nice twists and gives more of a reason to play certain race/class combos.

Looks like you got what you wanted and more besides Hamp. -Davairus

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Change cabal item retrieval to how it used to be. This means that in order to retrieve your item you run into opposing cabal, kill the item holder, and pick it up from the ground. It's hard as hell for a mage to solo a cabal guardian even if there is no one from the opposite cabal on, but if you change it to the way it was it's still tough coz someone can confine you while try to retrieve.

Oh, and wtf mate? Thanksgiving is in october!

I have something in the works here, but it won't be the same as the old method. By the way "Confine" does not work if you've stolen the enemy's item. -Davairus

0 0 0
fluffy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
umm...kalist...thanksgiving is in november. halloween is in october...

how about heralds not being bored legion punching bag?

There's only so much I can do for Heralds, and really I've already done an awful lot. Around 2001 or so all Heralds did was wrote notes to all and try to defend themselves with one crappy mantra skill. Since then..

- they are able to "literally" make books from scratch
- they can mass produce said books easily
- they have a tavern with bouncers to protect themselves
- they have the ability to detect if someone is a new player

I don't know what else I can do besides give them ability to watch everything other players do at this point. Might as well make them imms. -Davairus

0 0 0
Mathewcaps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It would be nice for there to be some way to tell how close someone is to their final fall. It could be the way they walk, or perhaps in their discription.

ex: Zanderic hobbles east.
Zanderic gimps west.

We already have that, its why people limp/crawl. -Davairus

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hmmm lets see how about bring the Psi's and druids back!!!!!!!

When I made this thread I made a promise that I would try to seriously consider anything that was posted no matter how ridiculous it got, as long as they followed the simple posting rules I gave. You, smotpoker, have failed at that reasonable request by wishing for both psis AND druids at once. So, I won't be taking this post into consideration. -Davairus

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hmmm.... For my old friend viggs, give thieves hellstream.

As you know, thieves have a bunch of new skills that if applied right, can do some very respectable damage. For example sidesteps and uncanny attacks are both pretty damn mean. It is as close as you are going to get to hellstream on thieves - invokers may have more freedom in casting for damage, but unlike thieves, they have to worry about keeping spells up in the background. This request is already fulfilled, in a round about way. -Davairus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Quiet Wanderer wrote:
Hmmm.... For my old friend viggs, give thieves hellstream.

This would quiet the dispute of Thieves being Gimped. Wink But not my wish.

I would have to agree with Mr. Smot, to bring back Druids and Psi's. Or at least Druids. Twisted Evil

If druids were ready to be put in then they would be put in. As it stands the druids are still ridiculous with staff/dodge/tornado/enhance damage. Its just not ready yet. Wishing won't get druids here any sooner than can be helped.. the class is broken, and its partly because there are other basic things that are in need of repair for the mud. Imms are well aware of the popularity of this class amongst players. -Davairus

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
For my record to be whiped clean so I can be free of the mistakes I made when I was a newbie.

We happen to treat all vets harsher when they break the rules anyway, so any of your newbie offences are irrelevant. Newbie treatment is given to newbies only, there's no chance of getting off lightly when a newbie is something you are not. -Davairus

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes yes!!! Hellstreaming Thieves!!!! HA
I would wish for some more new areas ,,,Is it just me or does the world seem small? Good night and have a pleasent tommorrow
Viggs

Done with Redhorne mountain already? Or is it that you're after some low level areas? I need something more specific here. -Davairus

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I want to be able to backstab with dual wielded spears again Sad

Eh.. backstab is dagger only so that its a little difficult to defend yourself after reducing him down to red health in one shot. ..keeps it from being too cheesy. Especially since spear is buffed and circumvents dodge more easily than other weapons now. Maybe wield a sword after backstabbing or something. Sword/dagger is as good a combo as dual wielded spears ever was before, it just requires a little effort. This is plain lazy. -Davairus

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Autogrammer for emotes or a way to check and see your pose.

Not sure what you meant by autogrammared emotes.. other than applying a period at the end. As for pose.. check "SCORE" after posing in the future.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: