Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Bring back religions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bring back religions?
No! Keep it the way it is now!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
YES! Bring them back! And soon!
92%
 92%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 28

Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Bring back religions?

Whats the vote? Bring them back or not? I got into AR after religions and would like to see them brought back. It seem like it could be a cure for people griping for new cabals. Join a religion if your class can't be in a cabal!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject:

AR's never had religions. There were tattoos, but that's hardly a religion. I'd LOVE to see religion happening, with specific beliefs/codes of ethics etc...

But not as a cabal alternative, just something that you can choose or not..

My domokun ate my homework..

DomokunDomokunDomokun

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I had heard they had religions, I was mis-informed apparently. And would n't it be awesome though. It'd add more depth to roleplay definitely. But there would need to be a diverse amount of them, to cover for the different races and things that go into making a character. Now the question would be, do the religions get skills of their own, or just fancy titles?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Religions and Tattooes were connected. Myria's tattoo was for those who believed in the New Order. The lion's paw was for those who believed in Ashandira, etc.

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject:

The New Order was no way a regligion! It was much more like a cabal, there were no belief structures etc...

As for Red-a-Lion? Can't say I ever learned he had a religion thing going on, but I went to his Immortal home. He had wolf cubs. They were cute.

0 0 0
Neonin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
As for Red-a-Lion? Can't say I ever learned he had a religion thing going on, but I went to his Immortal home. He had wolf cubs. They were cute.

Lucan: Wow!!!!

I remember that hehe. Yes I started a sort of religion thing called the Ashandira, linked to a code of Honour. The wolfs paw (not lions) was the tattoo, but I unfortunately left not long after starting it and it fizzled out.

Don't you guys read the forum? I've seen various Imms (Burz, Dav) say religions are due a comeback just don't ask when.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Neonin wrote:
Don't you guys read the forum? I've seen various Imms (Burz, Dav) say religions are due a comeback just don't ask when.

Hehe. I thought it was funny that there has been no immortal comments on such a pressing issue. Good to see someone else noticed too.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Religions will add to roleplay, definitely, but we need to have some sort of slight advantages to having them, and have certain restrictions based on race/class. That's the bugger right there for the imps, or so I think. Like Paladins would have to belive in a god of light, DKs a god of death/destruction, and wordy Heralds would have to worship Burzuk.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Why does it have to add to anything other than roleplay? Everytime something gets voted on it's for getting some sort of "power" and whatnot. Of course it's cool to have something like that with you, but I'm sure such tatoos and religions were based on common ideas and/or goals, not to gain powers and whatnot.

I'm not saying I'm SO against getting power benifits from these things. But it's really more of a covenant, or oath-like alliance between each other of the same tatoo and whatnot, isn't that why it's there?

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm talking almost useless things here.
Like with goodies having a certain god that lets them detect evil, and a mage god with detect magic, and these things can be called upon every 12 hours or so without mana charge. These are extremely slight things. And it would add to unique roleplay. Would make cabal wars a bit more common...

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah... Or maybe race specific religions that would give them some slight bonus along those lines. Maybe like some of the smaller spells such as the detections and what not. Or possibly a unique ability for the religion, or some sort of EQ? I'm not talking hellstream or red dragon type stuff, just something OK that would be unique to that religion. And possibly have rival religions pitted against each other?

0 0 0
Dark Elf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject:

what about both? the tats and the religions. religions for all race class combos and tats for excellent players? just a thought

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject:

I don't remember it being that long ago that we last said religions were approaching the final stages of dev, but there's a rather cumbersome bottleneck we're working through in the mean time, that must be dealt with first. Once the pig passes through the python, you will start seeing changes/additions to tertiary stuff like religions etc.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
AR's never had religions. There were tattoos, but that's hardly a religion. I'd LOVE to see religion happening, with specific beliefs/codes of ethics etc...

But not as a cabal alternative, just something that you can choose or not..

My domokun ate my homework..

DomokunDomokunDomokun

I actually agree with you, religions would bring another roleplay into ar, and open up a whole new aspect to the game... There would be wars over...
You say 'Bow before Stryth the mighty creator!'
Gygh says 'Bow before me, the mighty creator!'
You say 'I hate you!'

assa gygh

You +++ASSASSINATE+++ Gygh!
Gygh is DEAD!
You gain 1 experiance point for your pathetic kill.

it would open up alot of roleplay things, like crusades, wars, and quests probably... Please Dav? I'll give you a dollar. Yes? No? Maybe?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Blood_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Uh..yeah...

I think what they mean by bonuses is like what Rhastam..Resatimm..Ritase...one of his chars..had a circle..no..was it Aeva..damn...maybe it was...eh, who cares, it was a circle of thorns or something, it randomly cast poison which rarely worked, and cure light, so like...

A circle of thorns tightens, spilling a drop of blood.
You feel a little better.

It was something like that..

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject:

Fairly sure that tattoo cast vampiric touch.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject:

No, we didn't have religions, per se, but if you notice, most of the old tattooes were designed after one god or another, which is pretty close to a religion. Myria had an organization, Myria being an Immortal. That's the basis of religion, honing to a set of beliefs laid down by a priest or diety. The big problem with this approach is that we don't really view the Immortals in the game as gods. They're Administration, and really should be labled that perhaps.

The religions, far as I know, will have NPC gods, which may be controlled by Imms now and then, who knows.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject:

Good to know. any chance or idea on the relase dates? I relaize the staff works hard, but it's kinda like waiting for a christmas gift, you get anxious

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Good to know. any chance or idea on the relase dates?

No.

Our discussions of changes in progress are intended to inform you that we are aware of existing problems, that's all. No dates of completion are promised or otherwise implied.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: