Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

AR Merchandise!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

AR merchendise, good or bad?
Hell Yeah!! (How am I living without it!)
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Its an okay Idea..
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Not interested.
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
AR does not run my life anymore!!! (no way)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Saegen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: AR Merchandise!!

Who, other than me would love to bask in the glory of there now T-shirt?
"welome to abandoned realms"
"you will never be the same"
Or a nice hat or figure or something like that? You could walk down the street and see someone else with the same shirt or something on of AR and see taht your not alone.. *chuckles* Is this a good idea? I for one would love some sort of clothing (mostly a hoodie) with something of AR on it. You could use the profit to purchase web advertising for the game.. or whatever your heart desires.. I just want the hoodie!!! (with a spider blade on it!!) *cackles evily*

Give input on if you would like this or not, or what you would like and some saying for shirts (likes posts and stuff.) CRITICISE AWAY!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

I'm digging this. Some clever "clean" phrases would be absolutely amaaaazzzing and we could get a sweet logo or somthing.

Now I'm all pumped for this.

Curse you.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject:

I'm game. Family owns a t-shirt buisness and such. We can make hoodies, hats, whatever. If you want something, and so long as the IMPs approve me using AR and such, i'll make 'em. Lemme know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject:

I want a famous phrases on ar shirt

"I don't think Pooh-ba assists."
"oh, they aren't aggressive."
"I'll tank."
"evermore? Psaw."
"Immortals aren't listening."
"It's just red dragon"....

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject:

I think a Resatimm action figure would kick supreme ass.

"Now with dung-throwing arm action!"

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject:

AR wasn't started for profit and I have no intention of dealing with other people's money. My only request is that any money raised from use of the "Abandoned Realms" label goes back into the game itself somehow rather than remaining in one person's pocket. Since AR's server is already being paid for, it's up to you guys to decide what's best to do with whatever money you raise: advertising, funding player-run webpages, booking a place for a meetup, etc.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject:

Buy an Immortal an enema today! Only YOU can clean their rectums.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject:

In the spirit of aiding the trip, the money I gain from this will be pooled to help those who need tranportation here get here, and rent areas for the proposed meeting. If you have any ideas of what you want, send me an email JHart06@gmail.com. One of my friends can also possibly airbrush what you order, though that will add some time on. The cost I quote will not have anything like shipping tacked on. Sound good?

---edit---
I dont' post set prices because those dpeend on size and design complexity. Most of it is about 8-20 bucks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject:

This brings up a really good issue of advertisement for the realms. I may start another poll or post for this, but AR needs something more than people just trying to remember to vote everyday. Even if everyone votes everyday, we're still just banking on it working solely from people going to one of those mud sites and seletings AR based on its ranking. Not that that won't help, but some new ideas about getting the name out could help...

This clothing idea could be cool. How many other muds have them? Non-profit, non mmorpgs, that is. There could be some, donno of any.

Heh, this is kind of vague.. but.. they need to be cool. And that's really hard to explain... but, the clothing I'm more apt to wear is mostly blank with a small logo or phrase off-center. No big picture of necromancers/paladins, no esoteric phrase like, "I don't think he assists..".. I liked that one about "You'll never be the same..", or maybe some well known something or other like, "Abandon all hope ye who enter here," with a small AR insignia/logo.

My only point is we need more advertising ideas to get more players, and this sounds pretty cool.

Sweet.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how to make a web add to bring new players here? I recall post about how the ad would look, maybe we could go with that and put all the money toward it. My main goal with this idea was (other than a sweet hoodie) to get new players to come. I mean if you had a sweet hoodie or shirt and someone else seen it on you in public.. They would ask how you got it.. ANd you could warn them about our addiction! All profit I would like to go towards the game in some way.

To Burzek.. email me at kiki_2_2000@yahoo.com and we could go over the ideas for what the game may need or could use to create a greater playerbase.

Thanks for the replys all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject:

what about a shirt that has some kind of scene or graphic but all in text, like as a testament to our devotion to text over graphics

i have also been thinking of making shirts like this a while ago.. like going around with <PK> on your chest.. ppl would go wtf !? haha.. would be a riot.. or if it said.. [WARLORD]

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Great idea!! I love the <PK> one.. keep the ideas coming..

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I like the <PK> idea as well, as well as cabal names (Heralds included, yo!)

I like the text-picture idea as well.

But seriously....That <Pk> thing is just splendid. I shall keep thinking of the ideas. (because I keep seeing mine already up here....)

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:

heheh.. yea its kinda a hip idea, never mentioned it cus i really did want to look into making tshirts and surprising you guys with it.. but never had the time..

another idea.. screen print on your favorite ar comic

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

This may be lame, but what about..

Some quote at top right, one that has some relation to the mud (why I suggested "Abandoned all hope ye who enter here", but it can be anything not esoteric to the mud), with something below, like..

Abandoned all hope, ye who enter here
<PK> Abandoned Realms
or
<PK> [Legion/Cabal]
or just
[Cabal]

My suggestion would be to go for more simplicity.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

* t-shirts with AR comics printed on them (frog/chicken legions would sell)
* mugs with chatphrases like "thk" and "HAWAHT!"

"I went to Winter and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Winter
"I am not the One"

telnet://abandonedrealms.com 9000 (shameless advertising on t-shirt can turn out to be kinda cool)

a comic/picture with 3 different people, a comparison between a person who plays warcraft, a person who plays poker, and a person who plays AR

<worn on torso> a tshirt that says.. <worn on torso>

<worn on torso> a clean white Abandoned Realms t-shirt

He/She is standing here, wearing a white t-shirt with some writing on it. It looks like it has some description of a game called Abandoned Realms on it. He/she has dark brown hair and stands at about 5'10''... (and so on, basically someone can look at you and read your description, rather than just looking at you. kind of a paradoxical way of looking at someone)

a picture of some hot chick in the real world, and her self image in the mud world.. an axe wielding super chick in leather. or maybe some super hot chick who plays a gruesome ogre-woman in the game.

Justices in jet fighters or x-wings, and talking to each other in their ridiculous intercom lingo

i would be interested in drawing stuff for cool tshirts tho not sure how much time i can devote to it ,maybe i'll make some designs... for now check it out haha

http://www.cafepress.com/llee00

hm actually i think the female tops could look pretty cute on someone. what would be hillarious is if AR players made their wives/girlfriends wear one and all take pictures and share them on the forum.

Last edited by Louis on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Or as a shoutout to bistal we could have a shirt that says:
'melons'
Or on the front 'thk.' and on the back 'f*cksta'

<PK> is sweet.

Another funny T-shirt idea:

On the front of the shirt put: Naugroth walks in.

On the back: The Temple of Balance

or You are DEAD!!

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:

yeah or like

Someone walks in.
Someone flies in.
Someone lumbers in.
Someone walks in.
Someone walks in.
Someone walks in.

and on the back, You are a ghost. As long as you don't attack anything.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject:

HA!! The <PK> thong is hilarious.

Quote:
a picture of some hot chick in the real world, and her self image in the mud world.. an axe wielding super chick in leather. or maybe some super hot chick who plays a gruesome ogre-woman in the game.

I like this one (work with me here):

FRONT: A picture of the back of a computer monitor, computer sitting on a desk, with the top of a girl's head barely visible above the monitor (just hair or something). A phrase written above it, something like "Don't you just hate meeting people online that don't look anything like how they describe themselves?"

BACK: Side-shot of hot chick sitting at the computer, with a zoom-in picture of the screen:

Code:
Your description:

Blah blah blah, ugly troll chick with warts and hairy moles, lots of scars, etc.

I can TOTALLY see it in my head, maybe on a black T-shirt with white writing. Don't know if it's described as well as I'm imagining it, but I think it'd kick ass.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: