Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

An idea about records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: An idea about records

Hello people,

I think that it is becoming clear that some people have been abusing the new 'pk total shown after characters death' record thing and have been padding like crazy around rank 35 - 40 or so nicheing.

Nicheing has of course always been around and probably always will, however with the addition of records I think it may have now become worse.

As an idea to perhaps help counter this I was thinking that the record system could be expanded on a little, maybe show the kills/deaths total for the character when they were under rank 50 and then show their kills/deaths AFTER they hit 50.

I think most people would agree that when a character hits 50 and does well then that is a decent character, as opposed to the ones who either stay at lower ranks killing everybody.

It might give more incentive to people to rank to 50 and it would give people at 50 even more incentive to fight. Also, if you know that your character is simply a lowbie killer and when you get to 50 you cant hack it and get slaughtered, then we all get the chance to poke fun at you when you delete.

Ive no idea if this is a good idea or even could be implemented, but its an idea nontheless.

Flame awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject:

If you can wait a few days, you'll see that we've already been working on a solution the "PK record padding" problem. It will deal with more than just the 35-40 niche, additionally covering other PK record issues such as excessively picking on large level differences, multikilling, etc.

Parts of the system have actually already been implemented (and have already affected PK padders, unbeknownst to them), but the full announcement will be made after everything's in.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Wooohoo! Thats great!

Looks like you guys are one step ahead of me Razz

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Idea on different kind of records - show your personal highest damage when hit, so when you do something like this:
Code:
Your chakera strike <<<ERADICATES>>> a beggar! You've broken your personal damage record.

Make the damage thing in bold, so you know it's not part of the duel if you're in a PK situation. It sounds kind of retarded, but I was playing on this other MUD, and I always felt cool when that message came up. It would also add to PK stories - "Yeah, dude - we were both down to awful, I parried everything he had coming, and the I broke my damage record on him. What a loser!"

I dunno if that's what you're going for, but I think it sounds cool.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes, let's encourage the players who only want to see how high they can get their damroll to.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject:

your energy drain does UNSPEAKABLE things to an eddie!

vuln negative or something.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject:

*shrugs helplessly*

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: