Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Should I be mostly inactive cabal player? Or just go solo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Read the post first.
Should I go for Knights?
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Should I accept the fact that I would be a very inactive character and just go sans cabal?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Should I be mostly inactive cabal player? Or just go solo?

As many of you should know, I'm in the Navy as a submariner. My boat has just recently come out of drydock and now is an active, forward-deployed boat. During my holiday stand-down and leave I created what, so far, has been my most enjoyable character to date. And he has also been a knight squire, though I won't say who.

My problem is this. Big Navy still wants our boat to go out on deployment as schduled, despite many major delays in the shipyard. I didn't realize this, or get to see our ship's schudule, until I got off of leave. This means major deployment work-ups for a very rusty crew. And this means that for the next several months I will spend more time at sea than in port. In just the next two months I have a whole week and a half in port during which I can play AR.

This means I cannot devote as much time as I want to in AR. And if I got accepted into Knights (and I think my prospects are good), that I would have a very inactive knight, even though I would make the most out of the time I do have. Mostly inactive cabal members are generally frowned apon. Due to the heavy at-sea schudle though, I have no choice.

Should I go ahead and make a Knight, knowing very well I will be an extremely inactive Knight? Or should I just revoke my squireship and go solo and make the best out of what little time I have on AR? Note that I'm a long-term AR player who has never been in a "real" AR cabal. (call me a slow learner, I just havn't been a very good PKer. Though this character I think has been at least averege.)

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject:

Any reasons behind the 5 anonymous nos?

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:

I suppose the most common reason is that up-and-coming lightwalkers are going to want a spot in Knights, so they'd prefer that all available spots be open. Of course, rarely are cabals full at any one time.

Then again, several months ain't too bad. I kept Homi pretty much on the shelf for nearly three months, and nobody complained. Then again, Knights are far, far more important than Nobles. So long as you definitely promise to be back in a few months, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Inactive chars, I think, are typically criticized because no one knows what the hell is going on with them, and they're shirking their duties.

You, on the other hand, have a good reason for being gone, and we know you'll definitely be back (assuming your word is solid).

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject:

I say go for it div! Usually what other guy said would make sense (leave spot open for other lightwalkers) but at the moment that's not exactly an issue. I say join knights and play the hell out of your char. It's pretty much up to the Imms if they induct you, knowing about your schedule before hand. If they induct you and it winds up knights get full, they can always uninduct you or just induct another guy while you are away.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject:

listen to kalist, he is a smart man.. i accidently voted wrong.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

Ignore Kalist and Clifton!

Go solo man! That way you can just do whatever you want! None of this log on, your cabal is attacked, blah blah blah! You can fight if you want, chill if you want, practice if you want... so much better if you aren't into putting a lot of extensive playing time into your char.

Note: I do not say go solo because he would be taking up a Knight slot. I just think solo is better for the less committed (such as about 90% of my chars)

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Hilemal

Go solo and try to get outcasted by your last day Razz

Or go for knights. It's a game, have fun playing it.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject:

Couple things div. I think that #1 you shouldnt have come to the forum. I think your char is your char, and thus you should play him how you feel. But you know, its also your char so if you feel like playing him and asking other ARers what to do...Well whatever.

Anyways I think that you should *remain* a squire. Write a note, that you would like to spend more time as a squire in order to obtain the proper knowledge about the Knights. That you are going away in to the mountains to relay the proper message to the people who may not have heard your personal belief system. I think that you should play it off as roleplay, and that you should not be inducted into Knights, for the lack of playing time, but also keep your chances of getting in solid, rather than going all or nothing.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Go for it!

I know I am no one important, but I think you should go for the Knights. It would be nice to see someone who probably knows a thing or two about roleplaying around. So go for it man!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: