Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Idea: Cabals and Money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Idea: Cabals and Money

I've been thinking of how to push money through the cabals more, which would eventually reward activity. So I'll put each money idea with each cabal:

Knight: Knights aren't as needy for money as they live all the goodness of blah blah. Basically I cannot think of a money cabal implement for them.

Legion: Those that purchase protection do so due to either suggestion, or fear. So, credit the reason for protection purchase to the corresponding Legionaire. If you buy protection so you don't have to deal with <LegionA> or were suggested by <LegionB>, at Vinnie you would buy protection <Legionaire>. It gives you normal protection, but just gives the specific Legionaire credit for your purchase.

Half the protection money will go in the <Legionaire's> bank account. I think half is good because it will hopefully not be abused that way instead of all the money going into their account.

Justice: Those that are quick enough to buy off the wanted flag before their death, their money (all or half) should be credited to the account of the Justice that flagged them.

I know not many buy off wanted flag, maybe someone can eventually go deeper, but I'll keep it moving.

Warlord: This is more entertainment to the public. Since there's an arena, why not charge a small fee for people to watch the amazing battle tactics of the Warlord cabal? This will give incentive to draw a large crowd to watch, the larger the crowd, the better the pay. Newer people to AR like pk, even though they aren't good at it, so what better than find a way second hand to learn? All participants split the money.

The Juggernaut can handle the money and announce anything like who's paid and so on. The small fee is to watch(this is what participants get), but this can escalate into the viewers placing bets to make money on the victory, but that's more implementation. If it gets greatly popular and don't wish to squeeze a bunch of people in one room, you can add rooms around the outside of the arena that have Juggernauts in them purely to report in that room only and handle bets(original Juggernaut is only one that yells the victories).

The time a warlord must wait to be able to initiate battle may be able to be implemented into the time potential spectators can come to watch (or it can be linked to something completely different), (like when Rimath announces when an item has been submitted for auction)

It will give Warlords that Gladiator feel, and the more active members will be rewarded with money in theory. You can set the proper safe precautions for that so it doesn't get abused or anything. Like a set betting challenge prevents anyone from entering any way or leaving the arena in any way. Possibly make it "non city" area, like when the real gladiaor spectators would leave town and walk miles to see the matches.

It has much potential. Even starting it's own channel for the spectators (participants can't hear it, but only the spectators in the juggernaut rooms can) to banter each other during the battle.

Whatcha think?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

I've always thought you should be able to place bets on arena duels. Like boxing matches in Vegas. Much like the auctions, upcoming battles could be announced globally so bets could be taken.

Of course, a portion of the profits could go to the Warlords themselves.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Yah

I think It's a good idea.. really good idea. As for the knights, well, they don't need money as much anyhow because they can beg for all their equipment from all the creatures around the realms. And I stress BEG.

Lightwalkers in my opinion are all a buncha panhandlers.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Knight: Knights aren't as needy for money as they live all the goodness of blah blah. Basically I cannot think of a money cabal implement for them.

I don't see how anyone can need money any more then anyone else, and Lightwalkers are nowhere near panhandlers Remmenon.

I have an Idea for the Knight cabal. There could be a jousting arena built in or near Valour, and the Knights could hold jousting tournaments against each other, it could be treated much like the warlord one Amdorin and divsky came up with. And Im not any good at coming up with ideas of how to code it to make it even or whatever but your strengt could affect on how hard you hit the other, deciding on wether you knock him off his horse or not, dex could affect your accuracy, so you hit him or even hit his head? and armor class could affect how good you are on staying on your horse? And it should be set up in a point system, one point for a hit, two for a hit to the head, three for knocking them off thier horse?

Just an idea, consider it

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject:

Shocked Very Happy bassball, you're awesome. Let's just add this to the Samurai and Goblins list.

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Idea: Cabals and Money

Amdorin wrote:

Justice: Those that are quick enough to buy off the wanted flag before their death, their money (all or half) should be credited to the account of the Justice that flagged them.

Could be a little suspect. Immoral judges fining people large amounts, or not chasing down wanted criminals, hoping to gain some money from them paying off the flag.

On the other hand, the Justices are the only cabal in AR that actually do a job, if you know what I mean. Considering this is the case, and that they keep Seringale safe for lowbies, why not pay them a wage? 2000 gold for every real time hour they log on, or something. With the wage increasing by 1000 for every extra cabal-rank.

It would encourage activity. Maybe.

The knights' money cabal implementation should be the nobles, but I'm not sure exactly how that works. But the Knights do have the most defined subordinate cabalgroup in AR, I think. Permanent members there to support the Knights' effort. With the Nobles having little to do but newbie chat and rank squires, they should be the ones funding the knights - no extra code necessary.

And as for Warlords...how about them charging newbies for fighting lessons? Very Happy

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Well I added the fine system precisely so that Justices wouldnt get money from fining people anymore. They still get to keep peoples money when they apprehend. If you guys actually preferred the Justices to get your money..why would you ask for fine command... *boggle*

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: