Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Latest batch of cabal changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

The rank cap was put in specifically so that those applicants can be "siphoned" out, if they get their asses kicked they probably shouldn't bother joining..

If they manage to hold out they're decent first promotion material, if they kick some ass they're definitely going to get double promoted in no time... and if they kick ass, and can still RP good i think they're on to rank 2 promotion fast.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah...thanks for responses. Trying to get this to a place I no longer care to mess with too much seems to be taking a while, here's latest tweaks:-

Knight: - as you know they adopted an OATH system which means they need anti-evils skills more than anti-anathema ones. Although some anti-anathema ones are still nice. Anyway, unoathed evils that kill Knights go on the roll sheet, and the highest ranking player on the roll sheet is a "free" anathema due to his public enemy number 1 status. Deaths should relegate him til he kills again, worked in testing. I know this is going to get some tweaks again later, since there's stuff like Clawron nearly topping it without even being active.

Legion: - no change

Justice: - no change

General - capturing favored cabal item (skull for Knights, cross for Legion) result in experience bonus for everyone in the cabal. So get that done first, then go ranking. In theory. If you are off ranking it is easier for the enemy to retrieve too, so its unlikely you'll keep it too long. Counter-productive to keep on raiding in fact.

Conversely having lost cabal item no longer results in 0 xp, its just greatly reduced exp. If youre going to exp for a long time you wont want to do it this way, that's offering a lot of resistance. But there are occasions where you might want to squeeze off your last 1k to rank or something.

Also I figured I would give a special mention to Gasteride change, which isnt near darkhaven anymore, its closer to Timaran. There are some decent mid-to-high level re-equipping items in there which Legions will probably want, and keepers definitely want later. Look into that.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Regarding anathema, when you are autoattacked by a Valour mob, are you supposed to be able to kill it in one hit? This works for some but not for others. There are enough of them (and they have enough hp) to make it near impossible for an anathema to make his way through Valour. Just wondering if this is broken (aka, should be able to decapitate all with one hit) or if it is intended in its current fashion (decapitate some but not others).

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I think it depends on your rank and the buffest ones cannot be one-hit-killed even at 50.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
Regarding anathema, when you are autoattacked by a Valour mob, are you supposed to be able to kill it in one hit? This works for some but not for others. There are enough of them (and they have enough hp) to make it near impossible for an anathema to make his way through Valour. Just wondering if this is broken (aka, should be able to decapitate all with one hit) or if it is intended in its current fashion (decapitate some but not others).

Once youre 50 I think it should just be Arishel, and noble summons..

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Just a few tweaks, to address some cheeses:

* if you capture an item and call a henchman, with nobody from the enemy in pk, owning a henchman has a gold upkeep. Straight out of your personal bank. so, if you want to dick with lowbies, you still can. Question is are you willing to pay for it.
* should be able to actually attack henchman yourself now..
* counter added to altar guards, since they dont aggro after attacking, and I dont want people flee/murdering that.
* henchman cool-down now applies on released/dead instead of on calling, so you get the breather you're supposed to if you kill one (and remember when they try sitting at door guard with it, its their gold being drained not yours)
* issue with fast repopping door guard has been taken care of - introduces a new viable strategy to whack the enemy door guard before they can secure your item with it. Also makes it easier to actually kill that for the bonus of no confinement.
* no more damnations for quit
* ENLIST now allows at least 1 mob for all retrieve situations

HELP CABAL WARFARE updated again.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

So no more damnations for quit, is there any repucussions for quitting without regaining your cabal item? Maybe just make it so that you don't get damned if you quit ghosted. That way people have to eat their death if it's coming instead of just quitting out.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:

Perhaps you are overlooking how one-sided things are. These things are more justifiable when the odds are even (or less).

edit : Imms can still damnation people if they want to.. its just not auto.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:

* scourge changed significantly

Details: it affects both parties involved. That's about all I want to say, if you want to know more get contracted.

* cannot oath/protected together

Details: oath will be blocked if presently protected, since you have to die your way out of that, but oath will break into anathema if buying protected, since you can already just attack someone with that to shake it..

Also:
* the ability UNINDUCT now works on offline cabal characters, so inactive boots will get done quicker no doubt

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah that way there might open up i don't know, two three four five six seven eight nine, spots for justice? shit my hands are shaking i just ate an entire pound of cookie doe...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Also:
* the ability UNINDUCT now works on offline cabal characters, so inactive boots will get done quicker no doubt

My prayers have been answered...

Here's a quick "heads-up" to anybody playing an inactive Justice:

If SIGNIFICANT time isn't logged on your Justice character soon (I won't specify what "significant" consists of, or how long "soon" refers to), consider them gone.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

Very Happy

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

pwnt significantly.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the days of WOWing justices are over?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:

Valour Most Wanted Roll sheet changed:

-10 people only
-kill 3 to get you on it
-die to leave /drop places (unless you killed a lot which means you can't drop places)
public enemy #1 spot is an anathema.

Also for anathemas..

Killing noble = anathema is now totally removed. You can just pad them up the roll sheet instead of something. Roll sheet-based flags are much more appropriate for Valour than copying Legion's vendetta style. Attacks in palace still cause it, but I might just phase it out and let the roll sheet handle it (I havent yet). Also nobles can pardon people off the roll sheets. I'm sorry if present Lightwalkers dont like that, my bad for initially creating it in a manner which appeals to the wrong type of people.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

I'm not WOWing, I just hate dahlin. Prick.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

God damn it Astinor, I thought you were gonna word.
Anyway, if you do want to WOW, I got your back. Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Its been possible for people sit in City Hall without paying "intruder" fines, hold out for the last possible instant to pay while the Justice catches up from halfway across the town, then write a complaint note to Justice when the inevitable happens. This wasn't a problem before, when we were allowing special guards to initiate on intruders in town, and went un-noticed until recently when some Knight thought of it.

Hence..Update for Justice:

If you need to pay a fine/flag, the place to do that is now at the *new* Executioner mob on Gallow hill. You'll walk out the north gate, into the unprotected zone and pay your fine/flag off there. This way, there's no more baiting with intruder, although everyone who pays a fine for a more conventional reason loses out a bit, since they could have paid them protected before. Hopefully that isn't too much trouble.

I chose this solution for its minimal impact on the current operation of the cabals. Other options were, booting Justices for gimp reason w/ booting Knight for underhandness (considering the past history of cabals and deletes, its obvious where thats going), alternatively yet another complete overhaul for intruder fines (more crap to re-learn), alternatively allowing special guards to attack intruders again (sucks for everyone else)... etc.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

New command for criminals, to use at the new executioner:

Quote:
'SURRENDER'
Syntax: surrender

Criminals may surrender at the executioner on Gallow Hill to
expediate the apprehension process. Surrending to the executioner
will result in a quick confiscation and execution. Normal confiscation
limits will be followed by the executioner, although there is no
discretion.

Note:
Do not store items somewhere "safe" before surrendering. This is
a violation of the game rules - see HELP SUICIDE.

This replaces the plea-bargain mechanism of turning one's self in, which is another thing that has led to grief, deletions, and bans in some cases.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

If a fully rared knight was wanted and planned on turning himself in, would it be against the rules for him to give another knight all of his rares and then go turn himself in - if previously rared Knight didn't take his equipment back after? If he can't give all of his rares away, can he give over a few?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: