Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 23 hours.

The new generation of Knights and Legion

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will dominate AR?
Knights
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Legion
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: The new generation of Knights and Legion

Well we all remember the old Legions.. Thkot, Rolf, Tx, and all the old Knights, Prastin, Navatar, Jermayn..

But if you havn't noticed, most of them are gone. And since then both Legions and Knights have been fairly inactive. Until recently. A new wave of Knights (Adeiwin, Jaran, and Iriqeous, just to name a few of them) and Legions (Ulf, Jakurajaki, Rodeurs) have just been inducted and it seems like we're looking at the next generation of Knights and Legions.

So, in the long-run, who do you think will come out on top? The Knights or the Legions?

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Dunno, should be interesting. Short term possibly Legion, although there seemed to be TONS of Knights on today, so if they can keep up the activity and numbers the Knights will do well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

The winner will have the crap kicked out of them by Justice.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: I've seen the future.

I've seen how some of the knights operate and it's pretty bad. What I've seen is they toss their bodies at you, like a star crazy teenager, get killed, and then after gather a few pieces of mithril and whatever and try to do it again... (sarcasm part up next) except this time for somereason they think they'll beat the guy they beat before because now they' re missing all their good equipment, but Geez, the mithril stuff is waaay better then what they had before.(sarcasm over) It's almost like their plan is to pile up enough bodies, so the Legionnaires maybe might trip over one of them and the knights'll get a lucky hit in. I mean some of the knights I've seen might as well be permanent ghosts because they show up, and whamo, one way ticket to ghost town, population, them. On the other hand yah, Dav has a good point, Justice will beat down whoever.

Justice is like the equalizer. They kinda pop in and beat down whoevers in the lead.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Remmenon, I am sooo excitied to kill your current char. Over and over and over and over.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Well from what I'm seeing Knights is loading up with mages/laggers and thats damn fucking dangerous. I mean its hard to rank that but once you get it set up and lagged dirt/dispel/hellstreaming the other guys, its over for anyone in any suit of eq. Legion has.. how many mages? None. How many laggers? A few guy who can trip. They're pretty much filling with survivable classes, which is great for people who play without cabals, or the usual 1 on 1, but they dont synergize as good in groups. Knights playing style will work when they pinnacle, and Legions will be deathly scared of anathema. Thats my thoughts. Course, people will probably just delete before it blossoms.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Course, people will probably just delete before it blossoms.

Lol.. Sad That makes me feel bad. I'd probably delete even before I hit level 2, cus I just remembered my char 1 wasn't maxrolled. Heeh

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I think Knight and Legion should forget about fighting eachother and just both try to beat down the evil Justice empire.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject:

My money is on Legion. Ulf is going to own all the knights.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

I'd like to point out a few things.

Who is there sitting at 50 to pk the shit out of the Knights leveling up? Jaimoa? Wow. If anything, there's half a dozen level 50's helping them.

Who is there sitting at 50 to pk the shit out of the Legion leveling up?
A lot of people, myself included. Who's there to help the Legion level up? Once again, Jaimoa. Wow. They are so screwed. Ulf is probably the only one who'll hit 50.
This is gonna be harsh, but in a way that's harsh for someone else, and not for me. The thing cabals had going for them recently was the induction process. Level to 50, THEN get inducted. Now it's level to 45, hit 50's range, watch as they run and sit in your cabal and have their way with you when you go to defend. I'm all for it though, makes it more dramatic when the balance of power tips to the other end, cause the underdog came out on top. It just might be a few batches of Legion before it happens. Though all the Knights seem to be newbies, so maybe they'll slip up and botch the whole operation.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Dude, didn't even think about that. Aren't the Knights kind of the newb cabal , though? Legions are a little more hard-core I thought.

0 0 0
Nero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Um, I believe you're thinking of Heralds being for newbs. How could the Knights be a newb cabal going against the more hardcore Legion? I think you'll find that Legion attracts more of the 'hardcores' as you have much more 'freedom' of action within Legion, than you do in Knights...or something.

And remember...balance will always shift. That's the great thing about this game, it doesn't matter who holds the balance at any given moment...it is designed to swing both ways at the drop of a hat.

0 0 0
The_Dark_Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
balance will always shift. That's the great thing about this game, it doesn't matter who holds the balance at any given moment...it is designed to swing both ways at the drop of a hat.

so in other word who ever holds the power dont drop the hat

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

This is the List of noob to hardcore

Herald
Warlord
Justice
Knight
Legion

Heralds, you dont pk. You can be a noob and still write well.

Warlord, you cant be a big man if youarent any good, but alot of noobs start this out after they hit their 'I want in a cabal' stage.

Justice, you learn to track, you have protection in the town and shit.

Knight, A more controlled pk environment, you have friends that you know are friends that cant and wont backstab you.

Legion, Pk Environment. You have enemies and guys who arent enemies right then.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

We have some cabals more noob-friendly than others but that doesnt make them 'noob cabals'.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: If you meant..

If you meant killing my already leveled up guy.. Bepodo.. Then go for it, I'll whoop yah.

Look at my record.. *gulp*

*Note to self.. Hope no one knows who my char is... *

0 0 0
Rolfy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Remmenon wrote:
whamo, one way ticket to ghost town, population, them.

rofl. dude, ur a whacko.. how awesome. hit me up on AIM, BeastODaEast28, i got an interesting proposition for u.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

This is obviously true, so why don't Legion and Knight cabals gang up on Justice? Or is that impossible?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Kessor Natul wrote:
Davairus wrote:

This is obviously true, so why don't Legion and Knight cabals gang up on Justice? Or is that impossible?

Uh, that's pretty much what's going on already...

*Edit - and by this I don't mean that Legion and Knights are actually teaming up. I simply mean that both cabals are currently after a number of the Justices.

Last edited by Vhrael on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Kessor Natul wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Well first, this is impossible for alignment reasons, the Knights cannot cohort with the Legions.. so they can't just team up openly against the Justice regime even if its presently an evil regime. They'd all get uninducted, probably.

Then there's the cabal flag rules. Most cabals need the enemy to be flagged to be able to fight them in groups, Justices doesnt have that restriction, so they can gangbang anyone they like and do all the full looting they like.. I can't remember the justification for why its like this right now, but that's obviously a reason not to try to pk one, since if you get on one's bad side, they can just hug town and wait til the cavalry shows up to gang you into the dirt next time you leave it.

Now for cabal defence. Justice enjoys protection of law in its area, whereas if you attack on the pirate ship or in Valour you're not going to get the "protection" of anathema/contract concerns (even anathema takes a noble). So basically if you raid Justice to draw them, they can make a half-assed effort and then run outside and rest up in safety, and an intruder flag is on for when you leave so they can attack YOU there, preventing you from doing the same thing. You have to stay in the cabal with no regen and wait, or give up trying to draw like this and get wanted. Plus if you finally manage to take the item, someone's going to get flagged for capturing it anyway, and their special guards stay around even when their skills are drained, and Dagnir still attacks if I recall right. With that in mind and items being way easier to retrieve anyways, I definitely wouldnt recommend capturing the Justice item, and handling it is obviously out of the question. I don't see Knight or Legion kicking the crap out of a Justice in a cabal raid unless we're looking at things being pretty one-sided, and that means the Justice would need to be flagged with one of their special flags for that gang to be allowed... which as I just stated, is something they usually have an easy time avoiding.

As far as cabal flags actually go, Justice flag is easily the most brutal of them all, as the flag lets out of pk members of the cabal attack you anywhere with their special guards, totally circumventing the pk range, plus they'll have any available out-of-range deputized as 'deputies' free to attack criminals with them - Knights are much less reluctant to get help from outsiders with Anathema, and Knights/Legion obviously dont have the opposite alignment to help them, much more restrictive than lawfuls helping lawfuls - and it also prevents you from using the Seringale shops so you have to depend on people to buy your recalls and fly scrolls. Then there's also a level 60 (yup, 60) mob in town called Dagnir the Enforcer of Law that they can just camp. And of course, dying serves exp holes, plus, if that wasnt enough, and somehow you prevail against this and you kill a Justice, you just get protection completely stripped in town with the bounty flag, so everyone remaining can join in. And, when you finally die, the mob auto full loots, so no matter where you've died, you're instantly naked with no hope of retrieval. Its a very nasty flag.

Leading on from that little paragraph, you should be able to see that raiding Justice to draw them is really a difficult endevaour, as is getting flagged if you plan to actually kill them yourself. I would encourage anyone who believes differently to step up and try beating them like this. If you can, you can definitely call yourself "the man" - having "BOUNTIED" by your name shows you either overcame the odds or you ganged some Justices. But the best draw I've seen is to get someone out of their range to get wanted (ideally this'd be someone who is expendable and easily survivable, like an fresh neutral-good human healer who can later pay off the flag too, but that's probably a bit excessive). Then take the fight away from town, and have everyone else hide nearby, waiting to kick the crap out of whichever Justice walks into it. An ideal area for this would be the river to minimize the possibility of a dirt-flee rape from any Justice deputies, on a Justice who's stupid enough to also ensnare, but a cabal would probably also do nicely. Much easier than pesky Justice cabal raids and tanking dagnir. But again, you can't gang up like this if youre in a cabal like Legion/Knight, unless they have those flags.

Downside of being Justice.. can't go raid cabals, but its not a big deal really, since most people dont have one, and nothing stopping you go spam bash with a Justice in a surge + leveiing area or something.

So anyway, barring the stuff I forgot about, I'm sure there's quite a bit more, this is why Justice isnt a cabal to mess with for Knight & Legion.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: