Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 10 hours.

DAMN TELNET!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saegen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: DAMN TELNET!!

Raise your hand if you have ever logged on to telnet just to check a few things and got pwned by someone you own? *raises hand* Due to the lack of my jmc or any other descent way to play, I must take a short leave of abscense from my new found obsession. I was so close to my goals..
*sighs*

KABOOM!!!!
Your computers mystic tendrils does UNSPEAKABLE thing to itself.
Your computer hits the ground... DEAD!

You sob uncontrolabley!
*sniff, sniff*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

http://www.geocities.com/jmc_client

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

Telnet is no so bad. It lags prolly...once for about 15 seconds every hour, and other than not being able to see what you type, it isnt so bad. Since I dont have an unzipper on my computer currently, I am forced to remain in the telnet sector, which is a place I have been in over 5 years. Its not nearly as bad as I remember. Just sit back and deal. Thats the only way I get through every day.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:

Lag? Can't see what you type? I don't know what you guys are smokin'. On my compy, you can see what you type, there's no 15 sec. lag, or even lag at all. I read somewhere that backspace doesn't work, either. Not true.

It works great for me. Only thing is I can't use scripts/triggers. I just use the in-game alias system. And I can't do the "smile;laugh" thing, where you do one right after another.

Edit: I have unlimited scrollback, too, so I just copy and paste my logs.

Last edited by Jamus on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject:

You can always stick jmc onto a cd or usb memory stick if you mud from cafe's , libraries etc. Its a pretty small program.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I rescently had my comp blow up, so the jmc is not an option unless someone knows how to access an administartors password.. anyone? I used to play in telnet but since the upgrade to JMC my life has revolved around triggers and such.. Quicker communing running getting stuff from my dead body ect. And I can backscroll and see what I should work on.. if not at least who took all my bloody things. There is some sorta firewall or something up preventing downloads. so will that stick bypass those and let me download it? and if so show mw a site to buy it at.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Turn on Local Echo in order to see what you are typing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

A memory stick plugs into the usb ports under the cd drive on most computers, its very easy to use, and cheap.. think they start out at 128 MB which is more than enough for holding JMC. It just installs itself and then you use it like any other system folder.. drag and drop style. They can be put on keyring chains.

Try any electronics website.. they're easy to find. I've washed two in the laundry so far.. mutter.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject:

I keep fiddling with mine and breaking em.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

A shot in the dark, btu I am assumign you're speaking of windows accounts? If not, oh well, i'll toss it out anyway and hope it is...

Here it goes:

To access admin rights on a computer with Windows XP, and create new admin accounts without the password, restart your computer from the login screen. As soon as it begins to reboot, hit F8 furiously,which will cause a menu with startup options to pop up... At this point my exact knowledge is fuzzy, haven't done it in a while... But it should be... Safe mode, or some shit like it.. Not sure, trial and error may be needed. Then you will be able to login under a previously invisible (obviously now it's visible) account that should be labeled 'Adminastrator' or some such... Again, you will know if you got the right option from the menu accesed by hitting F8 if you see this option. From there, create a new account with adminastrative abilities and then restart, accesing your new account, and voila! Or, you can use this account to add programs to other accounts, or whatever you wish.

This may or may not work for other versions of windows, and if the computer in question is not controled by a network login like some schools are, you can even use it from there, although this is a bit of a high risk in that area.

I hope this helps, if not, oooopps! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

You hit the F8 quickly and silently.
You finger tap grazes the F8.
A library administrator walks in looking confused.
A library administrator asks "What is wrong Saegen?"
You say "Could you log on and see if my password is right?"
A library administrator says "Sure."
A library administrator sits down in a rolling chair.
You peer at the keyboard intently.
You have mastered "administrators password"
A library administrator says "It looks fine to me."
You thank A library administrator heartily.
A library administrator stands up and walks south.
You snicker softly.

Now that would be great had it really happened. There dang lightning finger go so quickly and cant use it more than twice. I ll try your way though.

Question.... Will the plug in device override the firewall up and just let me play? or will it still remain the same?

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

The firewall shouldn't block a usb device. And if it does I think you should be able to turn it off just for your device in the firewall settings in the control panel.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Cant change the firewall unless on as an admin.

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Is your device being blocked though?

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Have yet to buy a device... Dont know what they look like. Are they like those old Pelican (TM) code breaker things that plug into your comp and download chaets then plug in to your PS2?

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:2yZ5opvphNa-uM:www.nosegrind.com.au/images/cruzer-micro-512.jpg

Flash drives are pretty cheap to buy now. You can get a 512 for less than 40 I would guess, I haven't looked around. But they're small and easy to use, they just plug into any usb port on the computer.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I have an ipod shuffle that you can set to store files on, so I converted 5 mbs to file storing instead of music and I can just upload zmud onto computers with it, the only problem being that I need to get into my computer to do it and only one of two libraries around me will let you into my comp. But if you can get into it it should work. I don't even need to load it up onto the ocmputer. I just open it up right from the ipod and play.

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I have a philips mp3 player that supposed to do that, but it won't let me run applications directly from the player.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the only problem with the ipod is that when I load zmud from it it loses all my scripts and aliases. But I only use the targetting script that comes with it when you download it from ARs website and the re-wielding disarm script, so its not that big a deal for me. But its still better then playing on telnet.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

you're telling me that you can download the jmc client to an ipod, what about a psp, would that work? let me know.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: