Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 23 hours.

Client stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Client stuff

I just barely started out using a client. What are some commonly used triggers/aliases, how do I use scripts, what else can I use the client for?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

okay.. lets see. I use zmud 7.21. A script for me is just a collect of triggers/aliases to do what program it to do. It's like when you have a main function but have to program in your functions.

example.
#class {holyfuckinghellrun}
#var hp {}
#var whichrun {}
#alias pickwhich {#var whichrun %random(1,5);#say Running to @whichrun}
#trigger {Running to (%d).} {#if (%1 = " ") {..1};#if (%1 = "2") [...]}
#class 0

so you start of by defining the class, in this case "holyfuckinghellrun". Then within you say that the following variables, aliases, and triggers are part of the class. Therefore, when you have this class enabled, you can activate the-class-specific triggers. If I typed pickwhich with the class enabled, it would pick a random location to run to. But if the class isn't enabled - it would just send pickwhich to the mud which would return a "huh?" statement.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

I'm using the RoA Client. You suggested it, I think. I also think that I can't do all that with it... Sad

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I use RoA, and yeah, it'd be difficult to script what clifton posted. RoA just isn't as advanced in the scripting department as ZMud and others. However, a few simple aliases or triggers that I use:

Targeting

Go to the 'alias' screen, and enter the name 'target', then, in the 'results' box:

$VAR target "%1"
$ECHO "Now targetting %1"

--> Remember to press return after the last command, and to hit the 'Apply alias changes' button.

Then create an alias 'kk' and put in the box:
murder @target

This is the simplest and most useful script of all. Apologies if you already know it.

Other things you can use are an attack-type alias.

Attack Type
In alias box: att
in results box: $VAR att "%1"

in the 'kk' alias: @attack @target.

So, you would type att bash, which would set the att target to bash. So typing 'kk' in the prompt would mean bash <whoever the target is> . Same with murder and so on.

I tend to map the number keys to weapons.
$Var flail "wave churner"

alias: '9'
wield @flail

and so on.

Have a look at the things you can do with Statlets as well. They're one of the windows on the right of the client. I just have a list of all the important variables i'm using. Who my target is, what weapon I'm wielding, what my attack-type is, what my @flail / @blade / @shaft weapons are, and how long left on sanctuary.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

That last attack type one doesn't work. Is the targetting one supposed to work when it does, or do you have to switch off?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: