Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 1 hour.

Justice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Justice...

So, I was sitting ranking on my newb, and was travelling through town to practice. A 'leslina' had just logged on, and done something to get wanted. I sat at my guild after just killing an elf, and so I waited what...4 or so minutes. it took that much time for this.

guard walks in.

<112hp 131m 115mv> [ Human ] [JUSTICE] Taere the Holy Shaman, Captain of Order
[ Duerg ] (WANTED) (INTRUDER) Leslina the Mistress of the Night

I dont know about you guys, but this is really gay. Justices are annoying as fuck as it is, but wtf? This is soo blatantly ooc bullshit. Taere, log the fuck on like everyone else you cunt. Rather than sit there on chat and have someone say hey, some bitch is wanted...Log on. This happened to me yesterday....And I just think its a load of shit. People that do this shit shouldnt be in 1st poss in any cabal. Much less one as powerfull as Justice.

Who else thinks this is hella gay?

*I want to verify that I am not Leslina. Lol.*

Oh, and Zilinyth just logged on too, in the time it took me to type this. I type at about 85 wpm... Really gay...

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to respond to this, just because I know what Taere is like. Let me explain something, it's a 30 minute wait after logging off a caballed char to log on another char. Right there, Taere wouldn't bother wasting his time logging on just for a low profile criminal like Leslina, who has died repeatedly in the last week and a half. On top of that, there could be a full blown Justice vs. Knight cabal war going on, and he'd still have to be in the mood to log on, otherwise he'd just ignore it and play online poker. If he logged on, it was because he wanted to put some time into his Justice, and it was just a coincidence someone wanted was on. No idea about Zilinyth mind you, but you seem to be a paranoid, and wanting to stir up shit, so I'd say drop it.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Horsey boy, were you in chat when you saw this happen?

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Alright, I feel I'm being impugned here. I know what some people think of justices, and I've read the hype and OOC mud that gets thrown around. Honestly I have no idea whether this happens or not. I don't go into chat.

well, actually, that's not true. I have gone into chat twice. Found it all an in-joke that I didn't get and got bored. I didn't go in under the name I'm playing at the moment, and I'd like to think that no-one really knows who I am between characters - i'm pretty anonymous. Mostly because I suck.

I certainly didn't go into chat and tell Taere to log on - and like he'd do so just coz I said, as well...

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge it was coincidence that Taere logged on when he did. I certainly didn't tell him or zilinyth.

(Varodur)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Its stupid to make accusations you can't prove.

Code:

| [JUSTICE] - 1/10 position open.  (Immortal leader: Vhrael)            |

They're active.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I have seen Taere and Grimp being told by other over there special forces yada yada crew that there was someone wanted, or their homie was being ganged, and they hop on. On multiple occasions mind you. Grimp, Taere, this is nothing against you. Me and grimp are homies and me and Taere have nothing against each other last I knew, so I am not trying to stir shit up with them in particular. I just want the ooc shit to stop. I would be hella pissed if I was Leslina. And I was hella pissed as my guy the other day.

I dont have a unzipper on this computer, so I dont have jmc and therefore didnt see any 'hey buddy, go getem!' shit, but as I said, I have seen it before.

As for you Astinor, saying first that he would'nt want to because he couldnt log on another char, and then saying he would probably want to go play online poker anyway in the same paragraph is just silly. Personaly, I would log on and kill the wanted guy and then go back to playing online poker if I was such a devoted individual.

Anyways, I think Justice is a drag. You sit around town and do pretty much nothing. If I was a Justice I would do the same fuckin thing...Wait for the action. And I am so dunked in the ooc shit that I wouldnt be able to help being told that someone is wanted and there is something to do on my rared out char that no one is ballsy enough to fight because I can flag them and then own them with me and my uber guard. One of the many reasons I dont join Justice is I would do shit like this, and I believe it is just really not cool. I personaly have done quite a few ooc things, have gotten chars rared, equiped, ranked, unwanted... But I was stopped by an immortal staff who doesnt think its right. I have been very good as of late, and have turned on a new path of pissing off the immortals. If you are gonna knock the shit out of someone for doing something like saying *fuck* in a ooc group where no one gives a fuck, I think you should penalize guys who abuse the most powerfull but restricted cabal in the game.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

First of all, the criminal in question got away without being apprehended. Secondly, the guy playing the Justice that flagged the criminal has already said that he doesn't have connections with Taere. I saw the timing of the logins myself, and I'll admit that it was close... but believe it or not, some things really are coincidental.

You'd be surprised at the number of things that I've chomped at the bit about, claiming that what I've seen *HAS* to be ooc... only to be proven wrong or told that I'm wrong by higher-ranking imms or implementors. Within the last week even, I can count several instances where multiple logins from all cabals except Warlords have sparked my interest. Actions that are deemed 'ooc' are scrutinized very carefully, but sometimes things really do just happen at the same time.

Quote:
If you are gonna knock the shit out of someone for doing something like saying *fuck* in a ooc group where no one gives a fuck, I think you should penalize guys who abuse the most powerfull but restricted cabal in the game.

When factual evidence supporting said 'abuse' arises, rest assured that the ones responsible will be penalized and punished accordingly.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

Ok well look.. I see what youre trying to do, you're concerned about the game being an AOL-messenger crapfest, and just trying to help fix things. But we dont hold login under strict strutiny. (i.e. the person logging in has to prove that he didnt log in due to an OOC tip-off) Instead, the person making the accusation has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what he's saying is true.

I'm not sure its the right direction for the mud to bust people just for logging in anyway. BTW, we see criminals logging out on Justices all the time, without doing anything, including the person you complained for.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:

First off, I pretty much only play one char. I have several, but grimp is the only one I worry about. Suffice it to say I am on him a lot (9 out of 10 logins for me is Grimp). Granted some of the times I will log on closely before or after another justice but that is coincidental (that is likely their main char too). Believe it or not there are ethics to OOC. You can arrange groups to level/go to winter, but telling people to log on because you need help in pk, or arranging gangbangs to pk are strictly prohibited and seen as slimy underhanded tactics. I can't remember the last time someone logged into chat and someone told them 'Quick, log on and let's gangbang mullet'.

Secondly,

Quote:
Anyways, I think Justice is a drag. You sit around town and do pretty much nothing. If I was a Justice I would do the same fuckin thing...Wait for the action.

Man you have been playing at level 30 for waaaaaay too long. Do you remember Rolf? Txivnezjwo? Any Legion? Legion and Justices have been going at it hard. Now Knights have become common crimminals as well. Basically when a Justice is on he is either A: watching town B: out and about or C: in a battle to the death with 1 or more opponents.

When you're in a cabal that 'could' be boring you just have to go make your own fun Wink

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject:

Yah, I'd have to agree with Dav's post and I think it's agood idea. I don't do that OOC shit(besides this forum) well one cause I'm just too damn hated and two I think it's pretty homo. But If OOc shit was going on, I think it'd be even more homo if login's were uber strict. That'd just be ultra homo.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject:

For future reference, there is a flame-free way to complain... it is called a "complaint". This way, you don't need to argue over forums, and you can raise concerns to important people (not that mortals are unimportant... or that all immortals are important, I'm just saying that they have slightly more power or influence than most players- or users on a forum for that matter).

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject:

gygh...Yes I know. I raise almost all ideas and frustartions that I have on the forum for a few reasons. 1) If you have a playerbase behind you, that is the direction the game should be going. IE if you have the players, your right whehter your correct. 2) Ideas form ideas. I say 'Hey, I think fiery daggers should be in timaran'(or whatever) And someone else takes my idea, but takes it further. Thinks of things I didnt, or puts a different spin on my idea. The forum is an incredibly usefull tool. I find that most of the players enjoy boggling over something, and telling someone why they are wrong, or how their idea could be even better, or give someone a tin foil hat. (thanks seby. *sniff*). But yes Gygh, I am aware of the 'complaint'.

Anyways, Kalist, maybe I had the wrong understanding when I was in chat and you guys were joking or whatever. I usualy jump on justice whenever I can. I really have no liking towards the cabal at all. So sorry if I named you guys in the wrong.

Dav, yeah. Just trying to help out, and innocent until proven guilty is definately how it should go. For sure. Its sort of frustrating going through that sometimes thoh. Heh.

Kalist19 wrote:

Quote:
Anyways, I think Justice is a drag. You sit around town and do pretty much nothing. If I was a Justice I would do the same fuckin thing...Wait for the action.

Man you have been playing at level 30 for waaaaaay too long.

*dude...Wayyyy too long.*

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: