Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Props
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Props

Hey guys, post characters you have interacted with and thought they did their thing well!

I nominate Jyra for now.

Will post more later.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

If I can only say one guy right now it'll have to be Queeg, hes very creative.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

i liked mr moo (maxlhorn) and jaimoa's marking business. umm yes and pie. mm pie.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Sousuke is cool. And Prastin.

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I'd have to second the Jyra and Queeg nominations. I haven't interacted with Jyra very much, but the player knows how to roleplay a diffident but courteous Herald. The RP is what I would call subtle, skillful, and finely polished, if not extravagant, which is what most mediocre roleplayers try to go for (and end up failing miserably).

I really enjoy Queeg's character. The guy has a genuine authenticity that you can't help but be attracted to. I don't know if it's the RP or the player's real personality, but Queeg possesses a kind of playful innocence that really gives force to the simple pleasures he indulges in, like eating his "lovely mushrooms" and being affectionately protective of his turtle (speckled hatchling, which is a noble pet). I haven't seen him in a while, ever since Zilinyth killed him in the palace. I only hope that hasn't discouraged him from playing Queeg (or quitting AR).

Haven't seen anything impressive from any of the other chars mentioned in this thread (with the possible exception of Maxlhorn, but even then I wouldn't put him on the same level as Jyra and Queeg).

Oh, and Aldacer has some great RP too. The problem is that Quiet Wanderer (I think this is his player) roleplays the dwarf paladin as aloof, stubborn, and combative, which really puts off a lot of people, including me. From an RP standpoint, Aldacer is nearly flawless in his development as a venerable dwarven lord, but from a player's perspective, sometimes I can't stand him Smile

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm in love with Jyra. I also have to say I enjoy Grimp, aldacer, I really liked Huotoyoxi while he was around....So many! There are a lot of people I've rped with (concidering thats all I ever do) And yeah, some are better than others...

But deffinatly Jyra, and I don't think I've ever interacted with Queeg.

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

Queeg is usually on early in the morning (central us time), if you want to meet him.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

Would like to mention Ashr.

Fantastic work, buddy.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

Haelraltar. You're a funny bastard!

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I'd have to go along with Maxlhorn (VICTROY CHARGE!) and Jyra (who can't speak to a Cabal member without stutterign it seems), solid RP's. I've also seen a number of lowbies cropping up with a suprising amount of RP skill, which makes me happy to see.

formalism wrote:
Oh, and Aldacer has some great RP too. The problem is that Quiet Wanderer (I think this is his player) roleplays the dwarf paladin as aloof, stubborn, and combative, which really puts off a lot of people, including me. From an RP standpoint, Aldacer is nearly flawless in his development as a venerable dwarven lord, but from a player's perspective, sometimes I can't stand him Smile

Funny enough, I never set out to make him anything like he is today. I just play him with a very humanistic approach. He changes with his enviroment, decisions, and everything, like an actual living and breathing being would. Thats why I gave the props to Jyra, because too often people seem to RP in AR, but stick to it like a mandate they can't violate no matter what the reason. thats just boring and wrong in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Others I'd like to mention:

* Bepodo's pie fetish thing
* Hizang's everything you expect from a Warlord
* Iriqeuos's "queer" half-elf is amusing
* Grimp's got interesting spellcasting emotes
* Jaran's over-enthusiasm is so catchy its got other people doing it
* you can also tell Jaimoa is really sold to the whole pirate-Legion thing
* Jakurajaki was definitely the most interesting evil at the time (just look at his graveyard record and you can see he scored the most replies ever, last I checked)

And of course all of the Immortals do a great job.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

A month ago before I deleted I liked Homi best, but from evil Jakuragi at least did try, others didn't really speak to me at all besides telling me to buy protection.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

Eh, yeah, Haelraltar is fairly entertaining, so props to him.

Edit: Yeah I've noticed he started calling himself the main man and gets drunk. I considered doing a Lobo based char too, but not with a paladin, cause anyone who has read or watched any cartoons with Lobo, knows he's a dick, not a selfless paladin.

Last edited by Phostan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Props to Elaedon, very nicely played charactor. Also to Rayor, consistent and entertaining. Jaran, you overenthusiastic bastard.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject:

Well! I would have to say... I really enjoy Elaedon as well! Along with... Guthfar and his ultimate slaying of the beggars of Seringale! Iriqeous is also quite fun along with Jaran... I guess I like alot of people... So... Let me Narrow this down a bit.... Wait... I cant. I only interacted with Iriqeous a few times and he is a blast. Guthfar and Elaedon a few times and they are also a blast. But at the same time, I hear so many things about Jaran and only talked to him once or twice. So I guess I dont really have much right to say he is fun, but I thought I would relay the message.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:

This thread sucks. None of my chars made it.

Drigoch is cool.

Edit: *cough* eh... nevermind.

Last edited by Jamus on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject:

One of mine is! Its good to hear too! I thought I was rather... A bit of an annoyance to be honest... Well maybe thats too harsh to myself. I guess I personally enjoy me a bit too! But I have another to put up there too! Mongtufa does a great job as well! Mad And when I actually read the other people here... I have to agree with Dav! The Immortals do probably the best! I personally really enjoyed when Groq got himself deposited... And I had the priviledge of interacting with Vhrael and Vanisse a few times too! I dont see much of the others personally!

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

I know... It seems I have posted too much already on this topic! But I just wanted to give out some props to some of the lower level people too! I see some of them coming up and are doing a great job! I don't know if it is just people whose character got deleted or just died, and are making new ones, or not... But they are doing a great job and its nice too see!

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Props to Iriqeous, and the "main man" even though Haelraltar was beaten in a drinking contest by a woman Wink

0 0 0
Poo Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I place my props with the Immortals. I've galavanted around with Vanisse, had serious talks with Vhrael, and killed many a tough mob with Groq. Some really good RP. I'd have to say my favorite IMM is Torky. Some weird shit with that goat fetish thing he had going..

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: