Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

New Cabal Forum Poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be a Cabal forum for the members of certain Cabals?
Yes, I think it's a good idea.
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
No, I don't want to be able to easily look up specific cabal information.
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

Remmenon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: New Cabal Forum Poll

I tried to let the Cabal forum thing die, but upon re-reading that post, and seeing other people slowly post good feedback on that idea, and with all the cabal changes that happen all the time (refrence protection, anathema, groq being the immortal leader ect..) I think it'd be prudent to take a poll and find a concensus on the idea. I've slowly figured out that there is alot of OOC chat that goes on behind the game but I still feel it would be great for those people that OOC chat and the people that don't to have the specific cabal forum for their cabal to discuss certain changes in the cabal's rolls/skills as well as cabal conduct of what is allowed and not allowed as well as the direction the Immortal leader, or mortal leader wants to take the cabal in. I think it would be good to have that easily accessible information right there to look up. I think some of the posts going out on the public forum here relating to protection/anathema/nobles or whatnot should be in those related cabal forums for discussion/questions since the majority I feel that outisiders of those cabals shouldn't really have a voice in the matter since they choose not to be in a cabal.

Just an idea, I hope this idea can get a second fair review since I don't seem to be getting the same hate posts from retarded people like I used to. Thanks.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey don't blame chat for being OOC. While there is undoubtedly ooc info being passed around in chat, you don't see people saying "lets gang this that" or whatever it is..

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

As noob who tried his hand at a cabal, and got smacked down repeatedly, something like this would have been useful, I think. There was quite a bit I didn't understand about Cabal rules, powers and tactics that I either: a) was too embarrassed to ask in game, or b) there was no one on when I needed the info.

I think OOC is going to happen whether we like it or not. It's up to the individual players to decide whether they let their OOC connections ruin the game for everyone else or not, but personally I haven't seen any blatant abuse. As for the cabal forum, I think it's a good idea since any blatant OOC will be moderated. It's not like firing up AIM and telling someone to log on for a gangbang, because if that happened on the board, the IMMs will gimp the player something fierce.

The only problem I see is how the Cabal-only aspect will work. Will there be a different password for each cabal. And if so, is that password going to change every time someone deletes? Otherwise you get an ex-knight, who deleted, decides to join Legion and still has access to the board with all strategies and tactics etc.

Anyway, I voted yes. It's worth seeing how it goes, I think. If it gets abused, then it gets taken away - you don't know until you try.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Na there won't be password access. It'll be group restricted if there really are such things coming in. Not looking forward to it though.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's not like firing up AIM and telling someone to log on for a gangbang

funny it doesn't occur to you to ask about cabal skills there too. also, cabal board wouldn't be very practicle since the turnover rate of cabals is fairly high.

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
Quote:
It's not like firing up AIM and telling someone to log on for a gangbang

funny it doesn't occur to you to ask about cabal skills there too. also, cabal board wouldn't be very practicle since the turnover rate of cabals is fairly high.

It was hypothetical. I was using as an example, since that's one of the major complaints about OOC - that it centres around IM rings. I don't have anyone's email/IM address, so it never really came up.

What I was saying was that I had no OOC help, because I know no one IRL who plays the game, and haven't really gotten to know anyone in chat/ forums. But having it moderated on a forum would sit better with me than having to resort to MSN/AIM.

Yes, I agree that about the impracticality of it, but I still think it's a decent idea in theory.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

I'm not saying the cabal forum would replace the ooc chat, it's just that instead of asking your buddy online "Hey, you think I can do this in the cabal? I mean like is it against the cabal rules?" and him responding with.. Duh, I don't know, I don't think there'd be a problem. You could just read some of the info and post your question in the cabal forum. I'm not suggesting the cabal forum should/would replace the OOC chat, but it would definately help both types of people that OOC chat, or don't by having the forum. then with your cabal post it'd be out there, for other people to discuss and you'd get a definate answer from your imm leader. I know you could do that in game as well, but in game you have a certain appearance to keep and you don't want to look like a newbie/numpty in game. As for no point because of turnover rate, well I don't think that's necessarily true. Having the forum in place might help retain more people in the cabal. Example: Instead of getting fucked in the ass by an imm and getting tattooed/outcasted because what you read about a certain rule, isn't the same meaning the imms get when they read it.(please don't put posts debating about my past situation. That ships already sailed and it's no biggy. thanks)

So to summarize:
-Cabal forum isn't meant to replace OOC chat, just enhance it by getting reliable information from the source.
-Cabal forum would help in game roleplay because you won't look incompetent/stupid for certain questions.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Various posters wrote:
- I've slowly figured out that there is alot of OOC chat that goes on behind the game but I still feel it would be great for those people that OOC chat and the people that don't to have the specific cabal forum for their cabal to discuss certain changes in the cabal's rolls/skills as well as cabal conduct of what is allowed and not allowed as well as the direction the Immortal leader, or mortal leader wants to take the cabal in.

- I think it would be good to have that easily accessible information right there to look up.

- As noob who tried his hand at a cabal, and got smacked down repeatedly, something like this would have been useful, I think. There was quite a bit I didn't understand about Cabal rules, powers and tactics that I either: a) was too embarrassed to ask in game, or b) there was no one on when I needed the info.

- instead of asking your buddy online "Hey, you think I can do this in the cabal? I mean like is it against the cabal rules?" and him responding with.. Duh, I don't know, I don't think there'd be a problem. You could just read some of the info and post your question in the cabal forum.

- then with your cabal post it'd be out there, for other people to discuss and you'd get a definate answer from your imm leader. I know you could do that in game as well, but in game you have a certain appearance to keep and you don't want to look like a newbie/numpty in game.

- Cabal forum isn't meant to replace OOC chat, just enhance it by getting reliable information from the source.

- Cabal forum would help in game roleplay because you won't look incompetent/stupid for certain questions.

I think that all of these comments can be addressed with one response. Personally, I don't think any of the imms (cabal imms or otherwise) would have any problems with a caballed character trying to get clarification on rules. In fact, most of the time in my experience (playing mortals as well as Vhrael) the newly-inducted members are specifically TOLD to read the rules/guidelines/code/whatever for their respective cabal, and to ask questions if they aren't clear on something. Granted there are obviously going to be situations that arise that bring up 'grey areas' with respect to cabal rules; none of them were written with every single specific scenario in mind.

My point here is that no caballed character, regardless of their experience level, should feel "afraid," embarrassed, or otherwise unable to ask a question. The rules are there, both game-wise and cabal-wise, to make sure that everyone knows exactly how far their "boundaries" are, and what they're allowed to do or not do. If you as a player, caballed or not, don't understand the wording or context of a rule, you shouldn't let your pride or fear of looking like a "noob" stop you from asking questions about it. There are several veteran players and imms that constantly question the rules, because as I said, when rules are written it's extremely difficult, even impossible, to see into the future for every possible scenario that might come up.

My advice to anyone, playing in a cabal or otherwise: if you have questions about rules, guidelines, skills, spells, whatever - don't be afraid to use in-game help. We've got an extensive helpfile system, newbie channel, prays, a fairly easy-to-use note system, and a fairly active and (in my opinion) very helpful imm staff. Use them.

If you're in a cabal and you don't understand how to go about doing something, or you feel like you're not clear on certain cabal rules, then ask. Send a tell to your cabal immortal, or send them a note. I'm almost certain that they won't call you out or try and make you look stupid; after all, to an extent you're representing them in-game through your actions, and I highly doubt that any of them want to have you running around making foolish mistakes because you didn't understand something. Imms don't want players to fail or screw up... we're here to help.

Quote:
I think some of the posts going out on the public forum here relating to protection/anathema/nobles or whatnot should be in those related cabal forums for discussion/questions since the majority I feel that outisiders of those cabals shouldn't really have a voice in the matter since they choose not to be in a cabal.

So does that mean that if a player's currently playing a warrior, that he shouldn't be free to offer his opinion on thieves' changes? Should someone currently playing an evil character not be allowed to comment on changes to goods? If you compartmentalize all of the various facets of the game, then you won't allow anyone to comment on anything. You're not always going to be tied to the "current character" that you're playing, and people's varied opinions on game changes are what allow the implementors to get feedback on ideas before/during their implementation. If someone sees things from an entirely new angle and mentions some unforeseen problem, then their input was constructive.

Quote:
- As for the cabal forum, I think it's a good idea since any blatant OOC will be moderated.

- It's not like firing up AIM and telling someone to log on for a gangbang, because if that happened on the board, the IMMs will gimp the player something fierce.

I doubt anyone would resort to the forums for OOC posting or trying to arrange a gangbang. If they do, then they're even more ignorant than they're given credit for being.

Quote:
- cabal board wouldn't be very practicle since the turnover rate of cabals is fairly high.

- As for no point because of turnover rate, well I don't think that's necessarily true. Having the forum in place might help retain more people in the cabal. Example: Instead of getting fucked in the ass by an imm and getting tattooed/outcasted because what you read about a certain rule, isn't the same meaning the imms get when they read it.

Firstly, cabal info is supposed to be strictly for those characters that are currently in the cabal - not ex-cabal members, not for players that used to lead a cabal, not for players that are making a character to apply for a cabal. In order to keep up with each cabal's current roster, you'd have to have cabal imms and/or forum mods/imps watching over the game 24/7 for any uninductions, deletes, condeaths, etc... that's just entirely too tedious for my tastes.

I think these are some of my bigger concerns with the idea of cabal forums:

1. Potential for players to discuss cabal skills/rules with potential for trying to find loopholes or points for abuse (can obviously be reconciled with in-game surveillance, and can also be done OOC via AIM or chat, but it's still a concern).
2. How to conceal cabal members' identities (i.e. - guest posting? What about cabal member impersonation, etc.?) via the forum.
3. How to keep each forum restricted solely to current cabal members (tying in-game rosters to access on the forum..?).
4. The fact that the majority of the reasons for the cabal forums stem from people being afraid to ask questions about rules/skills in-game, or feeling intimidated by their cabal imms or threat of "looking stupid."

As the idea's suggested uses currently stand, I really don't feel like this is a good idea at all. Anything that needs to be addressed/asked/etc. can and should be handled in-game, but the fact that people don't feel comfortable asking questions is troubling. You can't expect to get better at something without proper understanding, and the imms are all here to make sure the players enjoy the game. Ask for help or clarification if and when you need it, and if you can't or don't get the answer you're looking for, or if your cabal imm makes you feel stupid/etc., then report it to the higher ranking imms.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

We could try it out, and if something goes wrong (or you don't like how things go down), we won't have them, or we can fix it so that thing doesn't go wrong again. I don't see what's wrong with that. Might as well try.

Let all of the Imms be able to read through them, I dunno.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

also.. it's been my experience that imms are usually listening. When I'm on a caballed char and go so... nice day in Thera. I usually get a lightning bolt.. it's nifty.

[CABAL] an Immortal: 'Yep. Nice day.'

So if you're ever just around.. just use the cabal chat if you have questions.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Ok my word on this is gonna be, this is a part of the politics of cabals. Go ahead and ask a question, or write a note if need be, in game. We dont want the cabal activity on the forum... we want them active in the mud. That's where the game is. If you just want an FAQ/guide to basic cabal warfare that applies to everyone we can write one up, but I definitely think its a good idea to try to do what you can in-game instead of here first.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I agree. One of the largest factors involved in cabal life is activity. There's already a large number of current cabal members that are somewhat inactive (for various reasons), but if you give them the option to simply check the forum instead of logging in to keep updated, then you're just asking for increased inactivity. That's definitely not something that we want or need.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
but if you give them the option to simply check the forum instead of logging in to keep updated, then you're just asking for increased inactivity.

Would mind giving a hypothetical example where this would be the case? I ask because I could claim exactly the inverse. For instance. How do you affect the game? By being in the game and actually being logged into whatever characters you happen to have at that given point. I know for myself and some of the people I talk to that just watching the action is no fun. Hearing about the action, also, is no fun. Simply put, if a cabal forum were placed here and I was within Legion, and hypothetically I saw that there was alot of action (whether or not Legion was down or not would not matter to me) I would be more prone to logging in. Again, same example, except now there is no Legion activity I will be more prone to logging in order to get some people interested in joining so that I am not bored all the time.

I am simply failing to see how an external component to the game, the forum, is going to affect whether or not people log in. A hypothetical example would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Ooohkay there, I didn't want to get into it, I really didn't Vhrael but you just opened the fucking can of worms, here it is then.

I did understand about the fucking rules/guidlines governing the CABAL CONDUCT but unforunately what I understand isn't what someone else understands and that's where problems arise.

Example.. Since you fucking wanted to get into it:
.. wait no.. actually I want someone who's not an Imm to post what they think this means and then I'll post What I got out of it since the imms already know my stance on it and I know what they stance is on it.

from the Cabal Conduct helpfile:
Quote:
Your cabal grounds is sacred. You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to
enter. You are expected to treat every intruder as an intruder and deal with
him accordingly, whether you are friend or foe, good or evil. Once your cabal
has been secured and the intruder evicted, you can choose to do with him as
you see fit, or as your cabal's guidelines instructs you to. When your cabal
is intruded upon, you will return to the cabal immediately to defend it. You
will place defending your cabal over personal business, such as trying to
attack someone else. You will defend your cabal whether the cabal item is in
its altar or not. There are no excuses for negligence of your cabal grounds.

Okay, someone who's not an Imm post what you think Because I'll tell you what I got out of it and what resulted from what I understood of it.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Your cabal grounds is sacred. You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to enter. You are expected to treat every intruder as an intruder and deal with him accordingly, whether you are friend or foe, good or evil. Once your cabal has been secured and the intruder evicted, you can choose to do with him as you see fit, or as your cabal's guidelines instructs you to. When your cabal is intruded upon, you will return to the cabal immediately to defend it. You will place defending your cabal over personal business, such as trying to attack someone else. You will defend your cabal whether the cabal item is in its altar or not. There are no excuses for negligence of your cabal grounds.

OK, seemed pretty self-explanatory, but since you want it, here we go.

To me it says if someone invades your cabal, kill him. If your cabal is being invaded, defend it at all costs. No exceptions.

That's pretty much it. Is that terribly far off?

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Okay, thank god. Thank you Kessor. You just confirmed that I can read and understand things that I read.

Kessor wrote:
Quote:
To me it says if someone invades your cabal, kill him. If your cabal is being invaded, defend it at all costs. No exceptions.

Now, for all you who agree with Kessor here's what would have happened to you.

Things that would happen if you agreed with Kessor:
-tattooed with failure
-faerie fire preventing you from hiding/invis
-loss of skills like third attack, dirt kicking, hiding.. again
-looking like an idiot
-Just general disgrace
-To top all that off, a nice slaying from an Imm.

The best part is afterwards all of that, you can be a little lap dog and "redeem" yourself by taking on a daunting task that probably will end up getting you killed.

Now here's the circumstances. I'm In Legion, fighting someone who is against Legion. Basically that person doesn't have a problem with me, but with Legion in general making that, in my opinion cabal business. Generally as it's been said by everyone, if you're in Legion prepared to get ganked because you're in Legion.

Now, me and this person are fighting, no one is really winning/losing because the other person if they are losing just recalls away and heals up.

In the midst of this fight, I go within my dungeon, on the ship.

That person has the option of either A) fighting past the shadowdemon to go into an area he can get confined into or B) just letting it be and cut his loses.

That person chooses option A and goes into the cabal. He now just invaded, making him an intruder so now he must die. That's exactly what I did, I confined him and then killed him.

Here's the thing. The Imms call this "Luring" and they will rape you in the ass for it, without a warning or anything.. just first Offence raping.

but, here's the kicker.. somehow, from that bit there they get this out of that part in the cabal conduct:
Luring is against the cabal conduct because I'm letting them in the Cabal... but the thing is I don't because once they invade, I have to protect my grounds and kill them which is exactly what I did and I got ass raped about because I definately didn't let them in at all. Anyone with half a brain and obviously got what Kessor got out of the cabal conduct would definately agree that I didn't let them in, I didn't force them in, they had free will, free choice to enter, and pay the price should they enter.

Now if you're wondering if I just did the classic clip and snip bit about the parts that suit my argument, then here's the whole thing on Cabal conduct and you tell me if you see the words Lure, luring or anything like that within the cabal Conduct

Cabal Conduct:
Quote:
-Your cabal item is sacred. You do not allow anyone to take it. You do not
give it to anyone not of your cabal. There are two acceptable places for your
cabal item: inside the altar, or on a cabal member. You do not drop or hide
your own cabal item. If someone else has your cabal item, you will retrieve
it from him, by force if necessary. If another cabal has captured your cabal
item, you will raid that cabal to retrieve your cabal item. If you find your
cabal item loose somewhere, you will place finding it and securing its return
above your own personal business, such as making Winter runs. There are no
excuses for negligence of your cabal item.

-Your cabal grounds is sacred. You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to
enter. You are expected to treat every intruder as an intruder and deal with
him accordingly, whether you are friend or foe, good or evil. Once your cabal
has been secured and the intruder evicted, you can choose to do with him as
you see fit, or as your cabal's guidelines instructs you to. When your cabal
is intruded upon, you will return to the cabal immediately to defend it. You
will place defending your cabal over personal business, such as trying to
attack someone else. You will defend your cabal whether the cabal item is in
its altar or not. There are no excuses for negligence of your cabal grounds.

-Your cabal servants are to be treated with the same respect you have for
your cabal item and cabal grounds. This include your cabal guardian, your
cabal healer, your cabal shopkeeper, any creature you have summoned with
the benefit of your cabal skills, and anyone else found within your cabal
who belongs there. You are not to direct any offensive spells at them or
harm them in any way.

-Your cabal skills are for your own use. You will not use your cabal skills
to benefit someone else, such as forging weapons for others or spying for
others. You do not give to others items created using your cabal skill. You
do not ask for more cabal skills than you have been given. Giving away or
selling items purchased at your cabal shopkeeper is considered to be abusing
your given cabal skills.

-You are expected to uphold the guidelines for your cabal. If any Immortal
sees you straying from these guidelines, you can be punished for it whether
that Immortal is responsible for your cabal or not. Applicants to a cabal
are expected to uphold the same guidelines as the members of the cabal they
are applying to.

-Applying for multiple cabals is a sure way to be rejected from all of them.
If you have applied for a cabal during your lifetime, you will either join
that cabal or none at all for the rest of your life. Cabal-hopping is seen
as blaphemous to the gods of your path. If you are not sure of what cabal to
join, do not commit yourself to any until you are certain. If you are in a
cabal and wish to pursue the ideals of another cabal, you will follow those
ideals without the benefit of any cabal skills or cabal membership. Cabals
are meant to be lifelong commitments. You may be punished at the discretion
of the gods should you choose to leave your cabal.

-If you cannot handle the responsibilities of being a cabal member, do not
join a cabal. Do not even bother applying for one.

The best part is, out of all of that, the Imms don't think they need to clarify anything within that helpfile, or add anything in about the difference in Cabal business, and personal business because they think that the whole "luring" thing is pretty obvious in the cabal conduct helpfile.. Sadly you would have been raped in the ass multiple times Kessor for interpreting it like any person with atleast half a brain would have.

To summarize:
-If you got what me and Kessor got out of the cabal conduct, you would got gimped in the ass so hard you wouldn't be able to shit right for a month.
-It was too hard to make changes in the helpfile so the Imms decided to pull extra stuff outta their ass and try to bullshit me saying that it's clearling in the cabal conduct helpfile.
-Nothing about "Luring" in the cabal conduct helpfile at all
-If an Imm tries to lay down a lame bit about "personal business" and "cabal business" they're full of shit.
-If you're in Legion, people wanna gank you not because of you personally, but because you're in Legion, so that means killing him isn't "Personal business"
-Because you must force protection in Legion you don't have "Personal business"
-Basically the only time you're on "personal business" is if you're out ranking, when your item is being taken.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to enter.

This does not mean you can fight someone, than enter your cabal under the mindset, "Hey! If they enter, its their own fault I don't type for them!" Actually, because you were fighting them you can pretty much assume they will want to follow up if they see you 'running to hide'. You do not get to claim non-fault in this situation Remm, absolutely one hundred percent you have to take responsibility for your own mistakes.

To make it simple;
Quote:
You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to enter.
You do NOT allow ANYONE not of your cabal to ENTER PERIOD. There is no debate, no little back way out that follows the "I like to mince words to escape punishment" line of thinking. There is nothing. You ran into your cabal and hid (basically), in essence you drew him in.

Quote:
Nothing about "Luring" in the cabal conduct helpfile at all

I didn't notice this part. If the Immortals were forced to put everything in a helpfile, they would have time for nothing else. I think that this rule should be like anything else. For instance, a real life example maybe help you out here.
Quote:
If you are out and your kid and wife/husband are at home. You decide its time to go home and in the process piss off a driver with a gun and he starts to follow you. Do you go home bringing them to your wife and baby? Hell No.
Obviously this is fairly fiction oriented and not likely to happen. But if given that situation you do not 'bring' or 'lure' them to your home where your most precious things in the entire world happen to be. In a cabal, your cabal is the MOST precious thing in the ENTIRETY of thera. No debate can be had. So you are seen as not only abusing power, but also bringing an enemy into your most precious place. A crime punishable by death. (I always wanted to say that).

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

cabal conduct wrote:
Your cabal grounds is sacred. You do not allow anyone not of your cabal to
enter.

If you've been fighting someone for a while, you don't ever run back to your cabal unless someone has intruded upon it. That's part of the way it is, and that's the way it's been for a long time. You can't regen there, so there's no reason to run and hide there unless you're TRYING to get the person to invade (to either use the guardian or to confine), which goes directly against the purpose of a cabal: to protect the cabal item. There's no valid reason to run TO your cabal during a fight, unless it's being attacked.

cabal conduct wrote:
When your cabal is intruded upon, you will return to the cabal immediately to defend it.

The implied (and as far as I'm aware, widely understood) meaning here is that you are AWAY from your cabal, hence the word "return" being in there. I don't know why

Remmenon wrote:
Luring is against the cabal conduct because I'm letting them in the Cabal... but the thing is I don't because once they invade, I have to protect my grounds and kill them which is exactly what I did and I got ass raped about because I definately didn't let them in at all. Anyone with half a brain and obviously got what Kessor got out of the cabal conduct would definately agree that I didn't let them in, I didn't force them in, they had free will, free choice to enter, and pay the price should they enter.

I don't agree. Your saying that you didn't force them in is absurd, because if someone's trying to aggressively come after you (the only case in which they'd bother to follow into cabal that I can see), you leave them with no choice.

To me, this seems like the following scenario:

Two kids are at school on the playground. There's a teacher on the far side of the playground, away from the two kids. One kid runs up and punches the second kid in the face, and laughs at him. The second kid, obviously angry, starts chasing after the first kid. The first kid runs over in front of the teacher, in plain sight. The second kid, who's still pissed off, runs up and punches the first kid in the face to "even the score." The teacher sees this happen, and the second kid gets in trouble. Meanwhile, the first kid points and laughs and goes on to drag someone else into his trap.

You can't honestly expect people to believe that you had no idea that people would follow you into your cabal after you'd been fighting for a while, can you? I really hope that you don't underestimate the intelligence of the players here, Remmenon, because I'm fairly certain that the majority of them don't buy that line.

In any case, it's over and done with... let sleeping dogs lie. This thread's supposed to be about the cabal forums that in my opinion don't serve any purpose.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Well, you can duck and run from the points I raised in this thread if you want. As for what you raised here though, it would be nice if you didn't lie about the facts:

Quote:
Here's the thing. The Imms call this "Luring" and they will rape you in the ass for it

Actually, you were the one who bragged about not being able to finish a fight on your own, and you wrote a note to your cabal to brag about luring them (YOUR words) to your cabal grounds. Note's on file for anyone in Legion to read -- or any Imm high enough level to read cabal notes, one of whom has enough experience with cabals to know that this is not how cabal grounds are to be used and asked you to explain/verify your bragging about "luring".

My misguided little self-persecuting martyr, you can try to rule-lawyer all you want, but we removed regen from cabals specifically to prevent people from hiding out in it from PK's (like was commonly done before). You weren't in trouble for dealing with an intruder, as you keep trying to twist the incident into (which is what cabal conduct said and what Kessor agreed with). No, you got in trouble for turning someone you're fighting into an intruder by running to cabal when you had no reason to in the first place. Since you can't regen within your cabal, can you offer another reason to run in there other than the "luring" that you yourself were dumb enough to gloat about in your note? Or perhaps you have a slate of caballed-chars (or Imms) waiting in the wings who'll come out on your behalf and testify that what you did was an appropriate use of their cabal's grounds? Go ahead, I'm waiting to see your thunderous support. Good luck.

Quote:
Now, me and this person are fighting, no one is really winning/losing because the other person if they are losing just recalls away and heals up.

Sheer incompetence. Hmm, lots of other uncaballed people manage to get PK's despite the almighty recall, and you as a Legionnaire can't do it? And how come the two recent Legion drow ninjas before you didn't need to resort to run-to-cabal to get their kills, and you did?

That was a piss-poor excuse for your actions. Surely you can come up with more compelling reasoning than this. Go ahead, enlighten us.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

You know what's great about the forum, as soon as I see a certain name at the side and read the first sentence or two, I just don't even bother reading the restbecause I already know it's going to be a pretty homo answer So thanks guys for taking the time to post stuff, unfortunately I just don't care to read it.

Basically I'm going to let this post die, since obviously the game isn't ready for a cabal forum. I'll just let the rest of you guys get back to your big OOC circle jerk and hope that burzuk doesn't end up being the last guy to finish and have to eat the bread.

Anyways thanks to the people who voted yes. Maybe someday there will be a cabal forum ( which in my opinion would be more valuable then the off topic shit, or mockers tavern)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: