Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

Ages
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Ages

Reading through the history of AR, theres been alot of changes in ages and stuff. When will the next one be, any idea or anything to get my hopes up or down or whatever, cause ive never really experienced an age change

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

Yeah, some sort of age would be cool. It's been kind of a bummer lately, because there isn't any world-wide RP going on, you know? Something for everyone to latch on to.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject:

What kind of "worldwide RP" did you have in mind?

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

Well, i've been kicking around an idea for a while and this sounds pretty nice. With the whole invasion being beaten back... Maybe something to fully tie that together to end that Age and usher in something new.. I know the fells and abyssals are fulyl gone, but nothing grand happened to kill them really, except Meriandos thingy in the square which destroyed MS... Ehetier leave that be... But I have the feeling, with Valour beign rebuilt, that some big Crusade world wide thingy would be nice.... Sorry if none of this makes sense.... But such is my mind without sleep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject:

Like, some sort of war. I don't know. Maybe something where all the goods or evils are annihilated, and the world is plunged into darkness/brought back to light. You know how during the Strythmas deal, everyone was fighting for a common cause? Sort of a sense of unity is what I'm going for.

Something like that.

0 0 0
vncmetal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Amen. I like the sound of that. Maybe a little more permanent than Strythmas... I missed that whole thing due to a computer crash.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I cant really see what you mean with this.. sorry.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

[Edit] Ignore me.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Sad You don't? I think (slap me if I'm wrong, guys) they mean like a major, world-changing event, pushing us from one age to another.... Like after Valour is done, A huge crusade against evil and have some wierd twists, or something like the Items that are spoken of in "The Beginning" be discovered...

Quote:
Several containers were crafted imprison their power, and the quartet returned to the realm they had left abandoned to finish the fighting. The containers were spread around Thera, hidden deep within, and a barrier created around the lands by its governors, to prevent the items from ever being removed from it.

Like you could put them in spots that are reachable by anyone at any age or rank and that would usher in a new age... like whoever had it could be attacked by ANYBODY.... just something like that (once again, guys, slap me if I am wrong...)

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

we could have the industrial , technology, and information ages...

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Sethronu.
Information age all the way.

instead of minimap we will have GPS.
and instead of notes we will have emails.
and heralds can type the mystiques instead of writing them.

Lets get it implemented quick! come on!

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

Don't do tech plz it's a good line the way it is you just need some willing scapegoats to cause mass distruction if my comp was up and running and I could get ahold of my cousin and a friend we could easily cause mass chaos.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

Try to keep this on topic.

I am obviously interested in implementing some 'world event' type thing, for you guys to have fun with. The problem is I don't know what you actually want out of it.

Do you want mob bashing? (we can *effortlessly* create custom mobs, scripting them is a bit harder)
Do you want pvp?
Do you want real Immortals involved?

Questions that must be asked. Get me some specifics so I can look at what exactly you have in mind. I need detail.

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

Are we talking about a new age? With full pwipe and everything? Everybody starts back at level 1? If so, that'd be pretty gay unless some comprehensive new module or major modification were being introduced.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:

Some type of fell/abyssal type deal I think.

My vote would be for something PK related.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Obviously 3/4 the pbase wants something PK related, so that would be the way to go... In all honesty, I have an idea i'll be tossing out here in a few hours once i've worked it out. It's going to be complicated to explain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

donno if you're looking for ideas on this forum post or not, but.. here's one. I love brainstorming.

How about if some Legion, Necromancer/Vampire, whatever, attempts to open the rift again to let the dark lord or the abyssals out but instead creates a rift in reality and the souls of previous characters come back as quasi ghosts?

And as an interesting piece of fluff, there could be some mob program that would take old classic characters and pit them against each other, battles that no one can engage in but just watch. Like, you see old knights and legions just randomly fighting on Eastern road or in Seringale, maybe Lourn and Lazrin or something. I donno, I don't keep up well enough.

Rough idea, just think it would be interesting to see that happen and could be an easy plot premise.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I want something with all three of those. Mob/player armies, being led by immortals, people fighting against the imms (or something crazy like that), imms V imms, that leads to an eventual victory of either side, with prizes and stuff. I think having immortals playing a major part in all of it would be pretty important.

It needs to be that pinnacles will never be bored. They will always have some sort of war effort to contribute to. Like, "Oh crap! The ________ are invading Valour! I must defend, lest the city be torn into ruin! No time to hoard, train, explore, or go idling!"

These are just ideas... I can't post exactly what I want with every little detail. Thats your job to fill it in.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I know this is kind of cleché (stolen from forgotten realms..) but what if magic started to fail or something? There could be an overflow in Warrior classes (ie. restricting the amount of mage/cleric classes which can be created). The Roleplay reason behind the change in the magic would be because of the unatural disturbance the surge creates.

Ready... Set... Flame!:

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Ok... Here is my idea.... It would be long reaching, but I think that the creation of Armageddon Sanctuary leaves an interesting bit of RP open if people chose to exploit it. Again, i'm trying to hash my idea out (better than it is here) so I can be prepared to answer questions, but here it goes: an IMM(or mort) finds the Orb that Styrth supposedly concealed in there that could bring about the destruction of the Realm, and commences to wage war against the world with it, upsetting nature and magic itself because the Orb would (if it is a thing of Chaos which sounds like it) warp things about it when being used. This could cause spells to do funky things. Like flame arrow could do icicle, etc... Because the Orb is throwing the world into Chaos. There could then be a band (organized by an Immortal, i'm not sure how you would swing alignment issues, but yeah) that joins forces to retake the Orb and secure it again in the Sanctuary and prevent whoever discovered it from ever tappign it's full power. Thats what I got so far... Suggestions?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: