Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 10 hours.

Stats rolling
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exofuxion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Stats rolling

How do I count the maximum stats a class/race can roll and does class affects the rolling?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

They each roll two from max, so just roll a dozen or so and you'll find the maximums. Class affects rolling max in most cases, but only human has different final max stats by class.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

roll more than a dozen.. humans will roll about 20-40 80's or 90 91, but they can get 92. Im sure someone has carefully checked out the highest possible numerical max for each race/class combo, if theyre into that sort of thing.

0 0 0
arkane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

I got a 94 with an Elf Invoker once...I though that was cool...

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject:

when rolling, i usually just add the numbers up and then start subtracting to figure out at which level i would like to have stats fully trained.

you can subtract 6 at the beginning for the double level 1 trains and then 1 from then on. 93 is a pretty good human roll, otherwise, you have to do the math.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject:

To judge stats I recommend weighting them.. str/dex/con are about the same value, and int/wis are roughly half as useful (bonus to defenses only). So just divide the int/wis contributions by 2. Elf isn't as hot as it seems under that model, and you'll see with giants, the stats are naturally low, but they have most of them where it counts.. This is for pure tanking/meleeing ability of course.

Last edited by Davairus on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject:

Worst case combos can easily take upwards of 50,000 rolls to get max. Completely off-hand I'd say about 15,000 is probably the average. That said I would never make a character without a max roll. Get yourself a char roller, track down marsd or someone else, and let it do its thing for hours until you get your max roll. Not worth playing without it.

0 0 0
Devin_Smoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:

Umm... I don't mind playing with a char that isn't a max roll... and in fact, I think the point is to have fun, rather than to power play like some of them. But that said, I don't understand why you'd need a max roll to have fun with it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject:

Because you can get a huge pk advantage doing it, dummy. Winning pk's = fun. If you aren't actively pk'ing it doesnt matter. I tended to play quick & dirty combos that I can roll under max and double train their stats to undo the gimp, but I've had a halfling thief with 850 hp-ish at 48 just by leaving the stats untrained after max-rolling him. If you ever played a halfling thief, you'll know that's a shit ton. It was a bitch to equip him, but always worth it, especially during the time spent at 35, where he had the hp of a character ten levels higher. Razz If I cared to rare him out the eq would be boosting the stats tons without trying, and it'd still have more hp than usual for that suit. Then that extra hp is extended even more by sanc and defences. Max roll is useless to somebody who doesnt take advantage of it though. It is the level 10-40 trash and ne'er-do-well players (like heralds) that generally needn't bother. But even so, if you are going to keep a character for a year you might as well spend a while rolling it. Thats just investing care into the character, not merely "power play". Its also very safe for a vet to get from level 1-10 without a gay death when they start with those extra trains straight into hp. And dying is the anti-fun. We're just talking about basic survival here, not just trying to hit 1 point of damage harder or attempt to convert every item you get into something useful and level as fast as possible.

0 0 0
Devin_Smoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject:

If you're going to make rollers legal, then why don't you just let us roll max characters... (cut out the rolling part entirely) doesn't it seem sorta pointless to give an advantage to the people that are willing to spend hours trying to create a roller to make "pk fun?"

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject:

...........................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

0 0 0
Devin_Smoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject:

*grins* I wondered when you'd reuse that again. Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject:

If we just give away free maxroll then the pool of level 10-40 trash I just mentioned is also stronger, and then people who have invested more care into their characters won't have the advantage. The character I spoke about was specifically anti-trash so sort of dependent on that laziness. Its not the gimps that win. Gimps will always lose, that's why we call them that. Also people who want to roll will roll whether you want them to or not, they'll just delete level 5's over and over until they get their hp bonus from six 18 hp ranks in a row. So yeah. We need the roller. Obviously we're not going to fix level gains, the diversity makes character's more unique and its a nice touch.

0 0 0
arkane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject:

So If I role an Elf Ill, and I get a 93 and take it, am I at a disadvantage?
Im just asking because I dont know a whole lot about rolling.......if you roll long enough, are you saying that it is possible to have your stats maxed out at the beginning w/o using your initial training sessions?

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
It is the level 10-40 trash and ne'er-do-well players (like heralds) that generally needn't bother.

Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject:

I expect your upset is caused by feeling like you're a part of that hopeless bunch.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject:

I have nothing to say to that but Banana

I mean, uh, HEY! Don't diss my heralds!

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject:

'Those who flagrantly use foul language or violence have no place
within the cabal.'

Get that line out of there or change it to violence against those who have done them no wrong and I might change that a bit for you. Someday..

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject:

Devin_Smoth wrote:
If you're going to make rollers legal, then why don't you just let us roll max characters... (cut out the rolling part entirely) doesn't it seem sorta pointless to give an advantage to the people that are willing to spend hours trying to create a roller to make "pk fun?"

ROFL, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject:

Those who flagrantly use foul language or violence without instigation have no place within the halls.

In addition, read Help Behavior.

Good 'nuff now?

I'm going to bed. wave

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: