Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 15 hours.

Stats rolling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject:

so.... with jmc, if you just write

#ac {[8%1]} n
#ac {[90]} n

ect.

and then press enter... it will do it?

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Oh my.....
Praise the Lord

Twisted Evil

It works! man I just have to laugh at myself now! How simple it was... stupid jmc!

Thanks Shughurd! You're my hero

By the way... what is the max roll for races? Human is 93? 0r 94? because shouldn't a max roll be 6 less then the max stats they can have? so if you add up the 5 twenties plus the extra stat that is 101... wouldn't that make a maxed roll 96? I don't understand that... and does every race that adds up to 101 have the same max roll as a human?

Oh... alright, I guess you said, Dav, that they all roll 2 from max... I didn't fully understand that until now, I guess that means that a max roll is 8 less then the total stats added up? So for a human, stats add up to 101, subtract 8 and that is 93... I guess that makes perfect sense... only problem is I rolled a giant and rolled a 88... a stone giants total stats add up to 94, 8 from 94 is 86, so... are giants an exception?

Or am I wrong entirely?

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Well if you lose to a gnome warrior who has > 90% health, its not going to make much difference to you whatever you roll.. but if you were playing at the highest level of the game, in cabals, and lets assume that all classes are balanced equally... then the roll unquestionably tips the odds slightly in your favour. And history has shown it'll count. When you crawl out of a cabal defence gangbang with 9 hp out of 800 and a full set of ownage rares your cabal can't afford you to lose, crap running down your legs, having earned that 10 hp becomes the right thing to do, regardless how dull and boring rolling for 1 hour instead of 1 minute was. Would you roll if it determined your eventual damroll? Well it does. Think about how much time you'll invest into gambling, getting eq. Its just another way of getting your secondary attributes, or however you decide to use the bonus trains. Now consider that this particular bonus is just as "permanent" as a tattoo or mastered dirt or something. How much does mastered hide really matter? You can flee and hide a second time right?

* its just as easy to write a stat roller, and roll a -1 max, than it is to write one and master sneak & hide, and it arrives a lot sooner *

Its a possibly stupid choice to leave those stats at base and start looking for stat eq as well though. This option is one which to the average schmuck just isn't worth taking. I think at lowest level play (Heralds & newbies/ trash), being -1 dex or something like that is no more than a nuisance for optimizing the hardest-hitting composite non-rare hit/dam/gamble suit to provide damage for winter groups or mob/newb bashing. Whereas for me, I'd rather extend my life by a few rounds longer, to make up for contingiencies like not-fleeing-from-dirts, and allow more time for me to outplay my opponent, as opposed to having 2 damroll and finishing a mob off in 29 hits instead of 30. You get good value out of leaving stats base, a lot higher than you do from hp eq. Just look at mithril upon deficient dex that was spent into hp instead of trained.. instead of getting 1 hit 1 dex you effectively get 1 hit 10 hp instead. That's rare quality. I've pked most people on AR that actually whore damage hard, so I think I know what I'm talking about. The double training at level 1 is also very nice, but you're being kinda lazy if youre gimping your roll to turn a -1 into a -2. I've done that too with characters that were still fun, but not when I planned making a monster.

Of course it is your character and there are no wrong choices. Some people dont play AR for the pk at all. I would certainly respect your decision to avoid spending your time doing something you find unenjoyable, it could be time spent gathering eq from Winter instead, or whatever. That'd make a much bigger difference than rolling. But by the same token I wouldnt call it "power playing" just to get a max roll. Its when people start deleting level 8's over and over that it begins to get a bit stupid. (Theoretically, you could just keep rerolling over and over from 1-50 with brand new max rolls, until you finally created a 1050 hp freak character, but just having to lose a roll in deleting generally puts most people off doing that, otherwise, they'd try. So love the roller. It recognises that people want a way to improve their hp and provides a way to limit it to something so easy that everybody can compete equally for)

and then the person with the stat roller code comes in, autogets their best roll for their chosen race/class combo, and wastes only a minute doing it, and can therefor afford to do the delete at level 8 and start over again far more easily than someone who physically is at the computer rolling for their own stats instead of letting a program do it.

Im just saying.

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
autogets their best roll for their chosen race/class combo, and wastes only a minute doing it,

YOU FOOL! MR. T DOES NOT APPROVE THAT!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject:

It can take like 3 days for perfect roll, even if they're not there, they still have to wait 3 days to make another character.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject:

so 6 under max is a max roll, it IS possible to have maxed stats at level 1?
It just takes FOREVER?

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
It can take like 3 days for perfect roll, even if they're not there, they still have to wait 3 days to make another character.

but no newbie or semigood player without a stat roller is willing to spend 72 hours to get a perfect roll... doesnt that mean encouraging either autorolling or being inferior?

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject:

Okay,

so basically,

Most every elite on this game uses an autoroller of SOME kind,

regardless of how simple it is.

To hand roll a character is so stupid, because of how simple it is to use an autoroller of some kinda or another.

It's a waste of time to not use a roller.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject:

I don't care if you use a stat-roller. I've made the roller friendlier for stat rollers than it has been in the past to make it easier to make your own. I don't even care if you script your levelling since it means you're getting your homework done. I just want you able to respond to other players on the game. If I see fail it'll obviously go further than just being disconnected. If anything is significant enough to not want scripting you'll see measures in place and I bet you'll stay out of trouble if you notice them and don't try to "advanced script" those sort of things.

The thing I take most exception to is multiple connections. Everybody is allowed one and only one connection. So you either roll or play.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I am extraordinarily stupid. I read all the posts. I want ONE (1) straightforward answer to the following questions:

What is the max stat thing? 6 from max? Or what?
Like for a human warrior? human dark knight? same for other races? whatsup? Please don't get too mad..... just please answer the questions. Thank you!!!

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:

You know how there are 5 stats per character? Each characteristic can only have a different of 2, so being 16-18 for Strength for Elves. Basically, find out what the median numbers are, and then just compile them up and viola.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It's a waste of time to not use a roller.

I would advise you to try writing your stat roller yourself if you think it is so quick and easy. It is not an easy undertaking to get zmud to do that. This thread pretty much already proved that. You are lucky enough to have people knowledgeable and willing to help, so be thankful, instead of bitter that they can bypass the filters. Coding something like this may be quick for a seasoned programmer but that isn't something you just become overnight. I also advise you to consider the wider scope of things than just "oh he can roll easily", which also is already discussed if you read the posts in this thread thoroughly.

I can tell you guys didnt read all the posts and I am not going to just repeat myself.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject:

A while ago I figured out how to make a jmc roller on my own, and i have no scripting knowledge, but I do have logic.
I went to the triggered actions tab and set patterns with command responses, with about 2 minutes of experimentation, it was working.

it looked like this

PATTERN- - - - - - - - COMMAND
[8- - - - - - - - - - - - n
[91 - - - - - - - - - - - n
[92 - - - - - - - - - - - n

simple enough, right?

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject:

So, Mahkan, if you're using JMC, this works much simpler, and takes alot less work

#action {[%0]} {#if %0<93 no}

Just replace the 93 with whatever max you're looking for at the time, and it will automatically refuse any roll below the number you put in.

and as for that, Dav, how am I being bitter that people can bypass the filters?

I HAVE written my own statroller, and it works decently enough. Maybe it's not perfect, but I bet it's better than 95% of them out there. I'm not bitter that people can bypass the filters- If they can, more power to them.

You may not remember what you said a long time ago, but you said that those select few who were actually skilled enough to come up with perfect scripts for things deserved the extra edge? Well I agree with that completely.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject:

just like to point to the graveyard as evidence that it has 0 effect whatsoever on trash character creation. logically, a person tries to max a roll to have a long lived character, so they can spend trains in hps and lost con.

A trash character has no such worry and can therefor afford to have a low amount of trains from lack of going through the long and annoying roll process. currently hand rollign a character atm for 25 minutes already, so I got bored and remembered this thread.

Edit.

well after 38 minutes I finally got up to a -2 roll so I took that. No, I tried scripts and none work on my client.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject:

The only max roll chars I have ever played were under Avendus' reign. Usually I settle for max -2 since I always roll by hand (use mushclient and too computer illiterate to make a roller). Pair the max -2 with consistently horrible hp/mana gains and I usually wind up with sub-par stats at level 50. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having a vast amount of time on my hands so instead of deleting and making a new char and hoping for a better turnout I just have to play the gimp.

So far it's worked out not bad. Fire giants (uguchak excluded) had anywhere from 910hp - 947hp (with tattoo for +15hp). Dwarf zerker had 1000hp, gnome warrior around 900 I think, duergar shaman about 700hp/800mana, fire shaman 680hp/680mana, vampire 800hp/750mana, storm warrior around 900hp, gnome invoker around 800hp/1000mana I think, halfling healer about 700hp/850mana, human dark knight about 800hp/700mana, avian warrior about 850hp, werebeast ranger about 800hp, duergar warrior 900hp, human monk is awesome about 850hp level 47, other human monk had around 800 level 50, human ranger about 800hp elf paladin about 700hp/800mana, elf illusionists suck hard - both had 500hp at 50..drow thief had like 520hp at level 49...

It would sure be fun to play with a powerhouse char though who starts out training hp and trains hp all the way to 50. Couple that with lucky levels and good god what a monster you could have on your hands.

When it comes to stuff like AR one of the biggest advantages a person can ever have is an abundance of time.

P.S. do those numbers actually look low? In hindsight to me it seems viable to play a warrior with around 900hp (for the firegiants with 900hp they had like 600 movement). I couldn't even imagine playing a char with 1000hp and 600 movement. That'd be like playing on easy mode or something.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject:

In all honesty I just go for 91 each time...KENTO I didn't know you still played this is rad...i know i said rad im just trying to bring it back...in any case...The changes to parry shield block etc have made it so that nearly each attribute is useful, therefore forcing players to max them out one way or another, with your char you'll probably wanna have int and wisdom so you'll get the max amount of practice/learns per a level (or starting level) and only use your level one trains on your weakest stat or whatever needs two...I dont really remember the specifics on how much wisdom you need for 2 practices to equal learned but if you can get it just at the minimum you save yourself the special trains...I dunno I've been drinking a bit...this make sense to anyone?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

15/16 int = 3 pracs to 75%
17/18/19/20/21/22 int = 2 pracs to 75%
23 int = 1 prac to 73%
24/25 int = 1 prac to 75%

15/16/17 wis = 2 pracs per level
18/19/20/21/22/23 wis = 3 pracs per level
24 wis = 4 pracs per level
25 wis = 5 pracs per level

Vertas why do you have a pic of clifton as your avatar?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject:

I'm glad you asked that actually, I thought it was funny and a good idea at the time, but since I haven't gotten a reaction from him its kinda lost its luster. I'm not sure if he knows this and isn't retaliating on purpose because he knows it ruins my fun or if he genuinely hasn't noticed...

Back on track, unless you have the time to spend three days rolling a char (giant waste of time if you ask me) there are items to boost your stats and you can pretty much pick and choose which ones you feel are important (though others will disagree), I like how the game is designed so that you don't have to play a class a definitive way. There are different approaches to every race/class combo some work better than others, and depending on the attributes you can mix and match. I liked what I had for cythlan, you may say I was recall happy, and I'll agree, it was pretty damn annoying wasn't it. And you just know I was sitting there laughing as I'd just recall after landing an insomnia, I ran out of mana, or even for no apparent reason. I took a maldictive approach to shaman because i wanted to save harm for the killing (near killing) blow and save mana for cures/resancing, and that way they wouldn't initially start running. I had fun making the battles way longer than they had to be not only because i know it annoyed the hell out of all of you, but because i knew that my best shot at winning was to wait for them to make a mistake. You may say thats a cowardly approach, I say its attrition, shaman aren't always a "combat class" thats why they have maldictives. Thats like saying when your fighting a mage with your warrior you shouldn't murder flee...Of course that doesn't mean you should have to either. How you roll won't ruin how you play, you'll just have to find a technique that works for you based on what you decide.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Zmud 7.21 stat roller

PAttern : ~[&StatRoll~]

Value: #IF (@StatRoll >= 90) {Check it} {n}

Under options tab make sure the only thing checked is "Prompt"

This doesn't automaticly say yes, it could, but I don't try for a max roll, normally -1 or -2 So this lets me decide

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: