Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Yep, I'm New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andimir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Yep, I'm New

Yessir, it's all true, I'm new. I found AR through TMC and from what I've seen so far, I love it, I'm a lvl 9 Minotaur Berserker. I've been playing Moo's for about 2 years and I have just recently tried to expand into other games. I'm having a little trouble here and there but it's nothing I won't pick up soon enough. I wanted to find a game that was strong in RP because that's what I'm use too but my concern when it came with Moo's was with the ones that I nearly lived in, were all RP and no PK system or anything like that. Some people weren't hard to RP fights with or anything at all but a majority of people liked to RP matrix style stuff, never die, and take a bullet to the head by a .50 caliber desert eagle and then shoot you back and complain why you didn't die first and also why you just called them a moron Very Happy You know... the usual. But yeah, I'm excited to start getting up in the rankings and RPing with everyone, so see you all soon.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to AR!

Hope you have fun - thats what its all about.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

If you really enjoy it, the best way to keep it fun is with lots of people to play with. So if you can, click on the voting links in the top right corner and vote for AR. Also, tell your friends and others to get them involved.

Welcome to Abandoned Realms. You will never be the same.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Welcome to AR. Sometimes (especially in the higher ranks) battles will fight to stalemates where one guy is losing and he'll run. Usually someone dies though, so don't get discouraged if you die a bit. Each char gets 61 lives so even if you get killed 20 times by level 30 your char still has a long life ahead of them!

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:

two things:
One, welcome to AR. I'm Elaedon, if you ever need anything feel free to ask.
Two, this is for you Vhrael. Do you change your avatar every day? Surprised

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject:

Sup man! Welcome to the world of AR!

You'll have a blast I'm sure. And so far most of the welcomes you've gained have come from the vets, so you know this isn't a pure "i am a pk l337 and u are my slave" community. Feel free to ask questions about anything pertaining to the game on the forum in the Newbie Section or Mocker's Tavern. If you have questions directly for Immortals, "Ask an Immortal" thread helps that. Good luck and keep pushing forward in the game, it'll pay off in skill.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject:

hello new player

yeah AR has been the best kept secret that didn't get much exposure on TMC for a while, though so many people that play here say that this is one of their best mud experiences..

its good to see that we are getting the recognition that we deserve on tmc finally, and its good that more new people are able to benefit from everyone's voting.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

What's up? Welcome to AR, enjoy your stay.

Word of advices, don't get too frustrated. use the resources available. abandonedrealms.com has loads of articles availalbe for you. Also, the players run a page with PK logs and such so you can read and learn. Good luck and have fun.

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Helpfiles are your best friend.

Nice to see that our voting is bringing in new and interested players to our community. Keep it up guys and girls.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, read all the helpfiles you can find and familiarize yourself with weaknesses and strengths... That will help you alot...

Vhrael-Same ? as rabidgecko...

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully it's not a "forum scandal" with me changing my avatar all the time... but if you must know, I get bored frequently (I have ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder). Therefore if I find a picture that interests me, I sort of "forget" about the old one and go "ooh, neato"... and, well, then you guys see a new picture all over the forums.

So sue me... Wink

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to AR, Andimir

Best advice is to get in with the community if you're interested in sticking around AR for any amount of time. There's lots of cool people with good advice, so post on these forums as much as you want.

There's also an official IRC chatroom on irc.webchat.org, #ar_chat, that some guys are in at times.

It's good you're already into RP, we always need more of those players. For PK stuff, just be willing to die a lot and get good at re-equipping. Sometimes it can be discouraging, but the PK system's here's one of the best I've come across and it'll get really fun the more you practice. So just go out there, fight and brush off defeat as much as is necessary Very Happy

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Just don't freaking cry and delete when you lose your first mithril vest. It's not worth it. And welcome, by the way. If you happen to be a student, be prepared for your GPA to drop about 2 points. Twisted Evil

Oh, I also didn't see this mentioned before. Check out invokation.net. It's you best friend. Props to bucky, mendek and marsd.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Welcome.

And trance monkey, I have to say it again.

That avatar is soo ridiculous. lol

0 0 0
Altheripper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the edit Sebby. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

*whistling innocently*

0 0 0
Andimir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all the support and words of encouragement everyone. And Vhrael... I understand the ADD thing completely... I have ADHD and anything thats interesting keeps my attention for about 5 minutes then I usually find another "pretty" thing to oogle over Very Happy

0 0 0
The_Dark_Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

from a semi new player to a new player welcome it is a really fun game lots of good people and alot of stupid people who walk around attacking anything and anyone and sometimes you end up dieing for this reason "because I could" i hate that reason, but roleplay pk and have fun welcome to the addiction from hell

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: