Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 12 hours.

Interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Interest

I seem to have trouble making a character past rank 35 or so because by the time I get there, im not interested in the char and am so bored with it i have to start another race class combo that sound like more fun, but when i do, same thing happens

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there anyway to get me to stop being an idiot and just play?

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Rp, make a history for your charactor. You don't get bored with your friends just because they're human students, or human [job title here], you stay interested in them because they have a past and a future. Take the time to write a background, or at least come up with one in your head. Make friends and enemies who you don't want to leave behind. (Friends because you like em, enemies because you want to settle your score or something). Give your charactor a personality and you won't want to see him go.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Xasa, I've experienced that a little.

Mostly it's kind of just growing up. You seem kind of ADD right now, just wanting something new and exciting to toy around with. That's fine, I've been there, and come and go from there even still.

Though more nowadays I want a character that will leave an impact, be known more than I want to test or fuck around with this or that combo/skill/spell/etc.

I think until you naturally shift focus, as to how AR gives you your enjoyment, you may just continue making and deleting characters. It's quite enjoyable to stick a character out to the end (50 or condeath), as you get to really learn the class and people will remember him or her.

That's what I've seen around here, anyway.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Alright

thanks guys

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I think everyone's gone through a phase where they just want to test everything out. I know I did... yay for string of level 30s just going around and slaughtering. Actually, Sebryn would remember that time pretty well -- hooray for Fells and Abyssals.

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: phase?

lol, phase? Haha, i've been playing this game for like 6-7 years now, and have had a total of about 2 level 50's, for that very same reason. I just get bored of the char, sometimes at mid 40's sometimes mid 30's. I dunno, Im still around, I just keep trying new combo's. Go for the underdog class/race combo.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject:

Same thing happened to me with my char. I just kept going, even though it was really gay, and everything got a lot better.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I have same problem.... I get shit beat out of me or something like that... like four days ago i got killed three or four times in the same day... Embarassed that fucking hurts....So, any tips on not getting raped over and over again by the same guy?

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

The only thing I have to say about not getting killed by the same guy over and over, is to quit out. No matter what, if you don't feel like dying, quit.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: