Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 17 hours.

link drop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: link drop

I was going to apply to a cabal, but I just attacked someone, then the link dropped right in the middle of the fight I guess you could call it. Sucks because I lost a really nice rare, but will this affect if I apply to a cabal their decision? And how do you play it off Rp wise if you get tells calling you pathetic if your connection screwed you like this?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Were you getting tells from the cabal members, or from your opponent?

Also, try explaining in-character what happened - people usually say stuff like "excuse me, I went temporarily insane" or "I had a massive headache"... stuff like that. It's not exactly the best RP, but it's better than "sorry, my ISP sucks and my connection's weak, let me reboot real quick."

As for affecting your application/induction process, I wouldn't think it would hurt you as long as a) it was a genuine accident, and b) you can prove yourself to the cabal again through whatever tasks they assign you. Just go at it again, you should be fine.

Last edited by Vhrael on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

lol okay, I hadnt actually applied yet, and I do think I'm pretty okay at pking. Its one of those times where you think, Im gonna own this guy(as a player, maybe character too) then you get screwed by something like your house caught fire or your connection lamed out. it was the player who killed me who was telling me, I tried to pass myself off as mindless, I didnt really know the best way though. sucky thing is my connection used to be good all the time but its cycling frequently now or something, cause it keeps dropping every so often..

last thing I hit was dirt, and I didnt get to see the result of that, but apparently it went through.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Headaches is my personal favourite for that kind of thing. Its a pet hate of mine when people say "my mind was gone/wandering".. so I'm glad you're looking for something better to do than use those.

Or you can urm.. just dont mention your connection sucks. You dont want to get killed six times in one day because the guy knows that. If this is an evil, its a good idea to never acknowledge your defeats. Stone-face any taunters and act as if nothing happened. Admitting defeat is like admitting weakness. Never!

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I've thought about playing a character with amnesia before... this'd be a great area for that.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

rofl this is crap. it did it again. Im so pissed at my isp now. I think I'll go in their office and start slapping the crap out of them

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: