Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Contracting, pk and items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Contracting, pk and items

Does anyone really use these anymore? there are virtually no tickets open for donating items in return for gold, and the cost of contracting a person in the 30s range is over 100k.

If I had over 100k I'd probably try killing someone myself instead of paying that much.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Since you can just buy protection in the middle of a pk that makes contracting a bit redundant, but its pretty good to have the option of upping the bounty. Contracts of course depend on how well represented evil currently is.. its no good if there's nobody to collect them.

As for the pawn shop, I agree with that. It was a lot of trouble to make, and yet it doesn't get used. I've been thinking about it happening automatically, because players dont retrieve the items, they just sac them, which sadly also takes them out of circulation. Course, that will result in a no-payment for the guy who sacced it, but at least the item will be delivered to the guy who ponied up the money.

I definitely want a more active pawn shop for the limited items, to compete with the gambling ones. Just havent worked out new details yet.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

well I put a ticket in there for anyone who wants to make quick cash to fulfill. Maybe immortals could do a sort of promotional thing by telling random high level people to create or fulfill tickets or something.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

You mean like tasks? I was getting there.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Don't you have to be protected to contract items? I remember there being a severe downside to being protected... I'm just not sure what it is.

I don't contract, only ever did it once and it wasn't worth it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: