Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

Lag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dainedune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Lag

Is horrible lag the norm for AR? I've been having really bad problems with this, leading to some disappointing events (like logging in, lagging horribly, moving a few rooms, and then getting PK'd, unable to do much of anything). At times like now, early in the morning (6AM-9AM), it's not bad at all. However, as the day goes on towards peak hours, it's horrid. Based on how my performance with other things at the bad lag times, I'm inclined to think that my connection isn't playing the dominant role in this, but I could always be wrong.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes it will seem to lag really bad and when I check my computer there's nothing else going on that should be stealing bandwidth. Other times I know its just me, but thats when i get dced completely. it could be the input of new things into the game like areas or new weapons that causes a little lag for a bit?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

The server is www.wolfpaw.net and it has occasional lag (all servers do) but definitely not as frequently as you are experiencing.. this is the same server that mudconnector.com is listed on.

Try inquiring at support@wolfpaw.net .. that guy may be able to help you with your problem since it is a server issue.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

also, if you're in the san francisco/north california region, there's been recent reports on cable companies overselling their pipes to turn a biggest profit (comcast, etc.. etc..). So, that might be another reason.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
it could be the input of new things into the game like areas or new weapons that causes a little lag for a bit?

Nope.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: