Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Are you Asian
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you asian?
yes
27%
 27%  [ 14 ]
no
72%
 72%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 51

Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject:

By my time of day (2:25 pm), it's more like 'prynhawn da' now.

But being Irish, I prefer Gaelic:

Dia dhuit tráthnóna

0 0 0
Asyndic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Ah, tone it down? Bullshit I say. I'm arrogant and I'm an American. The world knows how we are and me "toning" it down on a forum isn't going to change that opinion.

Besides, Americans have fought and died on all populated continents on this earth. Sometimes for their own agendas but mostly for the rights of others who in return call us warmongerers even after we send their flags back up the pole in their previous occupied capitals. We send Billions of dollars annualy to under-developed countries and countries not able to support themselves. These are American dollars, earned by the sweat and labor of American taxpayers. Do not think that I begrudge or am angered by this fact. We have always been a generous society who not only believe in Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness for Americans, but for all humans. We have been talked about, spit upon and cursed by every country that we have ever helped save maybe the English and Australians whom I am proud to say are probably the only two countries in this world that the Americans can call Friends and not just allies.

So, no, I wont shut up or tone it down. The Blood of American fighting men and women and the sweat of all those working-class Americans has given any American the right to speak out on how much We the people, We the Warmongerers have given to this Earth.

I say again, I'm an arrogant individual. But more importantly, I hate Liberals. If they think America is so bad, move to France--where they still speak french because of the blood of America's sons and daughters.

0 0 0
Solitare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I say again, I'm an arrogant individual. But more importantly, I hate Liberals. If they think America is so bad, move to France--where they still speak french because of the blood of America's sons and daughters.

Yea, thats a great idea. Then everyone in america will be populated completly by religious conservatives. Im sure that kind of unilateral thinking would GREATLY benifit society. I mean, look at how much good its done afghanastan, iraq other countries that execute/deport their progressive thinkers.

The Blood of American fighting men and women and the sweat of all those working-class Americans has ALSO given any American the right to speak speak out against the actions of our country.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject:

[soapbox]

Solitaire... where in Asyndic's post did you find even a scrap of religious reference? Conservatives I can understand, but there's no reference to religion at all... I don't really think your 'Afghanistan/Iraq' reference is a valid one here.

Quote:
The Blood of American fighting men and women and the sweat of all those working-class Americans has ALSO given any American the right to speak speak out against the actions of our country.

That's just an unfortunate side-effect of our nation's military protecting our freedoms. Before anyone takes that the wrong way, let me explain.

I personally dislike the following type of cycle that is prevalent in American society (this is mainly a liberal perspective I refer to):

A) Some country/group of radicals speaks out against the U.S. and threatens our safety/freedoms, possibly with actual violence (a la September 11th).
B) The president decides to send military forces to "reinforce" our strength in the minds of those that would threaten our safety and way of life.
C) A portion of the general public begins to whine that other people are being "wrongfully persecuted" or harassed by our 'evil government' or something else equally ridiculous.

My main problem is with "C" obviously. As you said, Solitaire, the actions of our military and predecessors are what allow you and countless others to state your 'true feelings' about the wrongful nature of their actions.

However, if they make you happy and stop what you consider 'wrong' and discontinue defending your ass, how long is it going to take before you want that safety back once it's threatened by another country trying to invade or take away your rights? Will you have to speak Russian or Chinese before that happens, or will you hold your head up high as the bombs fall on your city streets, knowing that some other country isn't being "oppressed by the evil might of the United States" anymore?

This is an extremely one-sided and hypothetical example, I know, but it's to try and demonstrate a point. You and everyone else that bitches about how 'unfair' we treat other nations by getting involved in their business don't understand that we're there to GIVE you the right to badmouth the very actions that are being used to give that freedom in the first place!

Yes, it's great to have 'freedom of speech,' but why gripe about the means to that end? If you thought your boss was dishonest and it bothered you, would you tell all your co-workers how you felt but still collect a paycheck, or would you quit and get another job? That's how hypocritical everybody sounds that bitches about our foreign policy. Try walking in the oppressed and freedomless shoes of someone IN Iraq or Afghanistan. Then in 15-20 years we'll send our military over to bust up the government and install a new one that will restore your freedom to live how you want. See how much you complain about our "terrible government" then.

[/soapbox]

C'mon... I know those flames are about to spew from someone... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject:

To steer this ship back to its original course:

I apologize for continuing to jack the thread with a political discussion...

And I'm still not asian.

0 0 0
Solitare

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:
[soapbox]

Solitaire... where in Asyndic's post did you find even a scrap of religious reference? Conservatives I can understand, but there's no reference to religion at all... I don't really think your 'Afghanistan/Iraq' reference is a valid one here.

Agreed. Negate religion from my previous comment. In that case, you are left with just an authoritarian rule. China, chili, sudan, ethiopia. More countries with EXCELLENT human rights records.

Quote:
That's just an unfortunate side-effect of our nation's military protecting our freedoms. Before anyone takes that the wrong way, let me explain.

I personally dislike the following type of cycle that is prevalent in American society (this is mainly a liberal perspective I refer to):

A) Some country/group of radicals speaks out against the U.S. and threatens our safety/freedoms, possibly with actual violence (a la September 11th).
B) The president decides to send military forces to "reinforce" our strength in the minds of those that would threaten our safety and way of life.
C) A portion of the general public begins to whine that other people are being "wrongfully persecuted" or harassed by our 'evil government' or something else equally ridiculous.

My main problem is with "C" obviously. As you said, Solitaire, the actions of our military and predecessors are what allow you and countless others to state your 'true feelings' about the wrongful nature of their actions.

However, if they make you happy and stop what you consider 'wrong' and discontinue defending your ass, how long is it going to take before you want that safety back once it's threatened by another country trying to invade or take away your rights? Will you have to speak Russian or Chinese before that happens, or will you hold your head up high as the bombs fall on your city streets, knowing that some other country isn't being "oppressed by the evil might of the United States" anymore?

I dont know how war entered into all this, nor do I understand how you came to the conclusion that I dont want the U.S 'defending my ass.' I certainly dont want another country to invade and take away my rights, but I also dont want MY country taking away my rights. Sending anyone who disagrees with the government to the France, as mentioned above by the parent, would certainly fall into that category.

I wont post again on the subject here. If anyone wants to argue with me, Ill be lurking in IRC,

BTW, I am also not asian.

0 0 0
La_PaRCa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Colombian

I am Colombian you skanks.
COLOMBIAN!
C
O
L
O
M
B
I
A
N

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I wont post again on the subject here.

I must say, I appreciate the lack of scalding rebuttal. I too won't post again on this subject. I think I might've read a bit too much into your first post.

And even though I might not be as cool as those that are, I am still not asian. Razz

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject:

Seems like the Hispanics are ARs' minority... Oh well... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
birdman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject:

I'm asian by the way, but i don't think you care since this topic is being steered off to other directions ...

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject:

No I think Black Americans are the minority once again. *anxiously raises his hand in acknowledgement*

It's funny, I do so much in school( like sports, clubs, (Poplockin/Breakdance Team<---love that one)) Yet I'm a computer freak! I love the blasted things. A gift and a curse in many ways. Recently got accepted into College and am working to get money straight, cuz I'm broke as can be.

I just can't get away from these games, i.e. AR! But yeah back to the subject, Black guy here.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject:

Got rice bitch?

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re:

Shroud wrote:
Is redneck a race?

If you were a redneck why would you have a computer?

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If you were a redneck why would you have a computer?

Everybody needs a good doorstop every now and then...

<-- still not asian.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject:

Sebryn! I wont fall for your lies you dirty ass asian! ( no offense to any asians) I will not fall for your conspiracy. You lyin bastard. grr.

I am caucasian. With hint of english, a tad of 14 states, A bit of black irish blood, some french, some this and that...And blah blah blah. I am...Your average white joe I guess.(and yes my name is infact joe...) Anyone else a mixed breed?

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject:

sweet_canadian_mullet wrote:
Sebryn! I wont fall for your lies you dirty ass asian! ( no offense to any asians) I will not fall for your conspiracy. You lyin bastard. grr.

I am caucasian. With hint of english, a tad of 14 states, A bit of black irish blood, some french, some this and that...And blah blah blah. I am...Your average white joe I guess.(and yes my name is infact joe...) Anyone else a mixed breed?

Haha, mullet's got more of a mix of races in him then a street side prostitue's got diseases. Oh, and Ramod, no rice, but I am asian.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Drink soup, suckers.

0 0 0
Poo Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject:

I have two black mothers, three white mothers, and a black girlfriend... i think i was adopted. Shocked

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Poo Man wrote:
I have two black mothers, three white mothers, and a black girlfriend... i think i was adopted. Shocked

Uh, was that supposed to be funny?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: