Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 9 hours.

AR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you gotten bored with AR?
yes, of course
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
No never
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Ummmm I don't know
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

DarkFire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: AR

well has anyone gotten bored with AR? I mean I have played for a while just havent been using the fourms and whatnot untill now but AR is getting alittle stale

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I think it's the rp that really keeps me entertained. I get bored with characters that have no purpose - but those usually just idle and sit. Then I look to make a character with a background and a goal. Huotoyoxi was created after Kalist's Mudsex Poll. Iriqeous was made as a response to the Cheese Noodle pic. etc.. etc..

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Iriqeous was made as a response to the Cheese Noodle pic. etc.. etc..

..uh...you sure it wasn't after your banana gif avatar? Laughing [/quote]

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

if you don't put effort into making it interesting for you (and others), AR will be boring. for example, while some odd fellows might get kicks out of seeing every few hours "You have become better at communing create food!", sitting in a guild making mushrooms for days on end is probably not the highlight of AR. similarly, powerranking or sitting around town waiting to pk (at least from my viewpoint) without taking the time to explore the realms or interact and discover how much effort others have put into either areas or characters will ultimately result in a gradual increase in uninterest.

one of the main interests for me when i play is the continuity and dynamism of the realms. while, yes, there will always be those who prefer to stick to "cookie cutter roles", others face each session as a challenge - how can i make it more interesting and unique for myself? how can i demonstrate my uniqueness to others? it's up to you to either take up this challenge or meet one of those who think this way and execute it nearly flawlessly. when you do, you'll find the realms aren't quite as stagnant as you might think.

if you want to have fun, try using imagination. it helps.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

I do. There are a lot of times where I'm all rare-d out, with no room in inventory for more, have all the eatables/drinkables I need, and there's no one to kill. Tasks/selling stuff gets lame after a while, too. I just wait until anyone in my range shows up, and I head off to kill them/challenge them to a duel. Helping ranking, too, or RP.

That's all you can pretty much do in AR, I guess. You have to make up your own things to do besides that (kind of falls into RP). I dunno.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Make a clan.

Join a cabal.

Try to PK someone with your bare hands.

Try to complete 20+ quests.

Learn new pathways between areas.

Think of the worst possible race/class combo you can think of and try to get 80% PK efficiency with it before you delete/condie.

You can do all sorts of stuff to spice things up and challenge yourself.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Eh.. so who was your Warlord again? Things shouldn't feel stale before you've mastered them and are ready for something different. I've only seen a handful of warriors that have mastered the combat modules and enjoyed the rewards of being able to use a warrior well.

Speaking of combat modules, you might want to get the hang of it now before mage modules arrive. That goes double for you mage players..

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: reply

I put bored, lol, but this isnt the first time, I can't count the number of hiatus's I've taken because IW as getting bored with the realms. I am sort of getting a little tired of the cut dry warrior though. Heh, only played two effectivly in my career. I think im gonna take a page out of vhrael's post, and gonna try something thats a little more challenging. I've heard that this race/class combo is good at mid levels, gonna see what it can do at high levels. Thats about all you can do I guess. Try new things. I like to take time off and reflect when i start to grow bored. Or try a different mud just to come to the realization of how good ar is. I dont think that I will ever completely quit it, no matter how bored i get, there will always be a change just around the corner to make it more interesting

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

its just the same thing over and over again most of the time I play there are a few who roleplay even if all they say is Thou, ye and so on and then there are the others who always say lol,brb, u, and r all the time it ruins the game in my eyes. plus i just dont know what I want to play be it a dark knight or a ninja, or even a spellcaster, let alone a race oh well I guess I will just wait for a week or so and start playing again see if that helps

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

DarkFire wrote:
there are a few who roleplay even if all they say is Thou, ye and so on

This, in my opinion, is crap RP... but like you're saying, it's better than nothing.

DarkFire wrote:
and then there are the others who always say lol,brb, u, and r all the time it ruins the game in my eyes

You can a) try to subtly tell the person about roleplay or suggest reading "HELP ROLEPLAY," etc., or b) pray/tell an imm. Either will probably go a long way to helping educate the player (obviously a newer player that hasn't experienced a more enforced roleplay mud) to how we want to keep the mud.

DarkFire wrote:
plus i just dont know what I want to play be it a dark knight or a ninja, or even a spellcaster, let alone a race oh well I guess I will just wait for a week or so and start playing again see if that helps

That's your own thing to come up with there. Maybe read through some of the recent changes and see if anything jumps out as "ooh, that sounds neat... I wanna try that." HELP RACIAL LEGACY might help, since some of the more underutilized race/class combos get some pretty sweet stuff (half-elf warrior = boundless mastery, for example).

The game's constantly being trimmed and altered to keep things fun and exciting, and to make the time spent here as enjoyable as possible. If you're not having fun, try something new, take a new approach, or suggest something that you think might make the game more fun.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm not going to lie... I've been kinda getting bored of Ar.

Maybe it's because I have trouble finding the time to play (honestly, a social life just seems much more appealing at the time) and when I do play I have trouble getting into it- although I did add on about ten-twelve hours two weeks ago (which was nice).

I can't make any new charecters because I can't consistantly play every day and the desire/commitment of keeping an old one alive makes any new charecters just seem like an extra burden.

Any advice?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject:

Minotaur berserker. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject:

MOOOOOOOOOO!

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject:

I do stupid things like make gnomes. It makes things hard. Lol.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:

It sounds like the thing htat's lacking is a challenge. Or rather, there is no inherent challenge. I guess it's for each and every person to find something interesting and difficult to do, be it mastering PK or finding a Persona to suit them. If you have no goal, then what you're doing is pointless. So, find a goal

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
I do. There are a lot of times where I'm all rare-d out, with no room in inventory for more, have all the eatables/drinkables I need, and there's no one to kill. Tasks/selling stuff gets lame after a while, too. I just wait until anyone in my range shows up, and I head off to kill them/challenge them to a duel. Helping ranking, too, or RP.

That's all you can pretty much do in AR, I guess. You have to make up your own things to do besides that (kind of falls into RP). I dunno.

vote and who pk will get bigger then evils should be attacking you and you can roleplay with them while you kill em Razz

theres been a large influx of people using forbidden words or names, so we just have to help them with rp.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

As one of the oldest players left, that still are actively playing, I find things just keep getting more interesting as they implement stuff. Things have calmed down a bit as all the modifications to the fighter classes seems done, but once mage module and religions come in, people are probably going to crap their pants out of sheer excitement alone, and some will die on the spot when they actually experience the changes. So asides from telling you all to patiently wait, all I can reccomend is taking breaks now and then. For the last week and a bit, I just spent a few hours every night playing Resident Evil 4 instead of solid mudding. Then sometimes I'll play AR everyday six hours a day for three weeks straight if something interesting has been happening. Find a happy balance people!

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:
Make a clan.

How do you even make clans? Does anyone know?

I am probably saying something incredibly STOOPID, but I was on when the evil ent things attacked Seringale... that was crazy... spiced up AR alot, made people get excited... brought in new equipment... gvae everyone who was sitting around something to do, and scared the shit outta guards. What more could you want? Now, the STOOPID part: Maybe something like that again? Like dragons that no one knew about raiding Seringale or ents again, just like something to shake things up a little to hold off those who find day-to-day life boring until the mage changes come in....

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I will never get bored of AR. Let me tell you a story... Yesterday night, when I was kind of sick of Elaedon, and none of the other goods at lvl 50 were around, I saw my old favorite meatshield, Yashiramata. I logged on my brother's old healer, and went for Yashiramata, then he fled, so I went after Serathi and Damorath, then Oranyth came after me. I ended up having four people after me. It was SOOOOO fun. in the end it was me vs serathi, and I died once because I was spamming 'co dis ser' even when I was in a shop, and the shopkeeper's name started with ser, even thoug her name was heru. Guess it must be seringale or something. Anyway, Oranyth and Yashiramata found me in valour, at my heavens gate point, and I had to word. I worded right near Serathi. Since I had crap eq on, he full dispelled me on his first try, almost every time. Though when he didn't have mana shield on, I almost got him...
After a night of attacking people in Seringale, I look at my score, and see I am lawful. Embarassed
Now that was a helluva night.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Elaedon wrote:
1. I saw my old favorite meatshield, Yashiramata.
2. I logged on my brother's old healer,
3. and went for Yashiramata
4. After a night of attacking people in Seringale, I ... see I am lawful.

Well #2 and #3 are against the rules, and #4 is against lawful ethos. While I'm sure we all appreciate you trying to give an example of how to "spice things up," examples that include blatant rule-breaking aren't the way to go. Now if you want to get your characters denied, then that's completely fine... as it is, you're lucky it didn't happen last night already.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: