Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 15 hours.

Player Run Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Player Run Events

Finally! I've came up with "player run events", which was mentioned on your Thanksgiving wishlist, incase you guys has forgotten.

As you'll know if you bother to do the quests, I've made a very strong connection between them and the Taverns of Thera. I've also strengthened the link between Heralds and the Taverns. So it was only a matter of time before I wrapped this up, and made it possible for Heralds to run quests.. I'm surprised nobody tried to beat me to it by suggesting it.

Here's your Herald package, which you'll find is pretty damn well furbished for organising your own events.

The taverns

These places are where heralds are at home. In particular Seringale Mocker's Tavern is a hub of activity with its poker attraction. Timaran is also popular. Recall that I made Timaran the best tavern first, and then one-upped it with Seringale recently. This is because I felt it'd be easier to get Timaran established first, then implement the Poker to attract you guys back into Seringale decisively, it would be much more difficult to displace you from Seringale once you got used to that.

The message board

Heralds should use this to post upcoming quests. It resides in the Mocker's Tavern of Seringale. You non-Heralds will undoubtedly learn it while you're doing quests that I've hard-coded, so you should know where it is by the time the Heralds start looking for you. This is another reason I jumped on this idea, although I didn't want to spill the beans about it at the time.

The Theran Mystique

Among other things, this rag will recap quests that the Heralds have ran, what the prizes were, who the winners were, etc.

NEW! The addquest command

It takes a fairly senior Herald to adminster quests, but its not prohibitively high rank. I just want to discriminate the lower ranks of Heralds a bit, since they're on trial as far as I am concerned.

Although "addquest" does not do exp points or any other benefits to gameplay, it counts toward your standing with the Heralds. I'm sure they'll come up with some better stuff later, but you shouldnt be surprised when participation in Heralds events (or rather, the way you do it) results in a reputation for your character. Also, if the stories Heralds run are imaginative enough, I will be happy to turn them into real quests - within feasibility of course.

Heralds are of course welcome to come up with other prizes.

The only limit here is your imagination.. get yourself a Herald, and you can go ahead and run as many quests as you like. Thanks to marsd for making the request.

Last edited by Davairus on Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

Weee, sweet. So now there are more purpose for heralds other than sit around and complain Twisted Evil of nothing to do Rolling Eyes heh.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

if anyone's been complaining of nothing to do i'm going to beat them over the head with a trout.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

A herring would be much more comical and have that underlying joke from 'the search for the holy grail', but to each his own.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

ni!

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Haha sorry Vanisse. I have never made a herald (truth), and I probably have too much in AR to learn and do before I will sit back and relax as a Noble/Herald. There's this stigma ever since I started playing, that heralds are kind of sitting around chatty as whatever type of people.

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Nice work Dav. All the changes with the Herald stuff is nice. Can't wait to take part of some of the new Herald implemented quests.

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

With the addition of addquest, could we also have completed quests appear in the graveyard upon death?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I second Xaza's motion. I think it'd be cool to see completed quests.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Thats a great suggestion.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: